Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodkins View Post
    Hmm, I love blink. Such a great unique spell and one we have had forever. Cannot believe they are getting rid of it...
    They're not. BS can remove it if you select it.

If it was between using Blink and Blazing Speed, even though I'd probably go with Blink it would still be a fair trade.

Though as it is now, trading away Blink AND a strong shield does not warrant using Blazing Speed whatsoever, in almost any scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Simple question what healer gives you personally the biggest headache in pvp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobajobjob View Post
    I play a ret paladin, so my answer is this:

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLos View Post
    I have thought since Beta that scorch should go back to fire since fire has the least in the way of mobility options outside it and the longest cast time nuke. Frost has pet and even ice lance spam when moving.
    Stopped there because that pretty much invalidated your post.

Sorry, but you can't be serious, can you?

Now if you, say, had Frozen Orb out on 20 mobs and you constantly got FoF proccs, THEN I would agree with you, but I'm assuming you're saying "spam IL no matter what", which is just silly.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 02:50 PM ----------

Hmm, I love blink. Such a great unique spell and one we have had forever. Cannot believe they are getting rid of it...
    Please read stuff before blindly posting. Blazing Speed replaces it. If you don't pick Blazing Speed (because why the fuck would you pick it anyways?), you keep it.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-01-10 at 07:52 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 02:50 PM ----------

Please read stuff before blindly posting. Blazing Speed replaces it. If you don't pick Blazing Speed (because why the fuck would you pick it anyways?), you keep it.
    OK, thats not so bad.

Got a panic on for a moment :P

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyStanger View Post
    If it was between using Blink and Blazing Speed, even though I'd probably go with Blink it would still be a fair trade.
    Agreed with that, but the fact that it only lasts 1.5s doesn't really warrant its use.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 02:54 PM ----------

OK, thats not so bad.

Got a panic on for a moment :P
    Oh I don't blame you; if they removed Blink, Mages would be less played than Monks.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 sec could make it worthwhile. But yeah, without Ice Barrier it's STILL too high a cost.

Blink is one of our class's signature spells. They would never be so stupid as to simply remove it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would maybe consider blazing speed, if it was a tier 1 talent, lasted 2 to 2.5 sec and was off the GCD. I'm not sure if it has a GCD or not, I find it a waste of a talent, so I never bothered to look at it over our two shields.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed with that, but the fact that it only lasts 1.5s doesn't really warrant its use.
    I'm not sure if both Blazing Speed and Blink cover the same distance, or if BS covers more due to being non-instant movement.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Lets ignore the 3 talents (and bomb since it is the same for all specs) and look at what happens to each spec when you have to move more then a couple steps. Fire dps goes to 0. Arcane loses damage, but still has barrage. Sure, you lose stacks, but you can barrage every few secs. Frost loses frostbolt. Pet continues to do damage, and can be glyphed to not lose ANY damage. Frost can still IL spam. Yes it is a lot less damage. But, it is still a lot more damage then fire. So, fire is zero while arcane and frost maintain dps, albeit lower then normal.

Now, if you count the frost CDs (orb - procing FoF too, pet freeze procing FoF) plus IL spam, plus pet I would argue frost has the highest damage while mobile. Arcane can make a show. Both specs also have shorter cast time primary nuke, making it easier to stop and cast and move again. While fire is next to useless on movement.

Yes, IL spam w/o FoF is a joke by itself. But they still get FoF. They still have CDs and they still have a pet doing full damage. When taking the whole movement kit into consideration it is not as bad. And mages are by design intended to lose damage when forced to move. Only hunters and locks get to do full damage at range while moving. Other classes are designed to lose damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I'm not sure if both Blazing Speed and Blink cover the same distance, or if BS covers more due to being non-instant movement.
    May not be exact, but at the very least VERY close to the same distance.

The move would have to be much better to replace blink.

Deleted
    Yeah. Just remove the signature ability of the mage because you are shit and can't balance talents.

God that is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    BS will cover more, especially if you jump at the end, but that's not the point. The point is just the short duration which has an impractical use. Plus, not being allowed to blink through stuff? I'd rather chew off my own arm than lose that.

Yes, IL spam w/o FoF is a joke by itself. But they still get FoF. They still have CDs and they still have a pet doing full damage. When taking the whole movement kit into consideration it is not as bad. And mages are by design intended to lose damage when forced to move. Only hunters and locks get to do full damage at range while moving. Other classes are designed to lose damage.
    Losing damage is one thing. Using a spell that ISN'T intended to be used on the go, on the go, is just silly. SPriests can refresh DoTs, Elemental Shamans have Lightning Bolt, and Flame/Earth Shock. Boomkins can refresh DoTs, and Warlocks/Hunters, well, they have more than enough stuff. Frost has literally nothing. Even Arcane has more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Yeah. Just remove the signature ability of the mage because you are shit and can't balance talents.

God that is pathetic.
    Next build, they'll replace Teleports/Portals with Blazing Speed because we can appear to be "teleporting" with our ridiculously fast speeds (for 1.5s).

Losing damage is one thing. Using a spell that ISN'T intended to be used on the go, on the go, is just silly. SPriests can refresh DoTs, Elemental Shamans have Lightning Bolt, and Flame/Earth Shock. Boomkins can refresh DoTs, and Warlocks/Hunters, well, they have more than enough stuff. Frost has literally nothing. Even Arcane has more.
    That is actually not true. Even if you ignore orb and pet freeze generating FoF, ice lance is still something. Not a lot, but it is not supposed to be a lot. And pet damage remains unaffected. Yes, frost loses damage. Yes scorch lowers that loss. But I am not convinced that having a CD such as ice floes balanced around that being the frost mages go to movement CD would not be sufficient. Fire mages have no CDs to use during movement. No pet to trigger procs. No orbs to throw and trigger procs. And most notably, no pet to continue unimpeded. Fire also has a longer cast on primary nuke. For fire, scorch fits a very real need. For frost, it is a boost, but not remotely as critical.

I wont argue as a class we could use some balancing compared to others when it comes to movement. The fact our lvl 90 talents discourage movement in and of itself proves that. The fact that hunters and locks can move with no dps lose what-so-ever is just insane. I don't think the solution for frost is scorch.

Next build, they'll replace Teleports/Portals with Blazing Speed because we can appear to be "teleporting" with our ridiculously fast speeds (for 1.5s).
    A little to cynical.

Admittedly Blizz does not seem to have a clear idea what to do with mages. But try not to get to down.

Trying to be optimistic: Maybe having the worst mess of talents of any class and no clear direction will make the Devs sit down and take a serious look at mages. Maybe next expac we will get the lock caliber rework and come out with kick ass abilities that everyone else will be jealous of.

That is actually not true. Even if you ignore orb and pet freeze generating FoF, ice lance is still something. Not a lot, but it is not supposed to be a lot. And pet damage remains unaffected. Yes, frost loses damage. Yes scorch lowers that loss. But I am not convinced that having a CD such as ice floes balanced around that being the frost mages go to movement CD would not be sufficient. Fire mages have no CDs to use during movement. No pet to trigger procs. No orbs to throw and trigger procs. And most notably, no pet to continue unimpeded. Fire also has a longer cast on primary nuke. For fire, scorch fits a very real need. For frost, it is a boost, but not remotely as critical.

I wont argue as a class we could use some balancing compared to others when it comes to movement. The fact our lvl 90 talents discourage movement in and of itself proves that. The fact that hunters and locks can move with no dps lose what-so-ever is just insane. I don't think the solution for frost is scorch.
    Orb isn't necessarily intended for mobility as it's a major DPS increase, especially in times of AoE.

Pet Freeze is gone in 5.2. This discussion is about current 5.2 PTR, so Pet Freeze is irrelevant.

Pets dealing damage matters not in the slightest in the grand scheme of things, but in fact, elementals moving DECREASES THEIR DPS (read below). Both Warlocks and Hunters get full damage during mobility and both of their pets can attack while their owners are moving (Warlocks don't even USE pets as Sacrifice is better). Priests and Shamans also get their pets to have "mobile attacks" because they are melee oriented. ***Notice how NO OTHER PET has major issues like our Elemental because it doesn't always attack while moving due to its retarded AI that only attacks while moving when you do, so actually, our pet DOES lose damage while moving unless you cast a spell immediately upon moving (which, well, humans aren't perfect, so it will still be a DPS loss regardless of how small or big).***

Scorch is very much needed for all 3 speccs atm as it's our only means to DPS on the go really.

A little to cynical.

Admittedly Blizz does not seem to have a clear idea what to do with mages. But try not to get to down.

Trying to be optimistic: Maybe having the worst mess of talents of any class and no clear direction will make the Devs sit down and take a serious look at mages. Maybe next expac we will get the lock caliber rework and come out with kick ass abilities that everyone else will be jealous of.
    Next expansion won't fix our issues now. By then, it will be too little too late. We need some serious changes NOW, but to start, how about we get a Blazing Speed talent that shouldn't be on the same level as a glyph?

So far I haven't seen anyone agree that replacing Blink is a good idea, so why not give us both? What about Blazing Speed and Blink sharing the same cooldown if you choose the Blazing Speed talent? Here's a better one. Let them share a CD, make Blazing Speed baseline for all Mages, and put something else in that tier because it doesn't belong next to IB and TS. I don't know what I'd put there, but at the very least, if they're going to keep BS where it is, don't replace Blink, just share the CD's at 15 secs.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    [...] how about we get a Blazing Speed talent that shouldn't be on the same level as a glyph?
    How about we make blazing speed a glyph, and add a shield wall cooldown on that talent line?

I'm worried a shield-wall cooldown would be considered too close to Greater Invisibility, but making the spell into a glyph that nobody uses and getting an entirely new spell would be much more desirable than what we have now :V

If it stacked with Blink like it used to I'd consider using it... for questing

The obvious actual replacement has already been said more than once in this thread; the old Improved Blink
    I'd talent that in an instant

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    How about we make blazing speed a glyph, and add a shield wall cooldown on that talent line?
    An actual cooldown would be pretty nice. I'm thinking of, say, Shaman's Astral Shift (or w/e it's called), but like a 30% reduction for 10s with a 60s cooldown (to keep it somewhere in line with the other two)

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Franksredhot View Post
    So far I haven't seen anyone agree that replacing Blink is a good idea, so why not give us both? What about Blazing Speed and Blink sharing the same cooldown if you choose the Blazing Speed talent? Here's a better one. Let them share a CD, make Blazing Speed baseline for all Mages, and put something else in that tier because it doesn't belong next to IB and TS. I don't know what I'd put there, but at the very least, if they're going to keep BS where it is, don't replace Blink, just share the CD's at 15 secs.
    I actually would love this. Then we'd FINALLY have a motherfucking sprint that isn't garbage/replaces something good (Blink/IB/TS)

Deleted
    Well I don't play a mage so I won't go into mechanics, but blink was a pretty signature spell for mages!

I will be sad to see it go and replaced by a boring copy paste rogue sprint. Not very imaginative at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Well I don't play a mage so I won't go into mechanics, but blink was a pretty signature spell for mages!
    I will be sad to see it go and replaced by a boring copy paste rogue sprint. Not very imaginative at all.
    I guess if you played a mage you would have read both the patch notes and this thread a bit more closely