Does Blizzard Have a Heart?

Hello, I had just created the thread discussing a banned name. You can find the thread under the title of "Banned For Character Name".

With the name banned I was given a three hour ban, and was told that if this is the first time I had been banned for a name I could send an in-game ticket with any other names, and they would be reviewed, then changed accordingly if they violated the ToS. The answer is yes, I do have other bad names, but unfortunately I had just recalled nearly six years ago I was given a name change for a similar issue with naming.

My question is, if I send in a ticket asking for my names to be changed, could I be getting myself banned considering this would be my second strike for this issue, even though it was roughly six years ago? Or will Blizzard have a heart in this matter, and allow me to pass through considering how long it has been since the first incident happened? Thank you for reading!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Blizzard has a heart. It's a trobbing, pulsing column of living obsidian, shackled in the bowels of their headquarters. It's a heroic-mode only encounter to which the way is only opened after defeating Metzen and Ghostcrawler on heroic, and getting the achievement: "Veal and Crablegs, it's what's for dinner".

Defeating Heart of Blizzard will instigate a server-wide event called "The Gates of Act'Ivision", where one lucky frostmage must ring the ominous Vivendi Gong, starting the War of the Shuffling Nerds.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Yes, Blizzard has a heart. It's a trobbing, pulsing column of living obsidian, shackled in the bowels of their headquarters. It's a heroic-mode only encounter to which the way is only opened after defeating Metzen and Ghostcrawler on heroic, and getting the achievement: "Veal and Crablegs, it's what's for dinner".

Defeating Heart of Blizzard will instigate a server-wide event called "The Gates of Act'Ivision", where one lucky frostmage must ring the ominous Vivendi Gong, starting the War of the Shuffling Nerds.
    Hahahaha, freaking genius.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPisthelifeforme View Post
    Hello, I had just created the thread discussing a banned name. You can find the thread under the title of "Banned For Character Name".

With the name banned I was given a three hour ban, and was told that if this is the first time I had been banned for a name I could send an in-game ticket with any other names, and they would be reviewed, then changed accordingly if they violated the ToS. The answer is yes, I do have other bad names, but unfortunately I had just recalled nearly six years ago I was given a name change for a similar issue with naming.

My question is, if I send in a ticket asking for my names to be changed, could I be getting myself banned considering this would be my second strike for this issue, even though it was roughly six years ago? Or will Blizzard have a heart in this matter, and allow me to pass through considering how long it has been since the first incident happened? Thank you for reading!
    Whoever wrote you the message would have had access to your records to help them decide how to approach it, so there's three possibilities here. A) They decided that the mark was long enough ago that it didn't warrant additional measures. B) The mark has already been purged from your record. C) The three hour ban was what you got for having two strikes, and you've already gotten that so they're not going to pile more penalties on top of that.

The message explicitly gave you a grace period where if you just 'fess up they won't take action. It kind-of-sort-of depends on which GM receives your list, but really, with it in writing and everything, you're probably good.