Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    That's a more extreme example. But still, yes. If they can't get it to work with all GPUs, that doesn't mean they should just throw away the game and not release it if it worked fine on others. But that isn't accurate. The parallel to a game working on Nvidia but not AMD is more like working on XBox but not Playstation. A more accurate comparison would be to a game struggling on a 1060 but keeping up with a 1080.
    I mean...I'm struggling to figure out why you're not holding CDPR accountable for their own actions here. They spent years talking up the game, including the PS4/Xbox One versions. They were talking those versions up in terms of their quality in the months leading into the release of the game. They intentionally withheld those versions from press/influencers leading into launch to prevent what they knew would be a huge backlash against the absolute garbage-tier quality of those releases, that make them look and run more like a PS3/360 game than anything released since the start of the current generation.

And they've admitting that they didn't put any effort into those ports and apologized, promising to improve the quality to the standards they told us that they were supposed to be at.

Even they've admitted this is all their fault. Why others can't jump on that train is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Actually I don't know if that's the case. I mean, I'm not in game development so I wouldn't know, but I would guess that coding issues run a bit deeper and are very time consuming?
    Like, they fix cars dropping on you, then some NPC's pants disappear when a traffic light goes green. Do you get me?
    Nah, I don't think the PC version specifically is in that poor state. Console and PC version or rather the vision of CP2077 it seems like some things didn't end up being a thing(Wall running is one of those things and I guess it was too hard to balance then actually coding that thing). There's the backstories being changed into Life paths. I don't know about that but if it was meant to be more I guess it was too ambitious I guess? No acid rain(I guess it was mentioned but I don't see that as some big feature). Something about a Subway but not exactly rideable either. Police corruption and npcs reacting to you killing innocent civillians although they sorta do that kinda already but its nothing in depth so far from what I've seen.

Vehicle customzation seemed to got scrapped but we sorta knew that in 2020(E3). Tailored advertisements for the Player character( V ). Hacking had more to it then what it is to. Some third person cutscenes I guess. After all that I guess they really wanted to go ham on this project but....as you can see while still for what it is good, they seemed to think they could go nuts.

P.S. I still like and enjoy the game but... they might of gotten a bit to crazy with what their original vision for it was.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They took a month that was supposedly dedicate to optimizing old consoles. Did they just sit on their asses the whole time? I highly doubt they would do that and then not use that time. Either it couldn't be done and they really tried, or CDPR is incompetent and doesn't have the technical abilities as game developers to do the optimization. And call me an optimist, but I believe the former.
    So your calling the CEO who said on a investor call they didn't put much effort into optimization for last gen a lier?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Who is being denied what? What are you talking about? This is just criticism of CDPR for releasing an absolutely garbage version of the game and spending years misleading consumers about it.

It literally is. If baseline PS4 can't handle it and they can't be bothered to get it looking like more than a PS3 game, they should have skipped it. This is straight up defending garbage and anti-consumer behavior from a company.

How mad would you be if they released it on PC and it straight up didn't work at all with AMD CPU/GPU's? Like, only Intel/Nvidia would run well, AMD would struggle to reach 20fps even if you're overclocking the top-end hardware. Would that be acceptable because at least Intel/Nvidia people could enjoy the game?
    Stop this nonsense please.

This is a ps4, ps4 pro gameplay analysis with fps from both consoles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5pHpQqhmR4

This guy tested how it would be to play with the PC MINIMUM specs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9PW6DpwNDo

Too long to care version below,

Both pc minimum specs and base ps4 get virtually the same FPS and image quality.

BTW, PC minimum specs in terms of hardware is around 25% superior to base PS4 hardware.

So even the fact that people claim it isn't optimized is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Even the CEO?

That's the part you people are not getting. The fucken CEO Adam Kicinsk admitted to not putting much effort into making the game optimized and yet here you are still defending it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    More like a few months then a year if we go by how PCs are handling it, the game is feature complete.

Probably cause that is waht happened, there was an article going around that seemed to imply a lot of features ended up not making it.
    That would make a lot of sense. For a list of personal disappointments I'd go with;

-The wanted system. Much cyber-ink has been spilled on it, but it's a broken mess, the worst of its type I've seen in any video game.

-Cyberware. The first scene with Vik at least makes it seem like enhancements will be a core part of your progression (both in story and gameplay) with lavish cutscenes detailing the process. Instead most are fairly boring upgrades with a few game-changers that you obtain and swap on the go.

-No moving up in the world, that apartment in a shitty neighborhood will be your base from hour 1 of the game to the end when you're otherwise decked out in gear worth hundreds of thousands and driving a not-Bugatti. I'm not asking for a full housing and furniture system, but jeez even AA games like Sleeping Dogs had the protagonist move upwards.

-Speaking of not-Bugattis, the driving, everything about it. The cars aren't that cool except for like 3 of them (1 of which is cool IRL and 2 of which are heavily inspired by cool IRL ones anyway), they're heavily gated by street cred and high prices, they sound meh, they drive badly, and you can't customize them at all. Again, not asking for Forza here, just at least some customization options and perhaps gadgets.

-Quest design is meh. So far the quest with the most amount of choices and options is the first real one in the game, where you obtain the Flathead. You can just barge in guns blazing or have the deal go south or negotiate in good faith, and I could skip the boss fight by killing Royce in dialog myself, that was pretty good. But every subsequent quest is either completely linear or has two paths that don't differ that much. TW3 had more player agency, and that was a game with a set protagonist, not a customizable character.

And finally, minor I know at the end of the day but no ability to change your appearance at all. Yes, it's a first person game, but you see yourself in the inventory screen and anyway, I still want my hair to look good IRL even if I can never see it with my own eyes.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean...I'm struggling to figure out why you're not holding CDPR accountable for their own actions here. They spent years talking up the game, including the PS4/Xbox One versions. They were talking those versions up in terms of their quality in the months leading into the release of the game. They intentionally withheld those versions from press/influencers leading into launch to prevent what they knew would be a huge backlash against the absolute garbage-tier quality of those releases, that make them look and run more like a PS3/360 game than anything released since the start of the current generation.

And they've admitting that they didn't put any effort into those ports and apologized, promising to improve the quality to the standards they told us that they were supposed to be at.

Even they've admitted this is all their fault. Why others can't jump on that train is beyond me.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I think their marketing sucked balls. The fact that they didn't show the base versions and lying about them, that I agree was horrible. I also feel like they sold the game as more open ended an less linear than it was, but that's a different story and I don't wanna complain there, because while it wasn't what was sold, it WAS still a fantastic story.

What I don't feel like we should blame them for is the fact that the performance on consoles sucks in the first place. They tried. I don't think any other dev could have made a better port on those consoles, it was destined for failure. I don't want people to think Cyberpunk is a bad game, it's just bad hardware.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Even the CEO?

That's the part you people are not getting. The fucken CEO Adam Kicinsk admitted to not putting much effort into making the game optimized and yet here you are still defending it.
    When something fails, a tactful person always admits they could have done better. Because you always could have done better. This game could have been delayed month after month, but whenever they release it they still could have done better.

Even the CEO?

The effort they put was more than enough for it to be fair like the videos I provided showed

Considering all the backlash from console groupies like you that refuse to admit their console is actually a box of hardware and not a magical box from LaLaLand it would be foolish of him not to release a statement like that

Doesn't change the fact that the ps4 version is as playable as pc minimum specs. Considering the ps4 is the bottom of the barrel in the playstation environment I don't quite grasp what's your problem with the performance.

They tried.
    No they didn't, the CEO literally admitted he didn't. Like holy fucken shit, I hope you didn't hurt your back defending them like this.

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-cont...nscript_en.pdf
    CD Projekt Red had a conference call few hours ago where they admit that they didn't spend enough time on the last-gen versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and assume that Sony and Microsoft expected them to fix the problems before launch
    Not only did they lie to fans they lied to Sony and Microsoft and that's the only reason it passed certification. A month before its release he even said the game was running great on last gen.

Like seriously stop defending this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop this nonsense please.

This is a ps4, ps4 pro gameplay analysis with fps from both consoles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5pHpQqhmR4

This guy tested how it would be to play with the PC MINIMUM specs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9PW6DpwNDo

Too long to care version below,

Both pc minimum specs and base ps4 get virtually the same FPS and image quality.

BTW, PC minimum specs in terms of hardware is around 25% superior to base PS4 hardware.

Seeing people complain about graphics quality and FPS is like eating a half-cooked Hot Pocket while listenting to someone complain about getting a medium-rare steak instead of rare. I wish all these people would band together and appreciate that 30 FPS and 60 FPS and everything in between doesn't matter, a functional game that loads as fast you can drive a car is.

The effort they put was more than enough for it to be fair like the videos I provided showed

Considering all the backlash from console groupies like you that refuse to admit their console is actually a box of hardware and not a magical box from LaLaLand it would be foolish of him not to release a statement like that
    You can't compare a console to a PC this has been explained to you.

Go run RDR2 on a system with the same specs as a PS4 and I promise you won't even get past the start screen. Its because consoles can be pushed to a limit that PC's of equal hardware can't due to having so much overhead.

You can't compare a console to a PC this has been explained to you.

Go run RDR2 on a system with the same specs as a PS4 and I promise you won't even get past the start screen. Its because consoles can be pushed to a limit that PC's of equal hardware can't due to having so much overhead.
    That's why the ps4 version runs better than a pc with minimum specs even though the minimum specs pc is 25%~better in terms of hardware you silly

Oh don't get me wrong, I think their marketing sucked balls. The fact that they didn't show the base versions and lying about them, that I agree was horrible. I also feel like they sold the game as more open ended an less linear than it was, but that's a different story and I don't wanna complain there, because while it wasn't what was sold, it WAS still a fantastic story.

What I don't feel like we should blame them for is the fact that the performance on consoles sucks in the first place. They tried. I don't think any other dev could have made a better port on those consoles, it was destined for failure. I don't want people to think Cyberpunk is a bad game, it's just bad hardware.

- - - Updated - - -

When something fails, a tactful person always admits they could have done better. Because you always could have done better. This game could have been delayed month after month, but whenever they release it they still could have done better.
    Yeah, I was lucky I guess in that I hated Witcher and ignored this game completely until it came out. Just playing it with no expectations, it's fantastic (to be fair I'm playing it on PC - totally get console players' frustration). Businesses need to stop shooting themselves in the foot by announcing features before they've made any progress whatsoever or straight up lying about their depth, but I guess it's a balance between marketing, attracting/sustaining investors, and what you can actually accomplish with the time given.

Nah, I don't think the PC version specifically is in that poor state. Console and PC version or rather the vision of CP2077 it seems like some things didn't end up being a thing(Wall running is one of those things and I guess it was too hard to balance then actually coding that thing). There's the backstories being changed into Life paths. I don't know about that but if it was meant to be more I guess it was too ambitious I guess? No acid rain(I guess it was mentioned but I don't see that as some big feature). Something about a Subway but not exactly rideable either. Police corruption and npcs reacting to you killing innocent civillians although they sorta do that kinda already but its nothing in depth so far from what I've seen.

Vehicle customzation seemed to got scrapped but we sorta knew that in 2020(E3). Tailored advertisements for the Player character( V ). Hacking had more to it then what it is to. Some third person cutscenes I guess. After all that I guess they really wanted to go ham on this project but....as you can see while still for what it is good, they seemed to think they could go nuts.

P.S. I still like and enjoy the game but... they might of gotten a bit to crazy with what their original vision for it was.
    I don't know, I'm more talking like, adding traffic AI, giving NPCs schedules, fixing the cop spawning issues, fixing AI overall, adding basic things like removing helmets, gear, customisation. I don't think the game is ready even without the bugs is what I'm trying to say. I know they took an executive decision and cut some stuff but it's not really acceptable for a game of this calibre to show up like this to the party.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Why don't you want people to think that cyberpunk 2077, a bad game, is indeed a bad game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I'm more talking like, adding traffic AI, giving NPCs schedules, fixing the cop spawning issues, fixing AI overall, adding basic things like removing helmets, gear, customisation. I don't think the game is ready even without the bugs is what I'm trying to say. I know they took an executive decision and cut some stuff but it's not really acceptable for a game of this calibre to show up like this to the party.

I just don't believe the idea the game wasn't ready(Even if the game ran well on almost everything). Features are cut often and it happened. There are some smaller ones that are no brainer as you said(Display helm option and changing appearence/haircut if you want since well....come on) but.. I think you must of seen a different game completely.

Why don't you want people to think that cyberpunk 2077, a bad game, is indeed a bad game?
    Because for what it is, its a good game and enjoyable. When its not buggy or has bad optimization. Look you don't have to like it whatever I think thats crazy but you do you, but if someone likes it let them be. Be more annoyed at the company for doing more then they could and well lying to Sony and Microsoft about the state of the console version of the game.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-12-17 at 07:52 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Speak for yourself, I'm having a blast.

I just don't believe the idea the game wasn't ready
    Every single reviewer out there says the game wasn't ready. You're entitled to your opinion, but it's incorrect.

Edit:
    Core of the game is good, but it really needed a lot more time in the oven.

I just don't believe the idea the game wasn't ready(Even if the game ran well on almost everything). Features are cut often and it happened. There are some smaller ones that are no brainer as you said(Display helm option and changing appearence/haircut if you want since well....come on) but.. I think you must of seen a different game completely.

Because for what it is, its a good game and enjoyable. When its not buggy or has bad optimization. Look you don't have to like it whatever I think thats crazy but you do you, but if someone likes it let them be. Be more annoyed at the company for doing more then they could and well lying to Sony and Microsoft about the state of the console version of the game.
    It's a matter of taste, but personally, a game that shows up and has NPCs dumber than games that came out 15 years ago, cops spawning behind you, stuff disappearing as you turn your head, in 2020 isn't a good game. It could be if the story is like, legendary good levels. Which let's face it, it isn't. You might like it or not, but you can't say the story is top quality.

https://www.quartertothree.com/fp/20...yberpunk-2077/

This one says it better than I ever could

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Speak for yourself, I'm having a blast.
    Some people like Fast and Furious too. It doesn't make it a good movie.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Every single reviewer out there says the game wasn't ready. You're entitled to your opinion, but it's incorrect.

Edit:
    Core of the game is good, but it really needed a lot more time in the oven.
    For sure PS4/Xboxthatolderone version should be delayed or maybe even scrapped. On PC there are bugs too, but I doubt it would damage their reputation, people are not surprised big open RPGs have lot of bugs.

One good thing that CDPR finally got humility lesson. Some players treated them like new gaming messiah and they started to believe in it ("we leave greed to others" is cringe as hell).

Some people like Fast and Furious too. It doesn't make it a good movie.
    Yeah, yeah, and of course you decide what is good and what is not, totally-not-person-with-agenda.

I just don't believe the idea the game wasn't ready
    https://opencritic.com/game/8525/cyberpunk-2077

It wasn't ready. Hence why they only gave early review copies to the people they trusted to give a good review, and required they play it on a 3000 series GPU. The opencritic score was a 92 when the review embargo was lifted. It has tanked all the way to an 81 after every reviewer got access to the game and not just 20 of the largest publications playing on 3080s and 3090s.