Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I actually half-expected her death to have been faked as part of a side-plot. But no. They just up and threw away what I thought was a good beginning to developing her character.

I know CDPR spent a long time developing this game, but parts of it still REALLY felt rushed or cut to save time.
    Yeah, I did not even register that noise she made as death, I assumed she got thrown out of the net or something. Later in the quest when they mention she is dead I was like "Huh? Come again?..".

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    My female V (voice and body) shot down the detective guy strait choice and hooked up with Judy (lesbian).

So he is just strait up wrong.

Presumably the requirements are female body / female voice for Judy
    Female body for River
    Male body for Panam
    Male body / Male voice for Kenny

So if you mix male/female body/voice you have 1 option, else you have 2.
    I see, so the straight options are also the trans options. Makes "sense" I guess. I wonder how many people even bothered to try it, since I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    Yeah, I did not even register that noise she made as death, I assumed she got thrown out of the net or something. Later in the quest when they mention she is dead I was like "Huh? Come again?..".
    Same. I only realized it after my V blew up on Jackie with one of the dialogue options.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I see, so the straight options are also the trans options. Makes "sense" I guess. I wonder how many people even bothered to try it, since I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Same. I only realized it after my V blew up on Jackie with one of the dialogue options.
    I've seen some posts on Reddit about it and it doesn't seem to be much different, to be honest. It's just how they programmed the relationship options. Which is fine.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    My female V (voice and body) shot down the detective guy strait choice and hooked up with Judy (lesbian).

So he is just strait up wrong.

Presumably the requirements are female body / female voice for Judy
    Female body for River
    Male body for Panam
    Male body / Male voice for Kenny

So if you mix male/female body/voice you have 1 option, else you have 2.
    Good to know - I read the summary elsewhere and had heard it echoed a few times (each combination gets one choice). My bad. Though the overall point was "every combination DOES get an interest" (as the original question was there were combos that didn't have any.) I still don't agree with voice being deciding factor of anything, but at least some options get 2 choices heh.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

No next (current) gen update until the 2nd half of the year, Whelp I guess my copy will collect dust.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No next (current) gen update until the 2nd half of the year, Whelp I guess my copy will collect dust.
    How can it collect dust if you refunded it?

If it was Sony (I got a digital PS4 copy) its best to just talk to their support chat. I waited weeks and just 10min's with support got it done.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Boy that video...

"We were technically ambitious and missed the mark and it hamstrung us." - Smart
    "We wanted to focus on PC first and then scale down." - Didn't they literally say they were doing all three platforms simultaneously like, multiple times?
    "Our streaming engine needed a lot of work on consoles" - Which is why you design around min-spec and scale up, not high-spec and scale down.
    "Our testing didn't show a big part of the issues you experience when playing the game." - Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. If QA missed all this, if their team missed all this, they're literally blind. Also, they withheld the console version from reviewers because they knew it was dogshit.
    "We hoped our Day 0 patch would be a Jesus patch, even under covid, and it wasn't." - Yeah...no shit, literally anyone could have told you it wouldn't be.

And the next-gen version is pushed to the second half of the year? Things must be more of a mess across the board than I thought.

I mean, I'm glad he placed blame on himself and the leadership, rather than the devs but...

F to Doubt on a lot of the other shit.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How can it collect dust if you refunded it?
    I own a physical copy.

Grabbed the digital because the shipping on my physical was delayed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, I'm glad he placed blame on himself and the leadership, rather than the devs but...

Ya this is how I feel about it as well.

It was a lot of usual PR on top of saying hey fix's are being delayed but are happening. Like I've been saying the game should have got delayed a year.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-01-13 at 10:16 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

A lot of BS excuses.

Even if patched they more then likely still won't fix all the missing content they wanted to add in the game, seems like it's just mostly a Stability update. This game needed more then a year.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2021-01-13 at 10:23 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

And the next-gen version is pushed to the second half of the year? Things must be more of a mess across the board than I thought.
    Because their console coding is an absolute shit show and as much as some die hard fans want to blame old consoles it's not their fault. Every other developer as large as CDPR has been able to put out native next gen versions just by porting the last gen code over and adding advanced graphical features on top of it. the fact they can't do this for Cyberpunk shows exactly how shitty their last gen code is. Ubisoft literally ported not 1, not 2 but 3 open world games into native next gen versions this year but it's so hard for Cyberpunk wonder why... lmao

Insomniac managed a cross gen Spider-Man game that has ray tracing at 60 fps even all while developing another next gen exclusive in Rifts Apart as well. It's so hard though guys, give the small indy company CDPR a break!
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-01-13 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Because their console coding is an absolute shit show and as much as some die hard fans want to blame old consoles it's not their fault. Every other developer as large as CDPR has been able to put out native next gen versions just by porting the last gen code over and adding advanced graphical features on top of it. the fact they can't do this for Cyberpunk shows exactly how shitty their last gen code is. Ubisoft literally ported not 1, not 2 but 3 open world games into native next gen versions this year but it's so hard for Cyberpunk wonder why... lmao

Insomniac managed a cross gen Spider-Man game that has ray tracing at 60 fps even all while developing another next gen exclusive in Rifts Apart as well. It's so hard though guys, give the small indy company CDPR a break!
    I do believe Jedi Fallen Order just got a current gen update as well. Also Maneater from the makers of Killing Floor also got a current gen version recently.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-01-13 at 10:21 PM.

I do believe Jedi Fallen Order just got a current gen update as well. Also Man Eater from the makers of Killing Floor also got a current gen version recently.
    Maneater, burnout, DMC, CoD, all sports games yea etc etc. If their last gen coding wasn't dog shit porting it to PS5/Series X would be quite simple because these systems use the same API as their last gen counterparts they are quite easy to port between.

Yeah, it seems pretty obvious despite a long production period that the game desperately needed more time and that what they put together seems largely held together by duct tape and baling wire. Seeing people compare what appears to be the copy/pasted NPC "AI" from W3 to CP2077 was pretty amusing.

Things would be so much better if developers didn't have to consider consoles for financial viability.

Boy that video...

"We were technically ambitious and missed the mark and it hamstrung us." - Smart
    "We wanted to focus on PC first and then scale down." - Didn't they literally say they were doing all three platforms simultaneously like, multiple times?
    "Our streaming engine needed a lot of work on consoles" - Which is why you design around min-spec and scale up, not high-spec and scale down.
    "Our testing didn't show a big part of the issues you experience when playing the game." - Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. If QA missed all this, if their team missed all this, they're literally blind. Also, they withheld the console version from reviewers because they knew it was dogshit.
    "We hoped our Day 0 patch would be a Jesus patch, even under covid, and it wasn't." - Yeah...no shit, literally anyone could have told you it wouldn't be.

I'll add couple.

"Despite good PC reviews the console version didn't meet the quality standards we wanted it to meet"

That's like implication they are happy with the quality standard of the utterly bugged PC version

"We never ever intended anything like this to happen"

I'm sure they didn't want it to happen but they sure as hell they had to know it is going to happen, so questionable intent in best case.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Things would be so much better if developers didn't have to consider consoles for financial viability.
    Things would be so much better if management didn't make developers crunch and rush out a product.

Meanwhile no other AAA developer managed to release a game this broken or shit on last gen consoles in 2020... So things would be better for who? The shitty company that releases a clearly unfinished game(even on PC this is true)? I guess Bethesda and CDPR would sign up for it, nobody else seems to have issues with it though.

Things would be so much better if management didn't make developers crunch and rush out a product.
    Well, to a degree.

Meanwhile no other AAA developer managed to release a game this broken or shit on last gen consoles in 2020... So things would be better for who? The shitty company that releases a clearly unfinished game(even on PC this is true)? I guess Bethesda and CDPR would sign up for it, nobody else seems to have issues with it though.
    Better for Cyberpunk 2077, PC gamers, and CDPR. Of course. This is the CP2077 thread.

i doubt, no console no financing from sony and ms
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

10+ Year Old Account
    even if they didn't crunch if it was gonna be managed badly it wouldn't matter. Just more appreciative workers(And well I'm still behind that).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi