Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Troosevelt View Post
    I don't think I can comprehend the preference of third over first person. Is this a condition brought about by exclusive console playing?
    I've litteraly play PC games most of the time, and only reason i even got a console was becasue of a handful of exclusives. vast majority of rpg's that i've been playing since.. oh.. the 1990ties? are in THIRD. PERSON. PERSPECTIVE.

its not about some weird projecting about masturbation or other nonsense.

its literally more immersive to have a field of view afforded by a third person. maybe its from playing tabletop and seeing your minis on the table. maybe its from all those isometric games. maybe its becasue first person view doesn't look like actualy looking through your own eyes look like. maybe its some or all of the above.

but for the love of all that is holy, even if you personaly cannot relate, why in a gods green earth is it so freaking hard to accept that not everyone likes things the way that you do??? and its not for some imagined by you ridiculous, dumb reasons?
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2019-10-01 at 11:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, I don't understand the people who seem to think they are being personally attacked because some other people they have never and will never meet prefer a slightly different style of video game presentation to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    At the end of the day this game is FIRST person there's 2 things you can do, Play it deal with it and stfu or Don't play it either way people who will play the game will not care about your opinion.
    You appear to care a great deal.

And again, I wonder why some people seem to get so upset simply because a few people are simply saying things along the lines of "This game look like it could be amazing, I just think I would be more excited if it were a third person game and not first person." If the tables were turned and this was going to a third person game and someone posted that they wished it were going to be in first person, I really don't think I would care at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not upset I just find it's getting tiresome in this day and age where a small group of people find something if anything the smallest thing to bitch and whine about because it doesn't sit well with them and they seem to think other people will really care about their problems.
    I have seen far, far more people in this thread bitching about others saying they prefer 3rd person over 1st than anyone actually complaining about the fact it isn't in 3rd person. Stating an opinion about a preference for 3rd person games is not bitching and if you don't care about other people's "problems" why are you constantly responding and complaining about anyone who has an opinion different that yours?

It's a drawing I did when I was a teenager and I was quite proud of it, also I'm a woman I don't do the chronic masturbation I play games for their stories these days.
    You do know being a woman and being a chronic masturbator are not exclusive? A few of my ex’s had a stupid high sex drive but I just couldn’t keep up.

But on topic, I am happy that cyberpunk is going full first person. I love it when games do this, as long as I get to see my feet if I look down I will be happy. It’s kind of an immersion breaker for me if it doesn’t but not a deal breaker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I've litteraly play PC games most of the time, and only reason i even got a console was becasue of a handful of exclusives. vast majority of rpg's that i've been playing since.. oh.. the 1990ties? are in THIRD. PERSON. PERSPECTIVE.

its not about some weird projecting about masturbation or other nonsense.

its literally more immersive to have a field of view afforded by a third person. maybe its from playing tabletop and seeing your minis on the table. maybe its from all those isometric games. maybe its becasue first person view doesn't look like actualy looking through your own eyes look like. maybe its some or all of the above.

but for the love of all that is holy, even if you personaly cannot relate, why in a gods green earth is it so freaking hard to accept that not everyone likes things the way that you do??? and its not for some imagined by you ridiculous, dumb reasons?
    Wait, being able to see yourself in a 3rd person perspective is more immersive? I am nearly 40 and I have never heard that before in my life....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdAralon View Post
    Wait, being able to see yourself in a 3rd person perspective is more immersive? I am nearly 40 and I have never heard that before in my life....
    For some, yep. Immersion is not a universal thing and what may work for one person won't for another. I think it has to do with how you play games. If when you are playing an RPG, you think of it as you actually in the game world as yourself personally and how you would react or any situation then I would think 1st person would be the most immersive. However, if you are like me and when you play an RPG, you think of it as you simply watching and guiding a character and how said character would react to any given situation then 3rd person may be more immersive. I know it is for me. Also, when I play a game I like to be able to really see the game world and 3rd person will always allow you to see more of the world at any given time then 1st person will.

At the end of the day this game is FIRST person there's 2 things you can do, Play it deal with it and stfu or Don't play it either way people who will play the game will not care about your opinion.
    you know you don't have to read it or look at it or listen to it, right? you are the one bound and determined to insult us for "gasp" having a preference and expressing disappointment that the game we were looking forward to, from a developer that up until this point made RPG's that were played in THIRD PERSON.. have chosen to go a different route. its absolutely fascinating to me how much you care and how defensive YOU are getting about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Troosevelt View Post
    Handy for strategy? Yes. Immersive? How? I literally just don't understand it, and it hasn't been explained. I understand its how you feel, I just don't know why you feel that way, and I've never heard anyone express that opinion before. It feels like you think its an obvious answer, so you're not even trying to explain it, but it isn't.

(I'm accustomed to, doesn't mean immersion)
    I've tried to explain it a few times. why first person doesn't work for me, and why third person does. everything from association with tabletop, to peripheral vision which feels far more immersive to me, to see more of the world around my character as well as the character itself - because i'm roleplaying them, rather then pretending to be me inside the world. and even if I were pretending to be me, over the shoulder view feels closer to my actual experience, then equivalent of having a narrow camera so in front of my face that then only thing I see is my hands.

I get it it doesn't feel immersive for you, and that is the thing... if your experience is different, you may not ever understand why for us it feels better and more immersive, becasue our reasons absolutely do not apply to you. you do not see or feel the same way.

but seriously. look down just a tiny bit at yourself. you can pretty much see your entire body. turn your head slightly - and you can see your shoulders and arms. even as you are looking straight ahead, you can see stuff on the side, on periphery, its almost a rounded panoramic view. you get NONE of that with a video game first person. its like looking through a flat small window for me. regardless of whether third person feels more or less or not at all immersive - firs person for me doesn't feel immersive at all. so third person would win on that alone even if i didn't have all the other reasons.

P.S. even in this thread there are many of us who prefer third person and find it more immersive, so you can now safely say that you have heard this opinion more then once, rather then never.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    For some, yep. Immersion is not a universal thing and what may work for one person won't for another. I think it has to do with how you play games. If when you are playing an RPG, you think of it as you actually in the game world as yourself personally and how you would react or any situation then I would think 1st person would be the most immersive. However, if you are like me and when you play an RPG, you think of it as you simply watching and guiding a character and how said character would react to any given situation then 3rd person may be more immersive. I know it is for me. Also, when I play a game I like to be able to really see the game world and 3rd person will always allow you to see more of the world at any given time then 1st person will.
    all of this. plus all the personal issues i have with first person, but basicaly all of this. role playing games are an opportunity for me to step into the shoes of someone who is NOT me and try to figure out how they would act, based on the kind of person they are. its a bit like writing, but within the more set framework of the world. honestly - i keep coming back to tabletop, but even before I started actively playing DnD, I've roleplayed the way I would in tabletop. could be also becasue before I got into rpg's, I played a lot of adventure games, old school ones with small avatar you move around the screen to click on promts and figure out puzzles (and before that I've been a voracious reader since, gosh.. I was 6 years old give or take.. and still am). they get you into a mindset of a character that is not you, and it immerses you into someone else's story

7+ Year Old Account
    Got to love how some people get so pissed just because some others say they like 3rd person more. I think the game looks great but i wish it was in 3rd person. I guess that's me saying the game is the worst thing ever, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Got to love how some people get so pissed just because some others say they like 3rd person more. I think the game looks great but i wish it was in 3rd person. I guess that's me saying the game is the worst thing ever, right?
    of course it is! it also means you are hounding and stalking and threatening developers and demanding that they change it to third person RIGHT NAO!!!!! /sarcasm in case it wasn't obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Especially considering how CDPR's fanbase is mostly built of Witcher players and all of those games were third person.

And I loved those games and they have a male lead so CLEARLY I want to fuck him, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Especially considering how CDPR's fanbase is mostly built of Witcher players and all of those games were third person.

And I loved those games and they have a male lead so CLEARLY I want to fuck him, right?
    ya a lot of people can't take it when you say anything bad about something they like.

If i said i didn't like witcher 3 all that much that means i'm calling them a cuck bitch or something.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

Pretty sure people are fans of Witcher because of world building and writing, not because they where 3rd person games. In fact with CDPRs inability to make compelling 3rd person gameplay it doesn't surprise me at all they went to first person for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Pretty sure people are fans of Witcher because of world building and writing, not because they where 3rd person games. In fact with CDPRs inability to make compelling 3rd person gameplay it doesn't surprise me at all they went to first person for this game.
    I must have missed the part where I said people were fans of Witcher solely because of its gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    If The Witcher had been first person, I probably never would have played it. I still have never touched Skyrim for that very reason. The only reason I am still interested in Cyberpunk is because I am a much bigger fan of Sci-Fi over Fantasy and since I did play The Witcher 3, I know CD Project knows how to tell a compelling story in video game form.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdAralon View Post
    It was for me in Witcher 3. The fact that I could see what the main character looked like and watch how he whirled around while engaged in combat made me feel more "there" than swinging a sword 1st person in Skyrim ever did. Maybe the word "engaged in" is better than "immersive," but I think we're talking about the same thing there. I can't even imagine what that kind of combat would look like in 1st person other than a vomit-inducing ride.

Personally, I prefer 3rd person. I find it more "engaging" or whatever word you'd like to use. However, as long as the story is solid, 1st person is certainly not going to stop me from playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    If The Witcher had been first person, I probably never would have played it.
    Doubtful seems like you're just trying to play contrarian because...

I still have never touched Skyrim for that very reason.
    Skyrim can be played in 3rd person so... Pretty sure you where just trying to pull a gacha moment on me but sorry didn't work.

The only reason I am still interested in Cyberpunk is because I am a much bigger fan of Sci-Fi over Fantasy and since I did play The Witcher 3, I know CD Project knows how to tell a compelling story in video game form.
    Yes, and the perspective of the game has nothing to do with the strengths of the studio like I said. In fact it might actually help them because their 3rd person gameplay is in fact, shit.

I'm fairly certain that there is a 3rd option: mention your preference on public forums where discussion is meant to be had with the possibility that enough voices may carry that message back to the developers, causing a materialization of your preferred option. I'm sure there are more than just 3 "things you can do," but this one in particular seemed apt.

Also, is attempting to deride someone by calling them "kiddos" the best way to mark your position as a reasoned and mature one?

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    I'm fairly certain that there is a 3rd option: mention your preference on public forums where discussion is meant to be had with the possibility that enough voices may carry that message back to the developers, causing a materialization of your preferred option. I'm sure there are more than just 3 "things you can do," but this one in particular seemed apt.

Also, is attempting to deride someone by calling them "kiddos" the best way to mark your position as a reasoned and mature one?
    lol, pretty sure CDPR isn't going to mmo-champ for advice nor is something so vital about the game going to be changed this close to release.

CDPR has their own forums and their own social media pages if you actually want to actually communicate to the dev team. They aren't reading this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a drawing I did when I was a teenager and I was quite proud of it, also I'm a woman I don't do the chronic masturbation I play games for their stories these days.
    Youre missing out

lol, pretty sure CDPR isn't going to mmo-champ for advice nor is something so vital about the game going to be changed this close to release.

CDPR has their own forums and their own social media pages if you actually want to actually communicate to the dev team. They aren't reading this thread.
    Game devs frequent all kinds of forums as they are also almost always players of other games. Additionally, ideas transcend the areas where they start. For example... if a lot of people post here about liking 3rd person... people go from here and post other places, "yeah, a lot of people are complaining about a lack of third person..." Ideas migrate like that.

In the end, however, that wasn't my main point. My main point was that this is a place specifically created to discuss what we enjoy and what we don't when it comes to games, so trying to shut people up seems at odds with the actual reason for this forum's existence.