Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I don't know, that's not really that bad. These guys are screaming bloody murder over a framerate that's perfectly playable.
    You clearly didn't watch the video if you think 15fps is perfectly playable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    Am I the only one who is getting headaches from all the information overload? Way too much shit going on the screen at the same time.
    Ya it suffers from the same thing ubisoft games do, Just a ton of shit on the map at once.

- - - Updated - - -

So more cyberpunk news, good news for the dev's who was crunched to death.

CD Projekt Changes Developer Bonus Structure After Buggy Release
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-buggy-release

Executives at Polish video game publisher CD Projekt SA took responsibility for the buggy release of the highly-anticipated title Cyberpunk 2077 this week, telling staff on Friday in an email obtained by Bloomberg that they will receive their full bonuses no matter how the game is reviewed. Previously, CD Projekt developers were told they would receive extra pay based on the game’s critical performance.

Cyberpunk 2077, which came out Thursday, is one of the year’s biggest games and a monumental release for the Polish publisher, which only makes new titles every few years. The sci-fi role-playing game sold more than 8 million copies in pre-orders before launch and has been acclaimed for its mechanics and story, but slammed for the number of glitches and bugs. As of Friday, Cyberpunk 2077 had a 90 out of 100 on the review aggregation website Metacritic -- a strong score that has nonetheless disappointed shareholders. If that score dips below 90, it may no longer meet the threshold that CD Projekt had originally set for bonus payouts.

A representative for CD Projekt did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The bonus system CD Projekt used for developers working on Cyberpunk 2077 was complicated. Every month, team leaders at the company gave out tokens styled after the studio’s logo, a red bird, to members of their team they felt deserved honors, according to three current and former employees. Those tokens would have then been transferred into bonuses if the game met certain criteria, like critical acclaim and a timely release. Under the new system, those payouts will be guaranteed even though Cyberpunk 2077 was delayed and the review score has been mixed. This performance bonus comes on top of regular annual profit-sharing payouts.

Although the structure will reward some employees financially, there has been concern that it pushed them to work longer hours. In September, Bloomberg reported that developers at CD Projekt had been working excessive overtime, or crunch, on and off since 2018. The company asked all of its staff to work six-day workweeks in the months leading up to release. Developers who are critical of the bonus system have said that it implicitly encourages employees to put in nights and weekends to show that they’re working the hardest.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You clearly didn't watch the video if you think 15fps is perfectly playable.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya it suffers from the same thing ubisoft games do, Just a ton of shit on the map at once.
    Its a next gen game not really designed to be used on a 7 year old console when even back then it was outdated tech, ps4 pro plays the game more than fine but the game is for the new gen consoles and it would impossible to make it play well on it at all especially when they released it on several platforms all at once, probably would of been better to just have a PC launch with only next gen consoles having access to it.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its a next gen game not really designed to be used on a 7 year old console.
    Seriously fuck this argument.

They released it on PS4/XB1 if they couldn't get it to run on there then it shouldn't have released on it. Also if the game was "Next Gen" it wouldn't need to hide loading screens while on PS5/XSX. The game was in development before the PS4 even came out.

Stop defending broken games ffs.

ps4 pro plays the game more than fine
    18fps isn't more than fine.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

They released it on PS4/XB1 if they couldn't get it to run on there then it shouldn't have released on it. Also if the game was "Next Gen" it wouldn't need to hide loading screens while on PS5/XSX. The game was in development before the PS4 even came out.

Since the delay was to get it working on Xbone and Ps4.... what the hell did it look like BEFORE the delay????

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Since the delay was to get it working on Xbone and Ps4.... what the hell did it look like BEFORE the delay????
    I got a physical copy of it, I may get bored and pop it in sometime just to see how bad it is unpatched.

I got a physical copy of it, I may get bored and pop it in sometime just to see how bad it is unpatched.
    hope you liked slideshows in school :P

It's not "broken", but it's certainly at a Bethesda level of bugginess. It's sad that there are gamebreaking bugs based on hardware issues (but really? If your CPU doesn't have AVX it might as well be single core) and issues plaguing console releases, but the worst I've had so far is a bug where I mounted the curb in my car and the front bounced up nearly 90 degrees and catapulted a bystander into the air.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

I mean, you could play lots of games on old or out-of-date hardware. That doesn't make it good or ideal, of course. But one is deciding to engage in a lesser experience on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    hope you liked slideshows in school :P
    Aaaaaa memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    okay... sorry you didn't like Witcher? You want a cookie?
    I loved the Witcher. Such awesome chickatees in that game.

I feel like this artist missed out on Keira. She made a good impression on me too. Probably because she is near the start of the game. It's so adorable how her and Lambert become a thing. Lambert was a pretty fun character. Throwing this one in here too.

Sorry totally derailed but it was an excuse to post more fanart I guess.. *shrugs* Also same company that made Cyberpunk so..
    Man I got a 100% on that game. I even learnt Gwent for it. All this talk of Witcher makes me wanna go back and play it again. It's just I got other games to attend to first.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2020-12-12 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I mean, you could play lots of games on old or out-of-date hardware. That doesn't make it good or ideal, of course. But one is deciding to engage in a lesser experience on purpose.
    There is a difference in a lesser experience and a unplayable one. Cyberpunk running at 15fps with a ton of bugs some game breaking is unplayable, Doom on switch running at 28fps is a lesser experience.

I mean hell Witcher 3 on Switch runs better than Cyberpunk on PS4.

There is a difference in a lesser experience and a unplayable one.
    No, there isn't. I just completely made it up above- it's my definition I am using. I said lesser experience as a shorthand for 'less than the best experience'. Anything less than the best is always a 'lesser experience'. That lesser experience may be passable to some, or not, but it is still the lesser one and in the case of this game one is choosing that willingly.

I am not playing this game with optimal settings either. That's fine because I am choosing to do so willingly.

Just because you have a PC or console that ran X/Y/Z games at 200 FPS doesn't mean you have a right to that with anything else or someone else's product. That's life, man.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can tell this game had been in dev forever because it has a Portal easter egg, lol. Can't tell why it doesn't feel dated, maybe 'the cake is a lie' meme has been dead so long it's cool again, or because this was the most unexpected and hilarious reference I have yet to come across.

--snip--
    People do have a right their product to work as advertised and guess what Cyberpunk doesn't. Its so broke they didn't allow people to even review it on PS4/XB1 until the embargo lifted on release day.

You want to defend it by all means go for it, But I call bullshit when I see it.

For starters this.

And I'm sure if you spent 2 seconds to look you could find out more reasons people are pissed.
    Yeah, but buy a new system then. That crap is a generation old. Of course it runs bad on that.

Its just not a game for the old gen consoles plain and simple, if you have a PC and bought it on a console then thats on you, developers usually spend at least a year to release a game on a different platform but they released it on everything from the start, i have no issues playing it at all on my 5 year old PC not even come across any bugs.

Even the ps4 pro doesnt meet the min requirements to play the game and you complain it doesnt run well.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Like many other games, some people are experiencing bugs or technical difficulties.

Virtually every game thread for a big anticipated title (go back through other "Megathreads") has posts like this:

"Game runs bad. Needed more dev time!"

"Welp, I ran into a hug and can't progress."

'Guess, I can't play due to [insert hardship]. But hope everyone else is enjoying."

*post video review*

*see video review* Replies, "Exactly!" / "I don't agree."

"WTH? I came here to see if this game was worth $60 and this is just a bunch of people arguing over [insert video review topic]!"

*someone posts news article about sales *

*sees news article about sales* "LOL what a mess!" / "Well, actually..."

"SOCIAL POLITICS!"

"SOCIAL POLITICS?"

"Game's not perfect but I enjoy it."

"Yea, well I am running X build and found Y items. So OP."

It is the same fucking thing in every one of these threads around big games.
    Yeah, for sure. I have to say, for a game of this size I've had very few bugs though.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its a next gen game not really designed to be used on a 7 year old console when even back then it was outdated tech, ps4 pro plays the game more than fine but the game is for the new gen consoles and it would impossible to make it play well on it at all especially when they released it on several platforms all at once, probably would of been better to just have a PC launch with only next gen consoles having access to it.
    Soooo...how is the game next gen when the box it's sold in and only version available on the PS says PS4?

The PS5 and XSX version isn't due out till 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah, but buy a new system then. That crap is a generation old. Of course it runs bad on that.
    If you can't get the game to run decent on the hardware you released it on, Don't release it on said hardware.

If you can't get the game to run decent on the hardware you released it on, Don't release it on said hardware.
    You can intsall it on a 15 year old PC as well but it won't run well.
    Don't be childish, just buy a new PC or a PS5. It's as simple as that.