Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    My first run was stealth hackerman, which was so ridiculously broken (at the time). Pop a quickhack into someone's head from a block away and watch it spread through the entire enemy cadre, then go loot the bodies.

Second was blades-focused, still sneaky (I always play sneaky) but going apeshit when the moment called for it.

I may try and avoid stealth this time and go for gunplay, maybe a richochet build. Probably not, though. Maybe the new character build system/cyberware options will speak to me and suggest something.
    My first was a blades slice and dice, my second went all in on the shotgun (the one you get from Smasher's lockup is absolutely busted)

Thinking I might do stealth/hacker next.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

My first run was stealth hackerman, which was so ridiculously broken (at the time). Pop a quickhack into someone's head from a block away and watch it spread through the entire enemy cadre, then go loot the bodies.

Second was blades-focused, still sneaky (I always play sneaky) but going apeshit when the moment called for it.

I may try and avoid stealth this time and go for gunplay, maybe a richochet build. Probably not, though. Maybe the new character build system/cyberware options will speak to me and suggest something.
    The dlc is apparently largely based around stealth at least in story scope. Idk how that will translate into mechanics of new content.

I sort of do both. It's not really optimal I guess but I like to approach different situations differently.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    No, they do remember. It's just people are prone to overreacting when shit hits the fan, cursing devs to 7th generation and swearing never to even glare at studio logo. But anger wanes in time. Also, CPP2077 managed to recover really damn well. Edgerunners also helped.
    It was very thoughtful campaign. First, slowly, step by step they fixed game. It wasn't 1:1 what they promised and for sure not what we imagined influenced by hype, but still it was finally good RPG with amazing story. THEN they released Edgerunners and small free DLC to game to bring enough people back to spread news that game is good now.

And now we have clear atmosphere around game before expansion. People believe devs cause they see all work that was done last 3 years. After such fiasco other companies would either try to release paid expansion ASAP and put all fixes there (like Blizzard with Diablo 3) or simply abandon game (like EA with Anthem).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    The dlc is apparently largely based around stealth at least in story scope. Idk how that will translate into mechanics of new content.

I sort of do both. It's not really optimal I guess but I like to approach different situations differently.
    I think part of that is a necessity to how they've gutted the ability to play a tank. Crafted items have lost all their talent bonuses, so no more super crafted Johnny gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It was very thoughtful campaign. First, slowly, step by step they fixed game. It wasn't 1:1 what they promised and for sure not what we imagined influenced by hype, but still it was finally good RPG with amazing story. THEN they released Edgerunners and small free DLC to game to bring enough people back to spread news that game is good now.
    I'd say Edgerunners turning out to be a big hit was the major factor in CP's redemption story and its influence is heavily underestimated. I remember waiting for a decent sale before getting the game (I wasn't sure if it would run well on my current laptop, so didn't make sense buying it for more than ~10 bucks), and then Edgerunners came out and suddenly it seemed that all retailers sold their surplus keys and the prices skyrocketed from ~15-18 to up to $40 (which was just the GOG/Steam price), which was crazy considering the game was almost 2 years old at the time.

Obviously, the fact that CDP continued working on fixing the game helped, but without the massive marketing boost that Edgerunners gave the game (which was by then in a perfectly fine spot), it would be a lot harder for CDP to now sell Phantom Liberty as a massive rework/re-release of the base game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    so no more super crafted Johnny gear.
    Uh, what? This is my set. I haven't heard anything about gutting crafting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    THEN they released Edgerunners and small free DLC to game to bring enough people back
    FWIW -

Commerical television and streaming series production takes years. It takes almost a year just to clear rights in many cases. Regional distribution is non-trivial, costly and also takes like a year to accomplish.

I wouldn't say Edgerunners was part of an initial "camapign" to do anything to bring players back to CP2077.

Edgerunners had to be planned, written, and agreed upon well before the game released. Also it's not trivial to change or alter that machine once started either.

It was just coincidental that Edgerunners drummed up a lot of interest in CP2077 at a lull in the game's after release sales. It was morely likely the series was inclusive of overall marketing for at least 2-3 years prior to the game release.

I wouldn't know how CDPR or Trigger, both tiny companies compared to powerhouse media production, would be able to facilitate a series otherwise.

Do you know what clearing rights for music on other platforms and regions is like? My brother. You need a lot of time and money to do this and that was allocated during their P1.

My first was a blades slice and dice, my second went all in on the shotgun (the one you get from Smasher's lockup is absolutely busted)

Thinking I might do stealth/hacker next.
    Stealth in this game is just boring and a waste of time. I always went in full Rambo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The talent trees no longer offer the perks that improve crafted gear, which use to pump their damage and armour up significantly. There's only the grenade bonuses.

The talent trees no longer offer the perks that improve crafted gear, which use to pump their damage and armour up significantly. There's only the grenade bonuses.
    Aww man. That sucks. I avoid spoilers as much as possible so I did not know of this change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Stealth in this game is just boring and a waste of time. I always went in full Rambo.
    Not at all. I played a Corpo Stealth Hacker my first go and it was/is still the most powerful build I came up with over hundreds of hours.

I would stealth into an area, hack a few dudes with Contagion or Suicide. Then quickly hit the goal/target and out like a ghost in seconds.

Sometimes, I don't even have to get out of my car. I can break a building from behind the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    If developers put in the work and fix their mistakes and not try gaslight with roadmaps and all that marketing jargon im more than willing to give them a second chance and im glad I did with cyberpunk
    What if they blatantly lie in press releases?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The idea that anything here is tied to "FOMO" is ridiculous. They aren't gonna run out of keys. The DLC will always be available for new customers. All you miss out on is the pre-order car, which isn't that special, and I'll be shocked if it's better than the best cars in the main game, some of which you can get super early. Some of us are just excited to get back into the game and play with all the new stuff coming in.

I've done two full playthroughs of the game already, and I've been putting off a third waiting for the DLC. I've more than gotten my investment in enjoyment out of it, and the game's state a year ago was still one of the best games I've played in a decade. Even with the content that was clearly cut before release.

Nobody's judging you for not wanting to pre-order. But you're sure expressing judgement on those who opt into that.
    Whatever judgement is what you're reading into it. I don't care that other people are buying the DLC, good for them I hope they enjoy it.

My response was only to push back against the idea that none of us (gamers) learn, or hold to their statements made earlier. As one of those gamers, I just wanted to speak up and say "hey - some of us remember. Some of us don't spend the money anymore."

But you're right, the FOMO isn't an accurate description. I think it just popped into my head due to that other thread argument about it.

And that isn't even to say I didn't enjoy CP2077. I did. I just made the 'final decision' to not support game companies with full priced payouts when the company releases a product like that at launch. Others can feel they made up for it in the year since, but I don't - or at least - not to the extent that I'll pay full price for their products.

They were the 'final straw' to me (as only the last/most recent game I bought on release), but its certainly not all their fault =D. I've made this decision about the entire industry now. *shrugs*

But I don't judge anyone just because they don't wait. Have fun! Just speaking for those of us that have learned lessons and aren't repeating that mistake again. We are out here, even if we're not the majority.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    This "fan" doesn't trust them again.

Not every gamer forgets. Not every gamer spends money on the dev teams they use to spend the money on.

Just not everyone comes and posts about it.

But this "fan" doesn't trust. This fan isn't spending more than 5 bucks on that DLC (or replaying the game with the new updates before the DLC goes on sale).

I'll get it, eventually.

Not everyone is ruled by FOMO.

And I'm certainly never buying a game before release again. Thought I learned that, goofed up once in the last few years, won't be doing THAT again.

Everything can wait till it goes on sale. No way I'm paying 60+US for games before I know they work, or are even good.
    what fomo? why has that word become some buzzwod people use these days that never aplies to the scenario?this is like when people use woke lol

Really love that clothing is just cosmetic now. The whole gear system never made sense to begin with.

Damnit, of course they run a smaller sale on the base game. Next time it's half off or something I'll probably finally nab it now that it seems like they're delivering the game they marketed initially.

German television made a great documentary on PL, there's an english version for those who are interested: https://www.ardmediathek.de/video/in...Y3NDNmNTJhN2Vj

Don't know if this is accessible from outside germany, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    What if they blatantly lie in press releases?
    In the gaming world of where you have the likes of Todd Howard saying thier npcs are not scripted I don't believe anything I'm told I just go on what's in front of you and the results. And lying/road maps is what you don't do. But if they do actually put in the work and fix thier mistakes then that's great

The problem is Cyberpunk is just made so much better when you engage with stealth, but even on very hard the combat is so easy that stealth isn't necesssary other than flavour

However now that enemies scale and you can't spam potion anymore, maybe there will be a bit more challenge to it who knows

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Damnit, of course they run a smaller sale on the base game. Next time it's half off or something I'll probably finally nab it now that it seems like they're delivering the game they marketed initially.
    They delivered that two years ago

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    I disagree. The bugs and other problems were the least of its problems. I think Witcher 3 did almost all aspects better. It was good at best, but somehow it all felt disappointing.
    People forget that the Witcher 3 was very buggy on release as well - plus Blood and Wine did a huge amount to generate hype for that game, I think phantom liberty will do the same for cyberpunk

As an RPG, Cyberpunk objectively beats Witcher 3 in many regard, multiple playstyles, much more freedom in your character for RP purposes and the game just gives you more autonomy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

- - - Updated - - -

FWIW -

Commerical television and streaming series production takes years. It takes almost a year just to clear rights in many cases. Regional distribution is non-trivial, costly and also takes like a year to accomplish.

I wouldn't say Edgerunners was part of an initial "camapign" to do anything to bring players back to CP2077.

Edgerunners had to be planned, written, and agreed upon well before the game released. Also it's not trivial to change or alter that machine once started either.

It was just coincidental that Edgerunners drummed up a lot of interest in CP2077 at a lull in the game's after release sales. It was morely likely the series was inclusive of overall marketing for at least 2-3 years prior to the game release.

I wouldn't know how CDPR or Trigger, both tiny companies compared to powerhouse media production, would be able to facilitate a series otherwise.

Do you know what clearing rights for music on other platforms and regions is like? My brother. You need a lot of time and money to do this and that was allocated during their P1.
    Clothes have 0 stats now and are entirely cosmetic, so you aren't forced to wear Johnny's stuff as it's the best gear in the game that's easily obtained

It seems mods for armor still exists though like Fortuna or Dead-Eye so I guess that's what you want crafting for - plus weapons exist so crafting is still gonna be pretty mandatory

10+ Year Old Account
    Cyperpunk was a game I immediately refunded when I bought it when it released because I didn't think it was done cooking. Been watching it since and 2.0 lakes we want to get it. Don't have the time for yet another game right now but looks good.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraden View Post
    People forget that the Witcher 3 was very buggy on release as well - plus Blood and Wine did a huge amount to generate hype for that game, I think phantom liberty will do the same for cyberpunk

As an RPG, Cyberpunk objectively beats Witcher 3 in many regard, multiple playstyles, much more freedom in your character for RP purposes and the game just gives you more autonomy
    I didn't forget, and as I said, the bugginess was the least of Cyberpunks problems (on PC at least). As a game, design-wise and all, Witcher 3 to me is a lot better game, and as I said, better in almost all areas, and when W3 came out there was zero knowledge of Heart of Stone or Blood and Wine, so not sure how those count to anything. Sure Blood and Wine was in many regards better than the base game, but so it seems to be for Phantom Liberty. But when I'm comparing the two, I'm comparing it as a whole, or even just the base game.

Although I'm also a bit biased, since I like Tolkien-esque fantasy more than cyberpunk. So in CP2077 the world and theme doesn't really do anything for me.