Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Save data corrupted and fails to load now. Nice its like playing on day 1 all over again!

- - - Updated - - -

Thankfully got a save that nots too far back to work. Bad timing after I had deleted a lot of auto saves to keep save file down. /phew

Has anyone else had this issue? Keeps happening. Even just had the game crash mid playing it then claim my save is corrupted. Guess I'm gonna have to do a reinstall..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not me but then again I’m playing on ps5

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Has anyone else had this issue? Keeps happening. Even just had the game crash mid playing it then claim my save is corrupted. Guess I'm gonna have to do a reinstall..
    Can't say I encountered it.
    The game was actually quite bug free for me. Only had a loot bug, where I couldn't interact with certain quest objective at times, which was solved by a quick save quick load.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Finished the Phantom Liberty story. Really enjoyed it. Running missions with Idris Elba, I mean, cmon, doesn't get much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

The new expansion in 2077 is solid. 10/10 imo.

Guess what - metro system is coming with 2.1 update plus multitude of small things. Like Edgerunners style Adams Smasher who as you know is a pushback usually by the point you get to him.
    Funny, CDPR lied in a sense that 2.0 was supposed to be the last major update, IIRC. More such lies, please.

Compilation here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkga..._i_came_again/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boo. I've just dipped my toes into Phantom Liberty after finishing the rest of the game in 2.0.

It's crazy to me that I've done three playthroughs of the core game as a "sneaky" character and they've all been distinct playstyles; quickhack ninja, blades murder spree, and now throwing knife phantom.

2.1 sounds cool and I still have some stuff to do to 100% on my most recent playthrough.

Here's hoping it's also finally got FSR 3.

I've been taking my sweet time with this game. Did Act 1 almost 2 months ago now. Watched Edgerunners and got very depressed because of it and didn't play the game for a week.

Now I'm almost at the end of Act 2 I reckon, I've 2/3 main quests and still got the Takemura quests to do. At one point the game gave me existential crisis. There's just so much to think about. So many of the side quests are so good too. Like recently I did the questchains for "Sinnerman" and "They Won't Go When I Go" and I can't believe those were just sidequests.

I'm currently on River's and Claire's sidequests. Also just finished the quests for the Jefferson and damn, the implications for the future were pretty wild.

Now I'm just wondering when to start the PL stuff. Dunno if I should finish Act 2 first or do it before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I've been taking my sweet time with this game. Did Act 1 almost 2 months ago now. Watched Edgerunners and got very depressed because of it and didn't play the game for a week.

Now I'm almost at the end of Act 2 I reckon, I've 2/3 main quests and still got the Takemura quests to do. At one point the game gave me existential crisis. There's just so much to think about. So many of the side quests are so good too. Like recently I did the questchains for "Sinnerman" and "They Won't Go When I Go" and I can't believe those were just sidequests.

I'm currently on River's and Claire's sidequests. Also just finished the quests for the Jefferson and damn, the implications for the future were pretty wild.

Now I'm just wondering when to start the PL stuff. Dunno if I should finish Act 2 first or do it before.
    I finished everything up to meeting Hanako at Embers before I did PL the first time, all side quests available up to that point. In hindsight, I wouldn't do the same thing. I'd finish PL before meeting Hanako, but you should pop into PL as soon as you get the request and progress the story a bit. You'll get locked into Dogtown for this so make sure there's nothing time-sensitive going on. Once you're through that section of the story you'll get a call telling you that you can leave Dogtown again, and this will unlock the whole area for you, you'll have unlocked the new skill tree (I think), and the new repeatable content. Specifically here, stealing cars for El Capitan. These have decent rewards and they spawn all over the city, not just Dogtown. They're a fun way to mix things up and make some money, and you need to do like 20 of them (maybe 30?) to unlock the best new vehicles from El Capitan. Unlike the really annoying stuff like "another settlement needs your help", the repeatable stuff in PL is just added in environmentally; you can see airdrops happen (only in Dogtown), and stealable cars show up on your minimap with a wheel icon. You can either do them, or ignore them, you're not harassed it's just an option.

Yeah get into PL as soon as you can to at least unlock the repeatable missions

Yeah I would do PL before the Arasaka float parade.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

That's pretty cool. I too was thinking of leaving it just before the point of no return at the start but after playing for so long I want to do the PL story and then let it settle a bit before finishing the game. I unlocked it aaaages ago too, since it unlocks after finishing the VDB questline and it's just been sitting in my questlist for weeks now.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You can also skip new character to PL and it's much more useful compared to similar option in Witcher 3 - Cyberpunk has ton of builds and great replayability, but Act 1 can be pretty boring on repetition. With skip whole open world opens up from the start.

I'd been avoiding getting this game for a while since initally the settings and reviews were putting me off.

But as avid Witcher fan and all the raves I'm hearing about the game, just wondering if the game has the depth and enjoyability of Witcher 3 now or not. Might pull the trigger if so on my playstation.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'd been avoiding getting this game for a while since initally the settings and reviews were putting me off.

But as avid Witcher fan and all the raves I'm hearing about the game, just wondering if the game has the depth and enjoyability of Witcher 3 now or not. Might pull the trigger if so on my playstation.
    The game had more depth than Witcher 3 even at launch.

Enjoyability is a completely different thing, and I can\t judge that for you. They are completely different games that happen to share the same sub genre. First person cyberpunk setting with your custom character vs 3rd person hack and slash dark fantasy with a set in stone character. Liking Witcher 3 has almost nothing to do with liking Cyberpunk or not, one person could love one and hate the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The game had more depth than Witcher 3 even at launch.
    Yep. The Witcher's got a couple different playstyles, you can do, and gear offers slight variations, but it isn't remotely close to what Cyberpunk offered at launch, let alone now.

You can rip people's heads off with hacking as a netrunner and basically never use a gun, you can beat people to death with your fists as an unkillable brute, you can be a sneaky assassin (multiple flavors), you can be a knife-hurling cyberninja, a supersonic cybersamurai, you can spew lead in as many different ways you like and with not just gun types but individual guns so varied you can build an entire character build around them.

And I'm scratching the surface. All these can be built as variants that combine other styles, I haven't even talked about arm cyberware like monowires and mantis arms, or any of the cyberware systems beyond those.

A lot of quests have multiple paths to success, some better than others but it's often satisfying to do things "your" way even if you get less of a payout. The flexibility is insane.

The story is also ridiculous in the depth and fleshing out. Even compared to Witcher 3. Most players probably don't even catch on to how far it goes. There's whole stories that play out in shards (notes, basically), or you can find locations where an NPC from a prior job is killed by gangs/corps they worked for because they fucked up, etc. I'm on my 5th playthrough and still finding new stuff (beyond the new content that's been added).

It's probably my favorite game of all time, at this point. Just be aware it's very much a small-c cyberpunk story, and that means happy endings are really not in the cards. Melancholic acceptance of the price you had to pay, or Pyrrhic victories that make you question the costs, are more the speed of what you get. You'll usually be able to achieve your short-term goals, but the story doesn't end there. You might save someone from being kidnapped for ransom and threatened with death, but you're not going to undo the trauma and their relationship with their shitty spouse that caused this is probably over, kind of thing. The Witcher's like this a fair bit too, but it's a LOT less clear-cut in Cyberpunk, to the point you're often really not sure there is a "right choice" for the big ones.

Enjoyability is a completely different thing, and I can\t judge that for you. They are completely different games that happen to share the same sub genre. First person cyberpunk setting with your custom character vs 3rd person hack and slash dark fantasy with a set in stone character. Liking Witcher 3 has almost nothing to do with liking Cyberpunk or not, one person could love one and hate the other.
    Yeah, a lot comes down to taste. Cyberpunk gives you more narrative control IMO, but also fewer choices with clear "right" outcomes. Often choices with two clear "bad" outcomes, in fact. Sometimes, you need to dig into other quests retroactively to figure out if an earlier choice was a "good" one. There's at least one I can think of off the top of my head where saving the "victim" is pretty definitely the wrong choice, but you've got to find scattered notes in an entirely different quest in, I think, a later Act to realize what a scumbag the guy you saved is, and now he's free to keep harming innocents.

That's not to say there aren't good or innocent people. There are. But Cyberpunk is very good at making you realize you don't have all the information and have to go with gut calls and you don't always get it right without magic prescience by playing through the game multiple times and knowing what's coming. It's a dark wilderness with points of light, even moreso than the Witcher, and some people hate that.