Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Well I finally finished the game last night and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in Cyberpunk 2077. Not because the endings are downers, hell I explicitly chose the "quick way out" ending first as it felt thematically appropriate at the end of this play through (insert the game didn't just shoot itself in the foot joke here), though the video calls from other characters for this end were a real ? moment, and have done two other endings following that. Although the fact that the endings were pretty damn close to Mass Effect 3's kind of choices did grate on me though the inclusion of unique minor epilogues and the requirement of having to do quest lines to unlock the choices saved it... slightly.

No what I was most disappointed about Cyberpunk 2077 is how many dropped story threads there are in both main and side content due to weird writing decisions and/or abrupt endings, things that just get glossed over or forgotten that can/could have played a part in the game's narrative and how much content that is just filler copy paste junk missions and features that essentially do nothing of worth such as Street Cred or the Sixth Attribute that just pops up on your leveling screen and never gets addressed/used or the option of "saving Brick" in one of the early missions being pointless depending on the path you chose to start the mission with. After having done everything, it feels like Cyberpunk has a whole bunch of the superficial and shine going for it but lacks any depth or interesting developments by the end of it. Really disappointed.
    I think the problem lies in a complete overhaul of the games main story less then 1,5 years ago when keanu came onboard, in earlier gameplay there was no hint of silverhand being in the game the radio even said he died just 1 year prior presumably to old age and character creation had johnny being 1 out of 3 'idols' I think all these minor plot threads had their work completely stopped in order to work on the new johnny focused story, or rework already existing content to fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    I think the problem lies in a complete overhaul of the games main story less then 1,5 years ago when keanu came onboard, in earlier gameplay there was no hint of silverhand being in the game the radio even said he died just 1 year prior presumably to old age and character creation had johnny being 1 out of 3 'idols' I think all these minor plot threads had their work completely stopped in order to work on the new johnny focused story, or rework already existing content to fit.
    I'm not actually sure of that, it seems like the Relic story line has been something that they were set on having be a part of their story ever since they started revealing stuff publicly about the game even back in 2018 and if Johnny's presence as a character was removed the story would largely stay the same (although certain developments later in Act 2 quests would have to be linked differently and some side quests wouldn't make sense). Although it is possible that Silverhand having a larger presence and part in the story may have been due to Keanu accepting the role, it feels less like the story was developed around him and more his character was just slotted in to make convenient connections between certain segments (e.g. Alt and Rogue), present an easy exposition of why Arasaka is "evil" apart from cause Corpo as well as give a character connected to V's problem that the player could either agree with or deny.

My larger issues are with story elements that are still in the game but never get built or explored adequately especially when they could have direct influence on the main story stuff like the Militech and Arasaka hostilities, the Election and all the shadiness that goes on around it, AIs that are trying to get in Arasaka and cause destruction across Night City, Night City Police, Max-Tac and their corpo connections, cyber psychosis and it's cause being connected to Militech and Arasaka gear, Adam Smasher's connection with the Maelstrom and gangs in general having zero development outside isolated quests and Pacifica as a whole. Not to mention there's stuff that you can still do in the game that the main story never addresses like steal Saburo's tags off his body as evidence you were there, Delamain's fate and the sheer amount of gang members you kill, gigs you do (apart from an one mission solution I believe) and street cred you attain having zero effect on how you are viewed.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Finished the Judy story arc and romanced her. Really enjoyed that one.

Also finished up River's story arc and I thought it was strange you could not stop the romance/romantic parts sooner because I was not at all into his "personality" and was just there for the missions.

I think I finished Panam's arc? Not sure because she and Mitch call me all the fucking time and text me continuously. I find both off-putting and I am inclined to agree with Saul's position than either Panam or Mitch. Overall I really dislike the Nomad/Gyspy angle and vibe of the Aldecaldos.

Guess I wanted more "Heavy Metal" Mad Max in my Nomads than cowboy/gypsies. I dislike the Nomads in CP2077.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-12-29 at 07:58 PM.

So my issue now is, I was under the impression you could scrap iconics and learn the pattern for when you wanted to make it better later. So now for some of the iconics I want I'd have to cheat them in. Which seems like a huge oversight.

I finally maxed crafting, but it took an obscene amount of crafts to do so. an OBSCENE amount. I ended up changing the game files to make items craft in like 0.1 seconds as opposed to 1 second each because it takes so many. Even then, scrapping all the items you create also takes foreeeevvvveeerrrr.

Worth it in the end, but what an obnoxious grind.

I am the same as fencer's though, i do everything. Every side quest, every NCPD quest, everything. I've barely done the actual story yet tbh. I've got eddies piling up to the point I've bought almost every car. I could buy the rest with a little crafting / sell stuff shuffle.
    Last edited by prwraith; 2020-12-29 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    So my issue now is, I was under the impression you could scrap iconics and learn the pattern for when you wanted to make it better later. So now for some of the iconics I want I'd have to cheat them in. Which seems like a huge oversight.
    They actually have a popup that tells you how the iconics work when you first get one/craft one up. I saw it and noticed last night on a short Corpo playthrough of the first mission.

I missed it on my main Street Kid and scrapped like 2 iconic weapons because I thought they were crap (Dying Light & the Pimp Cane). There should have been a "Are you sure you want to do this..." type of message and not just a tutorial pop-up that flashes for like 2 seconds.

I have all the vehicles now and most of the Iconic weapons. Also cleared all the missions in the game except for the race ones (I am bad at driving) and one NCPD mission that has bugged on me.

Yup, it finally happened. I ran into my first game effecting bug. I can not complete the last NCPD scanner mission as a result currently. But I have 100% everything outside the main story on my Street Kid more or less.

I finally maxed crafting, but it took an obscene amount of crafts to do so. an OBSCENE amount. I ended up changing the game files to make items craft in like 0.1 seconds as opposed to 1 second each because it takes so many. Even then, scrapping all the items you create also takes foreeeevvvveeerrrr.

Worth it in the end, but what an obnoxious grind.

I am the same as fencer's though, i do everything. Every side quest, every NCPD quest, everything. I've barely done the actual story yet tbh. I've got eddies piling up to the point I've bought almost every car. I could buy the rest with a little crafting / sell stuff shuffle.
    Soooo much quicker when upgrading items rather than crafting them. The xp increases each level of upgrade until you are getting 1/4-1/2 of a level each upgrade

Also, am I the only one who thinks Cyberpunk should be filed away with games like KoToR2, New Vegas and Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines? Good games, but not ones I'd recommend, especially on console and all require a heap load of fixes and mods to make them worthwhile.

How do you guys make so much cash? Crafting I guess. I only ever have so much for my next cyberware upgrade, but then again I haven't invested a single point in technical aptitude let alone crafting. Forget about buying the cars, but anyway Johnny's Porsche 911 is the coolest one in the game bar maaaaybe the Caliburn.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Factcheck View Post
    Soooo much quicker when upgrading items rather than crafting them. The xp increases each level of upgrade until you are getting 1/4-1/2 of a level each upgrade

Also, am I the only one who thinks Cyberpunk should be filed away with games like KoToR2, New Vegas and Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines? Good games, but not ones I'd recommend, especially on console and all require a heap load of fixes and mods to make them worthwhile.
    Bruhhhhh I wish I knew that, I sat there and crafted and scrapped for soooooooo long lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    How do you guys make so much cash? Crafting I guess. I only ever have so much for my next cyberware upgrade, but then again I haven't invested a single point in technical aptitude let alone crafting. Forget about buying the cars, but anyway Johnny's Porsche 911 is the coolest one in the game bar maaaaybe the Caliburn.
    Without selling a single gun, about halfway through all the side quests I had about 200k eddies. That's after the 20k paid back to victor, the 45k for double jump, various augments, and 15k to rogue for a quest. Side quests + pick shit up especially the wads of cash obv

New Vegas is great and very widely well regarded as a piece of game design.

At the end of the day, the only thing that is important about a video game is the gameplay design. Technical issues are largely transitory, but game design is not. That is not to say New Vegas is technically flawless by any means. Though in a fan, consumer and most importantly critical sense; New Vegas is several notches above the other games you mention it alongside in execution and design. Resoundingly so. I googled it just to be sure before replying, the overwhelming view of New Vegas is positive, majorly.

I think CPO2077 is "average" at worst, and "good" at it's best. For me personally, it's in the tier of games like Greedfall or Outer Worlds. Decent but flawed RPGs but the setting and style go a long way toward personal enjoyment.

I do not think one should be playing any game on a console where PC is a supported option. I personally consider it corruption.

I loot everything. I hack everything. I gather everything.

When I say I loot everything, I mean I am looting every single ashtray/mad doc/record/cinnamon bun/etc in sight. I spent 2/3rds of my time in the menus.

I do/did every mission. I stopped all crime.

If I am driving somewhere and there is a crime flash, I will stop and clear it. Of course, I thoroughly check around the area too and loot everything.

Double jump up on top of everything as well. The city hides a lot of items on rooftops, in one room closets and bathrooms, etc.

I am thorough.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-12-29 at 08:46 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Finished the Judy story arc and romanced her. Really enjoyed that one.

Also finished up River's story arc and I thought it was strange you could not stop the romance/romantic parts sooner because I was not at all into his "personality" and was just there for the missions.

I think I finished Panam's arc? Not sure because she and Mitch call me all the fucking time and text me continuously. I find both off-putting and I am inclined to agree with Saul's position than either Panam or Mitch. Overall I really dislike the Nomad/Gyspy angle and vibe of the Aldecaldos.

Guess I wanted more "Heavy Metal" Mad Max in my Nomads than cowboy/gypsies. I dislike the Nomads in CP2077.
    I was sad when I did that last mission with Judy exploring the underwater town. Just her whole story came full circle and left an impression on me and even though you can't romance her as the male V, I really liked the encompassing arc of her in the game. She starts out as this bad bitch sort of character who doesn't trust you, then she grows on you, and obviously having to earn her trust, she opens up.

@prwraith What file did you edit to reduce the crafting time? Kinda wish there was a click and hold option where it would just repeatedly create the same item.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    New Vegas is great and very widely well regarded as a piece of game design.

At the end of the day, the only thing that is important about a video game is the gameplay design. Technical issues are largely transitory, but game design is not. That is not to say New Vegas is technically flawless by any means. Though in a fan, consumer and most importantly critical sense; New Vegas is several notches above the other games you mention it alongside in execution and design. Resoundingly so. I googled it just to be sure before replying, the overwhelming view of New Vegas is positive, majorly.
    It is now, if I remember correctly New Vegas had a rough launch and it took a while for it to get the recognition it deserved. Point is, doesn't feel like Cyberpunk is beyond saving but it does need saving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I'm not actually sure of that, it seems like the Relic story line has been something that they were set on having be a part of their story ever since they started revealing stuff publicly about the game even back in 2018 and if Johnny's presence as a character was removed the story would largely stay the same (although certain developments later in Act 2 quests would have to be linked differently and some side quests wouldn't make sense). Although it is possible that Silverhand having a larger presence and part in the story may have been due to Keanu accepting the role, it feels less like the story was developed around him and more his character was just slotted in to make convenient connections between certain segments (e.g. Alt and Rogue), present an easy exposition of why Arasaka is "evil" apart from cause Corpo as well as give a character connected to V's problem that the player could either agree with or deny.

My larger issues are with story elements that are still in the game but never get built or explored adequately especially when they could have direct influence on the main story stuff like the Militech and Arasaka hostilities, the Election and all the shadiness that goes on around it, AIs that are trying to get in Arasaka and cause destruction across Night City, Night City Police, Max-Tac and their corpo connections, cyber psychosis and it's cause being connected to Militech and Arasaka gear, Adam Smasher's connection with the Maelstrom and gangs in general having zero development outside isolated quests and Pacifica as a whole. Not to mention there's stuff that you can still do in the game that the main story never addresses like steal Saburo's tags off his body as evidence you were there, Delamain's fate and the sheer amount of gang members you kill, gigs you do (apart from an one mission solution I believe) and street cred you attain having zero effect on how you are viewed.
    They were obviously planning SOMETHING with Silverhand. The fact that they stated he died a year prior is already hella sus. He was dead, DEAD DEAD in the RPG, and the RPG creator was heavily involved in the writing of this game. I don't think Keanu was the catalyst, maybe the opposite. Maybe one day Pondsmith gave CDPR a call and said "Okay I want Silverhand in V's head the whole time as a secondary character." Then CDPR was like "Okay, if Silverhand is going to be such a big deal lets splurge and get someone big and popular to play them."

- - - Updated - - -

It is now, if I remember correctly New Vegas had a rough launch and it took a while for it to get the recognition it deserved. Point is, doesn't feel like Cyberpunk is beyond saving but it does need saving.

It kind of hurt that it was a bit buggier than average, and it was just treated as another 'expansion pack game' due to the timing of it's launch, when things like that were common. The reused assets and precious few actual gameplay changes didn't help. Most people couldn't see the forest for the trees and didn't realize all the small changes and artistic soul that made the game so perfect. Should also note that the game's best moments come from the DLC as well. If Old World Blues came out day one, I'm sure it would have gotten the respect it deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I was sad when I did that last mission with Judy exploring the underwater town. Just her whole story came full circle and left an impression on me and even though you can't romance her as the male V, I really liked the encompassing arc of her in the game. She starts out as this bad bitch sort of character who doesn't trust you, then she grows on you, and obviously having to earn her trust, she opens up.

@prwraith What file did you edit to reduce the crafting time? Kinda wish there was a click and hold option where it would just repeatedly create the same item.
    stolen from nexusmods. I haven't found a hold down to craft a ton of thigns mod, this is as close as I could get

-file location : \Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config
    -File name : inputcontexts.xml
    -open with favorite text editor
    -Press Ctrl+f and search for : hold action="craft_item"
    -Change default value (0.8 ) to 0.1 (makes crafting really fast) , 0.01 (instant craft) or 0.2 (fast craft)
    Inputting 0 will not work, I've tried it so you don't have to.
    - - - Updated - - -

Now if I could just find a mod to make it rain alllll the time

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you get weapon mods, only seem to get green rubbish, all my other gear and items are orange but the weapon mods are all white and green

It had a buggy launch and still crashes like a mofo to this day as soon as you install more than a couple mods, but even back then I recognized the pure, unfiltered Fallout soul in that game and it got high praise in the more purist circles who otherwise hate everything the franchise has producing post Fallout 2 with more passion than the most fervent critics of WoW. I like Cyberpunk, but I loved New Vegas the moment I left Goodsprings and that sentiment hasn't abated since.

CDPR's game will get bug fixes, technical issues ironed out and such, and obviously that's great. But I don't think they'll ever fix the insipid open world, broken mechanics like the wanted system, abandoned plot threads, some story problems which I'll detail in spoilers if anyone cares, and largely boring and linear quest design that all IMO hold the game back from true greatness more than any amount of bugs or poor optimization.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I have done 0 crafting or exploits but have plenty of cash thanks to breaching access points and the perk that increases the money from that.

Don't even need to go full int for it, lots of access points that only need 6-8 int.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

As i said, transitory. The only thing that matters at the end of the day is game design. As is, now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I have done 0 crafting or exploits but have plenty of cash thanks to breaching access points and the perk that increases the money from that.

Don't even need to go full int for it, lots of access points that only need 6-8 int.
    Word. I second this. I can get like 1200+ a crack and some even give you like 3k+ such as in the Arasaka compound. One on a boat gave me 5k once and I hacked like 6 PCs and 2 antennae on the way there too.

A tip I don't see given out very much is if the sequence to breach an access point is less than ideal; just exit out without entering any sequences and the buffer is re-rolled. Try again. No save scum needed.

- - - Updated - - -

stolen from nexusmods. I haven't found a hold down to craft a ton of thigns mod, this is as close as I could get
    Did you use Cyber Console? I tried to get Dying Light back but I couldn't get it to work.

i have question about the story

i did the voodoo boys questline before takemura and rogue's ones, so if i dont remember wrong i found in the netwatch's laptop emails that evelynn basically sold us to them.
    but then i did the sidequest where i found evelynn commited suicide. now, maybe i was wrong about the emails, or maybe the questline bugged somehow, but my character never said anything about these emails when speaking with judy.
    considering that even minor sidequest had special epilogue if you read some emails (like a cop that was corrupt with the maelstrom) i find that very strange. i was super hopefull to break in judy house and take my vengeance against evelynn, but nothing =(

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    It kind of hurt that it was a bit buggier than average, and it was just treated as another 'expansion pack game' due to the timing of it's launch, when things like that were common. The reused assets and precious few actual gameplay changes didn't help. Most people couldn't see the forest for the trees and didn't realize all the small changes and artistic soul that made the game so perfect. Should also note that the game's best moments come from the DLC as well. If Old World Blues came out day one, I'm sure it would have gotten the respect it deserved.
    i wouldnt call new vegas perfect, sure the dlcs were good (mostly because there are ulysses hints all the time) but i mean, the story is mostly around being pew pew rnc, evil incarnate legion or an individualist in preparation for the last battle. you cant join a tribe and doing tribe' stuff for example (i would have killed to be a khan), even the cannibalistic trait its of so rare use that its meaningless (in my memories you use it in rp only 1 time in a casinò)
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

10+ Year Old Account
    It had a buggy launch and still crashes like a mofo to this day as soon as you install more than a couple mods, but even back then I recognized the pure, unfiltered Fallout soul in that game and it got high praise in the more purist circles who otherwise hate everything the franchise has producing post Fallout 2 with more passion than the most fervent critics of WoW. I like Cyberpunk, but I loved New Vegas the moment I left Goodsprings and that sentiment hasn't abated since.

CDPR's game will get bug fixes, technical issues ironed out and such, and obviously that's great. But I don't think they'll ever fix the insipid open world, broken mechanics like the wanted system, abandoned plot threads, some story problems which I'll detail in spoilers if anyone cares, and largely boring and linear quest design that all IMO hold the game back from true greatness more than any amount of bugs or poor optimization.
    Largely boring quests? They fit pretty much anything the Witcher 3 put out, more or less if the gameplay is fun to you you'll like all the quests to.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    i have question about the story

i did the voodoo boys questline before takemura and rogue's ones, so if i dont remember wrong i found in the netwatch's laptop emails that evelynn basically sold us to them.
    but then i did the sidequest where i found evelynn commited suicide. now, maybe i was wrong about the emails, or maybe the questline bugged somehow, but my character never said anything about these emails when speaking with judy.
    considering that even minor sidequest had special epilogue if you read some emails (like a cop that was corrupt with the maelstrom) i find that very strange. i was super hopefull to break in judy house and take my vengeance against evelynn, but nothing =(
    She didn't sell us out, but the VDB. Her plan was for us to steal the chip and then sell it to Netwatch, they were her buyer
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death