Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Skyrim did have a lot of bugs during launch but it was still a complete game and the bugs aren't as deadly as CP2077 not even close really. I played Skyrim on day 1 release and it was still 10 times smoother than CP2077.
    Have you like played skyrim? I would understand some other games but skyrim was buggy shit at release. CP2077 compared to skyrim (release vs release) is a polished diamond.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Have you like played skyrim? I would understand some other games but skyrim was buggy shit at release. CP2077 compared to skyrim (release vs release) is a polished diamond.
    The re-release "special edition" was also buggy at launch.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The re-release "special edition" was also buggy at launch.
    Yeah, Cyberpunk had some T-poses and I had to reload a save maybe 2 times, but nothing gamebreaking. Skyrim literally had a bugged main quest ( the one where you find Esbern, the old Blades guy in Riften ). I still remember this 10 years later because I was outraged at having to download a mod to complete the goddamn main quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I can actually run the damn thing and it's had around 7 patches, I think it's great. It's gorgeous when maxed out and no other game has this style.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Yeah, Cyberpunk had some T-poses and I had to reload a save maybe 2 times, but nothing gamebreaking. Skyrim literally had a bugged main quest ( the one where you find Esbern, the old Blades guy in Riften ). I still remember this 10 years later because I was outraged at having to download a mod to complete the goddamn main quest.
    I saw an NPC t-posing. I started like, running into her and being an idiot, and then she suddenly turned her head and looked at me. I threw myself across the room. That's when I decided in my headcanon, t-posing is planking in 2077.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I saw an NPC t-posing. I started like, running into her and being an idiot, and then she suddenly turned her head and looked at me. I threw myself across the room. That's when I decided in my headcanon, t-posing is planking in 2077.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

The bugs aren't the problem with Cyberpunk. They exacerbated the issue, but the huge shitstorm was a combination of completely unacceptable performance on last gen consoles, the lack of promised features, and things being unfinished (there is a perk that is literally useless because there is no content that it was designed for). Even if the game was released without any bugs or performance issues it's still a 7-7.5 when we were all expecting/wanting a 9+.

You can have fun with Cyberpunk, but Cyberpunk could have and should have been so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    The bugs aren't the problem with Cyberpunk. They exacerbated the issue, but the huge shitstorm was a combination of completely unacceptable performance on last gen consoles, the lack of promised features, and things being unfinished (there is a perk that is literally useless because there is no content that it was designed for). Even if the game was released without any bugs or performance issues it's still a 7-7.5 when we were all expecting/wanting a 9+.

You can have fun with Cyberpunk, but Cyberpunk could have and should have been so much more.

Last gen is fine.

Has been for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjFM0joet_4

Last gen is fine.
    Forgive me, but is this sarcasm?

If not...yikes. That video clearly shows frequent dips when driving...there is a period where it is barely managing to stay at 20fps, sometimes dipping even lower. The video doesn't even bother showing any action, either. The performance issues are well-documented and not a matter of opinion. Not maintaining a stable 30fps is not what I would consider acceptable performance.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Seriously you intentionally disable people playing your embed videos?

Last gen is fine.

Has been for a while.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...n-all-consoles

It's better (this is a more recent patch) for sure, but there's still a ways to go with it.

Last gen is fine.

Has been for a while.

20 FPS while driving isn't what I would call fine. A stable 30 should be the bare acceptable minimum for a decent experience if you ask me.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    20 FPS while driving isn't what I would call fine. A stable 30 should be the bare acceptable minimum for a decent experience if you ask me.
    GTA5 on ps3 and xbox 360 was 20-30 fps. It is fine. Could it have been better? Maybe. Could expectations have been tempered better by CDPR? Sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fbYyMq4cGU
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    There is no need to drive at breakneck speeds in this game. Driving is just travel between point A and B. 99% of the game is going to run at close to 30 FPS.

And if not getting 30 FPS constantly makes a game undecent then I demand constant 60 FPS on PC, which would make a lot of games 'undecent'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Forgive me, but is this sarcasm?

If not...yikes. That video clearly shows frequent dips when driving...there is a period where it is barely managing to stay at 20fps, sometimes dipping even lower. The video doesn't even bother showing any action, either. The performance issues are well-documented and not a matter of opinion. Not maintaining a stable 30fps is not what I would consider acceptable performance.
    Yeah they're well documented in that video where unless you drive at high speed, which you have no reason to in the game, the FPS is fine.

Considering this is hardware from 2012 it's a miracle.

Considering this is hardware from 2012 it's a miracle.
    That's when the game was announced, I'd hope it would work on the only console hardware that was out at the time. Specs for PS5/Series S|X weren't even finalized by that point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's when the game was announced, I'd hope it would work on the only console hardware that was out at the time. Specs for PS5/Series S|X weren't even finalized by that point.
    Star Citizen, ignoring the vapor ware concerns, was originally going to be released in 2014. Do you honestly expect it to be running on 2014 hardware just because it was announced then? Because that is what you are saying. That a games announced date locks in the hardware profile of what can run it.

If that one doesn't work for you lets again go back to GTA5. It was announced in 2011. Ps4 and Xbox One were both announced in 2013. Obviously they were hinted at long before they were officially announced though since the announcements came the same year as release. But using your argument GTA5 on PS3 and Xbox 360 should have had a lot better performance since the game was announced two years before the next gen at the time.

Star Citizen, ignoring the vapor ware concerns, was originally going to be released in 2014. Do you honestly expect it to be running on 2014 hardware just because it was announced then? Because that is what you are saying. That a games announced date locks in the hardware profile of what can run it.
    SC was never, and is still not, announced for consoles. Cyberpunk was announced for current-gen consoles (PS4/XOne) and they continued talking up those version of the game throughout the development and marketing of the game, including repeatedly lying about the status/quality of those builds as we, and Sony/Microsoft, discovered at launch.

This is not an accurate comparison.

If that one doesn't work for you lets again go back to GTA5. It was announced in 2011. Ps4 and Xbox One were both announced in 2013. Obviously they were hinted at long before they were officially announced though since the announcements came the same year as release. But using your argument GTA5 on PS3 and Xbox 360 should have had a lot better performance since the game was announced two years before the next gen at the time.
    They absolutely should have, I agree.

15+ Year Old Account
    SC was never, and is still not, announced for consoles.
    So? Do you think it will run on 2014 PC hardware? Or is this weird game has to match hardware of the year announced only apply to consoles? Which is still just as dumb. It is an accurate comparison because it was the specific statements you made being compared to the exact same situation with a different game. If you wanted to complain about the marketing of the product then do so. Leave the stupid hardware remarks out of it.

So?
    So there's no comparison. They've never said SC should run on any console hardware. CDPR did, and spent years talking it up and at least the final year leading into launch straight up lying about the state of the console build.

15+ Year Old Account
    So there's no comparison. They've never said SC should run on any console hardware. CDPR did, and spent years talking it up and at least the final year leading into launch straight up lying about the state of the console build.
    So you are making an irrational exception for console games only. Oh okay. Why shouldn't a PC game run on the same hardware that was around when that game was announced?