Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    And fell off a cliff with no legs right after release which means it's no where near what they expected considering the marketing push behind it. Also god knows how many people refunded it lol.

Even at 13 mil sold, thats kind of a joke for a game playable on 5 different platforms that was supposed to revolutionize the industry. That's less then a yearly FIFA release. That's less then the most popular Sony and Nintendo games sell on single platforms. That is way fucking less then Rockstar and Bethesda releases.
    The fact that you're comparing a company that 12 years ago had a table for a booth at EA with Rockstar and Bethesda shows how successful they have been.

They sold 13 mil at release and the numbers are probably around 20 mil now. And they'll sell more as the game improves and they put out DLC.

As for refunds, they were stated to be around 30,000 out of 13 million so they're fine in that aspect too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    You can usually judge the state of a game when the quality of its content isn't even being discussed. We're still at "IT RUNS!" level!
    We're not, though. There's videos of it running just fine on consoles from January.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Kinda tempted since it's 20% off on Humble right now, but thinking I'll hold off until they do more patching and there are hopefully deeper sales. Seems much improved, but I'm in no huge rush to play it.
    There's no reason to. It's not fantastic. It's not the best game ever.

It's an RPG with a good story and decent-good combat. The graphics are probably the best in any game ever if you have the PC for it.

Frankly, RPGs are usually hit or miss with combat ( Fallout, Witcher, TES franchises all have meh combat ) but this one is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Kinda tempted since it's 20% off on Humble right now, but thinking I'll hold off until they do more patching and there are hopefully deeper sales. Seems much improved, but I'm in no huge rush to play it.
    At this point if you don't mind the wait, I'd hold off until at least the first major DLC, maybe even wait for the complete set. In terms of bugs and the like, I'd say they're more or less there at this point (on PC at least), although I don't know what issues others have faced. If you already waited though, there's a bunch that DLC could bring to the game.

What I think it's probably in need of more than anything else right now is a balancing patch. Sure I like a bit of power fantasy, but you can hit god mode way too early in the game imo.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    The fact that you're comparing
    Hold it right there. I didn't make the comparison. They did. You better get it right when their marketing hype wanted you to believe they where at rockstar's level. Hell you could argue they are on par with Bethesda and just as janky but still can't manage the same sales lol.

The fact that you're comparing a company that 12 years ago had a table for a booth at EA with Rockstar and Bethesda shows how successful they have been.

They sold 13 mil at release and the numbers are probably around 20 mil now. And they'll sell more as the game improves and they put out DLC.

As for refunds, they were stated to be around 30,000 out of 13 million so they're fine in that aspect too.

- - - Updated - - -

We're not, though. There's videos of it running just fine on consoles from January.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no reason to. It's not fantastic. It's not the best game ever.

It's an RPG with a good story and decent-good combat. The graphics are probably the best in any game ever if you have the PC for it.

Frankly, RPGs are usually hit or miss with combat ( Fallout, Witcher, TES franchises all have meh combat ) but this one is much better.
    Wow that's great! It runs!

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Wow that's great! It runs!
    Unlike your reading comprehension, it works, yeah.

Hold it right there. I didn't make the comparison. They did. You better get it right when their marketing hype wanted you to believe they where at rockstar's level. Hell you could argue they are on par with Bethesda and just as janky but still can't manage the same sales lol.
    A marketing department oversold something?? Shocking!

Unlike your reading comprehension, it works, yeah.
    "We're not, though. There's videos of it running just fine on consoles from January."

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    At this point if you don't mind the wait, I'd hold off until at least the first major DLC, maybe even wait for the complete set. In terms of bugs and the like, I'd say they're more or less there at this point (on PC at least), although I don't know what issues others have faced. If you already waited though, there's a bunch that DLC could bring to the game.

What I think it's probably in need of more than anything else right now is a balancing patch. Sure I like a bit of power fantasy, but you can hit god mode way too early in the game imo.
    The game also needs some sort of respawn capable enemy areas so you have a place to acquire more materials for crafting. I found even with a conservative use of materials, I was running out of funds and materials to get crafting to level 20. Also bringing the base cost of epic and legendary crafting down by about 10% and making crafting legendaries a later game feature might be better.

They're above Rockstar's level in world interaction if only because world interaction doesn't net you any visible gain in Rockstar's games. It's just there so people can go " WOAH I CAN INSULT THIS NPC SO COOL!!! ".

GTA or RDR have no difficulty. There's no need to loot anything. Crafting in Cyberpunk makes the game far easier and gives you XP.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    We'll never know because nobody is going to release those numbers. The 30k CDPR cited are only the ones they themselves refunded. Not valve, not MS, not Sony and not retail stores like best buy that also refunded it. That's a hell of a lot of potential refunds unaccounted for, and none of these companies are going to come out and say how many they refunded. Hell they still can't sell the game digitally on PSN yet and digital sales make up 60% of sales for Playstation now. The refund fiasco has most certainly impacted their wallet a lot more then you seem to think.
    We know they had a 'record profit' (CDPR themselves) year last year, coming out at year's end ahead 256 million. That was quoted and reported in multiple outlets a couple months back (after all the year end reports had come through). Regardless of whatever the launch fiasco cost them, they still made a profit as a company.

We know their CEOs - the ones that *actually messed up* the launch by pushing it forward - they all got bonuses at the end of the year last year to the tune of several million (last article I read said 5-7 million in bonuses each CO) US dollars, regardless of their screwing their own game. Oh, and the devs, the employees that actually made the game - they got bonuses too, ranging from a few hundred - to a few thousand - to I *think* up to 20K (the highest employee bonus I remember reading about - but most of those numbers were 'average employee bonus' of a few thousand dollars).

Take those numbers to mean what you will about the game, the company, or the industry. I'm not here making a call on that - just saying these are the numbers we DO know. Right now.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Do you guys think they will keep working on the game until it's what they wanted it to be? Supposedly the Devs felt they needed 1-2 more years to finish it.

I know playing the complete game a second time will not compare to playing it the first time, but I really wanna' play the finalised version that was meant to be closer to an RPG, with reputations and meaningful factions.

Also

https://www.reddit.com/r/LowSodiumCy...ack_to_top_10/

Seems CDPR is having a good time this month

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys think they will keep working on the game until it's what they wanted it to be?
    No.

This Forbes article lays out how far "behind schedule" they are (compared to the Witcher 3).

But they're also catastrophically behind on sales. The Witcher 3 sold about 28 million copies by April 2019. It's up to 50 million now. Cyberpunk 2077 has sold 13.7 million copies, so, yeah, halfsies.

CDPR is a good company. But their slow start is crippling their plans for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    No.

This Forbes article lays out how far "behind schedule" they are (compared to the Witcher 3).

But they're also catastrophically behind on sales. The Witcher 3 sold about 28 million copies by April 2019. It's up to 50 million now. Cyberpunk 2077 has sold 13.7 million copies, so, yeah, halfsies.

CDPR is a good company. But their slow start is crippling their plans for the game.
    That's a weird comparison given that the game came out in 2015. It looks like it sold around 10 million copies in its first year which would put Cyberpunk significantly ahead of that. Probably still behind where it needs to be relative to investment, but yeah, it took Witcher 3 four more years to get to where they're saying.

No.

Holy moly that is quite a mindboggingly stupid take. Are you seriously comparing the sales of a game that's been out for a little over half a year to a game that's been out for, at the time, four years? The mental leaps you must have taken here should warrant you a spot in the olympics.

No.

Wasn't the 13.7M million figures taken from close to release? It's been months now and the game definitely has kept selling since, especially when it's discounted like right now. Plus TW3 got those figures after 4 years of said discounts and with 2 DLCs added, so the comparison hardly seems fair.

DLC for Cyberpunk is definitely coming much slower, but that's a given considering how many things they have to fix this time around. I don't think the poor release crippled their plans for the game in the more immediate terms, but they are apparently already shelving the multiplayer component that was supposed to release later (thank fuck) and it's possible that they'll move on from it earlier than originally intended, but I have no doubt they're cooking up 1 or 2 DLCs at least, for all its bad press it's still a game that sold very well and the news of additional content + fixes will bring enough players back to justify support methinks.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    That's a weird comparison
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Holy moly that is quite a mindboggingly stupid take.
    Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Wasn't the 13.7M million figures taken from close to release?
    Weeks. And apparently nearly none have sold since.

Meanwhile The Witcher 3 continues to sell higher and higher amounts.

Seems kind of relevant, doesn't it?

Hmm.

So you're sticking with the idea that comparing sales numbers over half a year with 4 years is valid. Okay.

Hmm.

well would you look at that. Cyberpunk is still a "top seller" on Steam. That would imply that Cyberpunk "continues to sell higher and higher amounts".

Your argument is shit and I honestly hope you will realise that some time in the future.

Having finally picked this up a few weeks ago, I enjoyed the crap out of it (Over 150 hours so far, 2 playthroughs).

IMO all the continued hate it keeps getting is overblown. Did it have a really abysmal release? Sure, can't argue that. I guess some features that were promised aren't present, I didn't follow it's production so I have no idea what those were. People complain about bugs and crashes, In my hours playing I have only had ONE CTD, and not a single game breaking bug (Small bugs here and there, but nothing worse than other open world games I've played).

My biggest complaint about the game is not being rewarded for exploring and finding to many locked doors that can't be opened.

So for someone like me, that didn't sleep,eat, and breathe it's development cycle; It is a fun game that has brought me many hours of enjoyment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    well would you look at that. Cyberpunk is still a "top seller" on Steam.
    I'm not sure what "top seller" means. I do know it's #75 played and hasn't been in the top 10 sellers since February. I don't know where the "top seller" is coming from. The game isn't selling.