Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    dont know about putting up crit build log, but last night i was able to nearly match my pre uvls nerf output on paragons with a mastery>=crit build. also ita important now to not run with imp swarm glyph
    I'm so use to Imp Swarm. I'm going to hate to see it go.

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    dont know about putting up crit build log, but last night i was able to nearly match my pre uvls nerf output on paragons with a mastery>=crit build. also ita important now to not run with imp swarm glyph
    I was toying around with the idea of trying this too. Out of curiosity, what stat weights are you using? Or, how much crit/mastery/haste are you set at?

Oh, nevermind, I looked up your armory. 30% crit, that's about what I was thinking.... I could push a lot higher, but then give up too much mastery.
    Last edited by Zilthy; 2013-10-01 at 04:27 PM.

anybody tryd to cheese malkorok with doom with 100% crit on dummys (10 dummys i think), and port with circle on the bridge ahead of the boss?

I'm going to try the crit built tonight. Any suggestions on what number I should aim for? Presently I'm at 27%.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    anybody tryd to cheese malkorok with doom with 100% crit on dummys (10 dummys i think), and port with circle on the bridge ahead of the boss?
    Everyone?

Played demo on thok 2x weeks ago...to a world top 10 parse. Did aff last week. Tried demo on h.thok and despite playing nearly flawlessly it wasn't doing much more than about 250K max when I could do 300K+ on post agony nerf aff. I feel 100% confident that demo is obscenely overnerfed. Interesting since Greg's rhetoric spews about not wanting to overnerf things yet he or his team did precisely that.

Right now all I can say for demo is its a nice leveling spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went back to UVLS last night, you can still get some good damage, its just way less reliable. Maybe with a pair or T16 trinkets you get something back, I don't know. But that for me is the real issue, things were RNG before, nerfing the trinket this way just makes that worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    I feel 100% confident that demo is obscenely overnerfed. Interesting since Greg's rhetoric spews about not wanting to overnerf things yet he or his team did precisely that.
    I have played it post nerf on a few fights and I don't think that it is in a terrible spot, especially compared to a 15% nerfed agony affliction. The only thing I don't like is how thin the fury feels when you are using it for AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    I have played it post nerf on a few fights and I don't think that it is in a terrible spot, especially compared to a 15% nerfed agony affliction. The only thing I don't like is how thin the fury feels when you are using it for AoE.
    That's symptomatic of Void Ray cost more than anything.

If the aoe comes out too quickly too often like on h shamans sometimes it feels thin, but I've just been going meta for every other geyser and that seems to take care of the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

Yeah tried demo for bats last night (h.thok) to help get them down faster (despite lower overall dmg vs post agony nerf aff) and it didn't do as much as a good SB:SS into SS spam through the bats....kinda depressing. Granted DF went poof like money in vegas but it feels like its just waaaay overdone. Void ray needs to be like a dark chain lightning for its cost. Right now it falls squarely into one of those "trap" spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Yeah tried demo for bats last night (h.thok) to help get them down faster (despite lower overall dmg vs post agony nerf aff) and it didn't do as much as a good SB:SS into SS spam through the bats....kinda depressing. Granted DF went poof like money in vegas but it feels like its just waaaay overdone. Void ray needs to be like a dark chain lightning for its cost. Right now it falls squarely into one of those "trap" spells.
    SB:SoC on a bat, SoC a bat, then SB:SS a set of dots on and immediately Soul Swap to inhale the dots. You've just inhaled a full set of dots and two seeds, tab through and repeat.

Deleted
    Is the tier bonuses affected AoE rotation in any way? Not quite sure how many targets Hellfire requires to be useful. I was thinking of using Soul Fire to gain fury when Fiery Wrath procs (20% damage increase), pop into meta and use Immolation Aura and then spam ToC for a chance of chaos wave to proc. But also feels a bit risky with the 20% and 8% proc chance.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatTM View Post
    I'm going to try the crit built tonight. Any suggestions on what number I should aim for? Presently I'm at 27%.
    I am going with what the above person mentioned of mastery >= crit. In otherwords, pushing my crit up, as long as my mastery does not fall below. I *could* hit 40%+ crit right now, but that would drop mastery too low, and then raw meta damage would suffer.

I haven't fully made up my mind on this yet, but, it is getting closer to pre-nerf damage, although I am sure part of that was picking up my two piece and weaving that in and out.

Was the fel flame vs. shadow bolt debate put to rest?

I believe the rather speedy nerf to FF's mana cost solved it, didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I believe the rather speedy nerf to FF's mana cost solved it, didn't it?
    For Destro yeah. I believe it's only a minimal loss for Demo (if it is even one)

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    . I believe it's only a minimal loss for Demo (if it is even one)
    Assuming at 8097 hasterating + raidbuffed: is FF best used as a filler with no hasteprocs up? And with the Metaproc / hero SB takes over as a filler?

Quote Originally Posted by Decrepitate View Post
    Assuming at 8097 hasterating + raidbuffed: is FF best used as a filler with no hasteprocs up? And with the Metaproc / hero SB takes over as a filler?
    Probably? I'm not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Replacing Shadow Bolt when you don't have a haste proc up (Bloodlust, Tempus Repit, Berserking) drops my dps from 349k to 341k in sims. So no, under most situations you shouldn't replace Shadow Bolt with Fel Flame. That said however, that is a very small dps loss for movement and basically means you should never ever take KjC as demo.

Now that I have free time again (woo progression being over) I am going to spend some time updating the OP as much as I can to bring people up to speed on Post-UVLS / 5.4 Demo. This spec isn't even close to dead, but I have a feeling most people are trying to play it wrong.