Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at Jin'Rokh, it's the only fight I really have experience with.
    Are you getting everybuff possible and potting in the first pool for huge diseases? Your disease damage should be higher.
    Soul Reaper. 1 time. Bring that up a bunch.
    Are you festerblighting?
    AMS more for more RP/denying Ionization.
    Why'd you Plague Strike twice?
    Did you Gargoyle? You only used your Eng this once as well.
    (If you are doing festerblight) how are you using Festering on Death Runes? Are you using SS when you can afford it on Death Runes and when your trinkets proc and your diseases wont fall off?
    Last edited by Jack Bauer; 2013-06-05 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
    Looking at Jin'Rokh, it's the only fight I really have experience with.
    Are you getting everybuff possible and potting in the first pool for huge diseases? Your disease damage should be higher.
    Soul Reaper. 1 time. Bring that up a bunch.
    Are you festerblighting?
    AMS more for more RP/denying Ionization.
    Why'd you Plague Strike twice?
    Did you Gargoyle? You only used your Eng this once as well.
    (If you are doing festerblight) how are you using Festering on Death Runes? Are you using SS when you can afford it on Death Runes and when your trinkets proc and your diseases wont fall off?
    Im still trying to figure out the whole normal rotation vs. festerblight thing. I never know when to go full festerblight and when not to. Also working on how often to festerstrike to get my disease time up.

Soul Reaper was definitely lacking, I actually made a change later in raid to make sure I wasn't forgetting about it, that was definitely a problem and I could still get better at it.

I was AMS'ing every Ionization (we only had 2).

Yeah definitely used Garg, fight only lasted 3min 22sec though.

I've been having a lot of trouble with engie gloves, I can't get a good working weak aura for it, when I was frost I just macro'd with Pillar of Frost and had PoF as a weak aura so I was a lot better with that, I definitely have to change that though.

Thanks for all the advice, a lot of it was definitely things I already knew I needed to work on but you definitely pushed me to figure that out faster. The biggest problem I'm having is on fights with a lot of target switching, like Megaera, not sure the best playstyle for fights like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mootykins View Post
    Im still trying to figure out the whole normal rotation vs. festerblight thing. I never know when to go full festerblight and when not to. Also working on how often to festerstrike to get my disease time up.

Soul Reaper was definitely lacking, I actually made a change later in raid to make sure I wasn't forgetting about it, that was definitely a problem and I could still get better at it.

I was AMS'ing every Ionization (we only had 2).

Yeah definitely used Garg, fight only lasted 3min 22sec though.

I've been having a lot of trouble with engie gloves, I can't get a good working weak aura for it, when I was frost I just macro'd with Pillar of Frost and had PoF as a weak aura so I was a lot better with that, I definitely have to change that though.

Thanks for all the advice, a lot of it was definitely things I already knew I needed to work on but you definitely pushed me to figure that out faster. The biggest problem I'm having is on fights with a lot of target switching, like Megaera, not sure the best playstyle for fights like that.
    Prob basic things that you already know but:

1.) get a disease tracking addon like dkdots or dkdiseases it helps a bunch with tracking power gains.
    2.) don't over extend diseases "festerblight style" if you think you'll be re-applying them soon due to a feather proc not going off on the pull or whatever. On the same note don't be afraid to re-apply diseases with outbreak when they're more powerful.
    3.) I made a macro button that basically looked like pillar of frost for synapse springs -.-
    4.) festerblight is awesome when the encounter (or the way your raid do it) allows it but for target switching fights with numerous adds you can't go wrong with rolling blood. Just get as many blood boils in as you can when the feather procs.
    5.) use soul reaper as much as possible.
    6.) a lot of classes can outshine us on heroic modes... Warlocks and rogues especially - don't get downhearted :-p

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys,

I would like some help with my DPS please, it just feels a bit off.

Here are my logs from Jin'Rokh to Megaera: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/gvn05v1tuck3n0f6/

My inventory is as follows, note however that during that raid I was wearing a 522 bracer/wrist and not the current upgraded Thunderforged one in my link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ramun/advanced

Tell me what I can improve on thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by du4no View Post
    Hi guys,

I would like some help with my DPS please, it just feels a bit off.

Here are my logs from Jin'Rokh to Megaera: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/gvn05v1tuck3n0f6/

My inventory is as follows, note however that during that raid I was wearing a 522 bracer/wrist and not the current upgraded Thunderforged one in my link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ramun/advanced

Tell me what I can improve on thanks!
    Your gear is ok but you miss the leg enchant.
    On jin'rokh everything seems ok, you just need a better trinket to get diseases damage up.
    On horridon your dps on trolls phases seems a bit low: I see you're spreading diseases but you're not using SR at all, use it on every add that's below 35% health (even if it doesn't proc the damage you'll get haste buff).
    On council your damage seems ok, if you are not tunnelling Sul your damage will suffer because you're moving all around the room.
    On tortos you used only 7 times SR, even if you are damaging bats you can SR on boss.
    On megaera seems ok, try to dot both heads to raise your dps (even if the dps on the head you're not going to kill it's completely wasted).

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    Your gear is ok but you miss the leg enchant.
    On jin'rokh everything seems ok, you just need a better trinket to get diseases damage up.
    On horridon your dps on trolls phases seems a bit low: I see you're spreading diseases but you're not using SR at all, use it on every add that's below 35% health (even if it doesn't proc the damage you'll get haste buff).
    On council your damage seems ok, if you are not tunnelling Sul your damage will suffer because you're moving all around the room.
    On tortos you used only 7 times SR, even if you are damaging bats you can SR on boss.
    On megaera seems ok, try to dot both heads to raise your dps (even if the dps on the head you're not going to kill it's completely wasted).
    Yeah, sorry, I got that leg piece after I posted and haven't enchanted it yet.

Thanks for the feedback and I will take that into account, I think a factor to my DPS being low is that I am mainly a clicker - please do not hate me.

I am trying to learn key bindings, but haven't yet found how to position which buttons where on the keyboard yet.

EDIT: Regarding the trinket, nothing has dropped in our raid yet, so yeah I may be having that for a while, unless the feather trinket from Jikun drops tonight and I win the roll.
    Last edited by du4no; 2013-06-06 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted
    Ok, thanks for the feedback Italiandk, I really appreciate it

Yours Yodai
    Last edited by mmoc3f44588661; 2013-06-07 at 03:45 PM.

Brief question; It sims higher but is the 2/2 Normal Spark of Zandalar better then a 2/2 Relic of Xuen? The uptime seems kinda suspect.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    Brief question; It sims higher but is the 2/2 Normal Spark of Zandalar better then a 2/2 Relic of Xuen? The uptime seems kinda suspect.
    Guessing so, would suck for a festerblight-type playstyle though unless you're popping your second pot once it trolls you up. With some fights just not being very festerblight-friendly you could always just swap between the two trinkets depending on encounter.

Gut instinct says spark will just be better in general though, you'll likely gain more from the non-disease based damage over the course of the fight.
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-06-07 at 03:41 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    More then likely spark. Relic may give more disease damage when it stacks with everything and relic doesn't, but you have to keep in mind you're doing more damage then just your diseases.

Question

Hi all,

I had a quick question around weapon choice for throne of thunder heroic progression keeping in mind with 5.3 Blizzard reintroduced the item upgrade vendors.

Is a Heroic Thunderforged Zerat, Malakk's Soulburning GreatSword (541 ilvl, 549 with 2/2 upgrades) really a worthy upgrade from a Normal Thunderforged Uroe, Harbinger of Terror (528ilvl, 536 with 2/2 upgrades) specifically for Orc and which one would be best for progression towards a Heroic Lei Shen kill? A quick look at the Sims indicates a 1% overall damage increase on a patchwork fight????

Keeping in mind:
    Item upgrade vendors to increase ilvl of weapons by 8 ilvls
    Bonus expertise for Orc from Axes (1% - New cap at 2210 rating)

My notes and ideas:
    At first glance you could say hell yes, on ilvl alone its 13 levels more how is it not such a massive upgrade.
    However from conducting my own sims, theory crafting and testing I can see that it looks like it's only reporting around approx. 1% overall damage increase from using the Heroic Thunderforged GreatSword over a Normal Thunderforged Uroe.
    According to my Sims there is a significant increase in damage from using Zaret:
    Source Strike (+5%)
    Festering Strike (+6%)
    Plague Strike Hit (+5.5%)
    White damage (+6%)

However all shadow abilities take a hit:
    Soul Reaper (-0.4%)
    Death and Decay (-3%)
    Death Coil (-2.5%)
    Gargoyle Strike (Pet DMG -2%)
    Blood Plague Ticks

Let's not forget that after reforging Zaret has approx. 866 of wasted hit rating.

Between Zerat and Uroe I've noticed some minor fluctuations of my Haste and Crit rating (approx. +-300 rating) however there is a significant increase of 790 mastery on my paper doll using Uroe over Zaret, which equates for me to almost a 4% Mastery bonus.

I know Mastery is one of our least priority secondary stats however but to have a 4% increase to shadow damage increase seems too much to pass up on by using a 549 ilvl sword as Orc.

Are there any tips or suggestions you could provide regarding this question?

I've included some recent Sims of 2 kills which using NTF Uroe ranked very high:
    Code:
    25M Heroic Council: worldoflogs.com/reports/u0ngtsen9p88xktv/sum/damageDone/?s=3271&e=3668#Darthgrim
    25M Heroic Durumu: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-40j87s3iddemjqlk/sum/damageDone/?s=10227&e=10680#Darthgrim

For more details on my toon and current gear set see: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/caelestrasz/darthgrim/simple
    I hope this questions is suitable for this topic, sorry if my maths is not very good, I'm not amazing at this stuff, but I feel like I have enough to be very capable in raids and performing at a high level.

Cheers,

Darthgrim

Deleted
    Yeah, sorry, I got that leg piece after I posted and haven't enchanted it yet.

Thanks for the feedback and I will take that into account, I think a factor to my DPS being low is that I am mainly a clicker - please do not hate me.

I am trying to learn key bindings, but haven't yet found how to position which buttons where on the keyboard yet.

EDIT: Regarding the trinket, nothing has dropped in our raid yet, so yeah I may be having that for a while, unless the feather trinket from Jikun drops tonight and I win the roll.
    Oh well, so the real problem is that you're clicking

---------- Post added 2013-06-07 at 10:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yodai View Post
    Here is my logs jinrokh to magaera worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xipu345gdmiy8g2t/sum/damageDone/

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Chrissan/advanced
    With your actual trinkets it's a bit difficult and not so rewarding to play Festerblight.
    On ji'nrokh you reapplied diseases while on the pool? DoTs seems pretty weak, also you need to raise your SR usage.
    On horridon, don't forget to dot Horridon everytime you have outbreak off CD and on transition phases; raise your SR usage; save AotD for last phase.
    On council, if you are not tunnelling a single boss don't go Festerblight; spread diseases when there is more than 1 councillor in range or dot one of them if they are not in "melee range" but they are in "Outbreak range"; raise your SR usage.
    On tortos you are doing low damage on bats, probably because you switch too late or probably because you want to spread diseases from boss to them (but it doesn't work), raise your SR usage.

YOU MUST USE SR ON CD WHEN THE BOSS IS UNDER 35% HEALTH (45% when you'll have 4p bonus) so focus on boss' frame or get an addon to remind you to use SR on CD.

---------- Post added 2013-06-07 at 10:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grakthanar View Post
    I hope this questions is suitable for this topic, sorry if my maths is not very good, I'm not amazing at this stuff, but I feel like I have enough to be very capable in raids and performing at a high level.

Cheers,

Darthgrim
    I think you got already your answer: sword > axe for about 1-2k dps on patchwerk fight. But that means on AOE fights (Horridon, Tortos if you kill bats, etc) that difference will be even smaller.

If you were Frost there was no doubts but you are Unholy, and that's another story. I'd say stick with the axe.
    Last edited by mmocc39afa2be3; 2013-06-07 at 08:51 AM.

Alright I have just one more log for you guys to look at. This is from H Primordius. Diseases were kept up entire time, and I was able to get my second fully mutated fairly quickly.

From my perspective I thought I played it pretty well, though looks like I could have had more SR again. Still looking for some more advice, was lowest on the meter.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vz...?s=7334&e=7701

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...otykins/simple

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mootykins

Try frost for primo, you'll see a dps increase as there is currently a pet bug with primo.

Why is your SS usage so low?
    That's all I can really see, I haven't done the fight on heroic so I couldn't compare it to what I've done.

Mootykins

Try frost for primo, you'll see a dps increase as there is currently a pet bug with primo.

That's all I can really see, I haven't done the fight on heroic so I couldn't compare it to what I've done.
    I was FS'ing so I had enough time on my diseases when I had to leave the boss to get fully mutated again. Once I got back on the boss the second time though I stopped over-using FS.

Two other questions I have.
    I'm currently using Heroic TF Spark as I've been waiting for a Rage to drop forever, I'm assuming my HTF Spark is still better than the VP trinket, right?

Also, I've been looking at a lot of top UH DKs (Method, Blood Legion, Duality, etc.) and most of them skip their 4pc entirely. Seeing as I'm WAY over hit (12%) this might seem like a good choice, anyone have any experience with this?

Edit: I wasn't aware of a pet bug on Primordius, what is it?
    Last edited by Mootykins; 2013-06-07 at 05:01 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mootykins

He is trying to better DPS with Unholy, so telling him to completely change spec negates what he needs entirely and is a very silly suggestion.

That is like saying to someone asking how to tank on a Warrior and then replying with "tank with a DK/Monk/Druid instead"

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    He is trying to better DPS with Unholy, so telling him to completely change spec negates what he needs entirely and is a very silly suggestion.

That is like saying to someone asking how to tank on a Warrior and then replying with "tank with a DK/Monk/Druid instead"
    How is that a silly suggestion? I was suggesting he played a superior spec for 1 fight due to it having pet bug involving the Primo damage reduction debuff. They have the same stat priority and similar playstyles. You act as if I'm telling him to swap to frost for every fight.

But that's off-topic.
    Last edited by Jack Bauer; 2013-06-08 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mootykins View Post
    Alright I have just one more log for you guys to look at. This is from H Primordius. Diseases were kept up entire time, and I was able to get my second fully mutated fairly quickly.

From my perspective I thought I played it pretty well, though looks like I could have had more SR again. Still looking for some more advice, was lowest on the meter.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vz...?s=7334&e=7701

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...otykins/simple
    I have a 90-100k difference between the normal and the heroic version of that encounter, if you're dedicated to doing "well" then act as a blood killer for the group since your damage will be low on the boss. If you can't do that, then go Frost, it's probably the only encounter in the raid that supports Frost better than Unh.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Hello everyone.
    I seem to be having a problem with my dps.Curently i am playing masterfrost but as i can see other DKs with worse gear or eqqual with mine do a lot better than me.
    Here is my armory link http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...antis/advanced
    And here is one of my Logs from horridon HC(there are other logs in there too) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...?s=8210&e=8967
    Please check out if you can find what i am doing wrong.
    Thanks in advance
    Chris.

Deleted
    I don't see anything plain wrong, you should have used more SR on council and tortos and more PoF on all bosses beside tortos but that's it.