Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I got a 630 helm today 167str, 103 mastery, 116 multistrike. Is this better than the MC helm (184 str, 139 crit, 93 haste) for unholy?

and is there an easy way to calculate this myself?

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by MBZ View Post
    I got a 630 helm today 167str, 103 mastery, 116 multistrike. Is this better than the MC helm (184 str, 139 crit, 93 haste) for unholy?

and is there an easy way to calculate this myself?

Thanks guys!
    Using single-target stat weights I calculated with SimCraft on my gear last week, the answer is yes. Your stat weights are probably not terribly far off, and the gap would only increase when factoring in AoE situations, so I would say the answer is probably yes for you as well. The easiest way to calculate it is to set up SimCraft appropriately and run it against your own gear to obtain personalized stat weights.

str = 5.34
    mult = 2.58
    mast = 2.38
    crit = 1.79
    haste = 1.45

[630 helm] (167 * 5.34) + (103 * 2.38) + (116 * 2.58) = 1436.2
    [MC helm] (184 * 5.34) + (139 * 1.79) + (93 * 1.45) = 1366.22

Deleted
    Nice, thanks!

If you're going to go through the effort of simcraft anyways, you can just add in your profile, run it. Then log back into the game, change the piece you wana change and then log off, add your new profile and run that as well. Will show you in a faster timeframe what's better.

That's with turning scaling off, so you won't see the why it's better but you can see the average damage increase. Weights can be run after if you really want them.

Deleted
    I finally put my ass into it to get some logs done. Im struggling with my dps at the moment and follow the priority list and rotation like a slave. Using uh and death runes on SS, frost and blood on FS and trying to use defile when it is off cd. This log was on Imperator (normal) and i still think my dps is kind of shitty.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rJ7HZ2n18GYDfdmQ
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...retaget/simple

Deleted
    Am I doing something wrong or does DK just suck ass at the moment?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=24
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...udzdk/advanced

UH DK 640ilvl on Heroic Impertor Mar'gok, pulling 17-18k DPS on a good try! Bottom of the meter. Not scum bagging, doing what im suppose to do! I am going to try Multi-strike over Mastery for next raid, however this alone should not make up for 3-4k DPS.

From what I can see my logs look almost identical to the guy above. I think DK just suck lol
    Last edited by mmoc281c52b070; 2014-12-10 at 02:12 AM.

Unholy 648 Dk. I am looking for some advice on how to maximize my Unholy Dps. I am pushing around 17-18k for most fights and would really like to learn how to push into the 20k+ range. I know I am probably missing a lot so any help would be greatly appreciated.

ww w.worldoflogs.com/reports/lkvx7vxnd1gxrkdl/details/23/?s=1142&e=1377

u s.battle.net/wow/en/character/skywall/Verinos/simple

I am new to the board, so it will not allow me to post as links. Thanks again!

Deleted
    Distribution doesn't seem all that bad. Comparing your log against others on the same fight at a similar duration seems you could do with sticking to the boss a bit more for more melee swings.

Also your pet seems to do less damage than others. Try to stick him on the bosses/where the adds spawn to reduce movement time. You're losing a lot of damage across all your pet's abilities compared to this log:

warcraftlogs.com/reports/XQJAjyWKn3hzmNTb#fight=8&type=damage-done&source=18

Yep -- your pet didn't do any damage to the mages. That's the problem. He's probably bugging out in the middle somewhere. Bind Pet Attack to a key!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EMMERICH View Post
    Distribution doesn't seem all that bad. Comparing your log against others on the same fight at a similar duration seems you could do with sticking to the boss a bit more for more melee swings.

Also your pet seems to do less damage than others. Try to stick him on the bosses/where the adds spawn to reduce movement time. You're losing a lot of damage across all your pet's abilities compared to this log:

warcraftlogs.com/reports/XQJAjyWKn3hzmNTb#fight=8&type=damage-done&source=18
    That was in response to Chudz.
    Last edited by mmocd46ca9ee54; 2014-12-10 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chudz View Post

UH DK 640ilvl on Heroic Impertor Mar'gok, pulling 17-18k DPS on a good try! Bottom of the meter. Not scum bagging, doing what im suppose to do! I am going to try Multi-strike over Mastery for next raid, however this alone should not make up for 3-4k DPS.

From what I can see my logs look almost identical to the guy above. I think DK just suck lol
    Your disease up time is low, both under 90%
    As you mentioned you need to re-gem/re-enchant towards multistrike
    You do have quite a bit of gear with crit or haste, so you could be itemized better

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chudz View Post

Also, your ilvl is a lot lower than everybody else. One of them even beats you by 16ilvls.

Deleted
    Thanks for ripping that log apart I will try and manage my pet better and get the uptime higher on dots. I think they fell off due to all the moving from add to add especially in the last transition phase.

Deleted
    Hello ,
    iam newbie in unholy DK - please can someone check my char and tell me what i do wrong ? or if the mechanics of my rotation is good just the equip is terrible ( no drop for me from raid boss :/ )

warcraftlogs.com/reports/wFLm43Jg7hdvRrfB#type=damage-done&source=2
    e u.battle.net/wow/en/character/wildhammer/Giliead/simple

Tried on raiding dummy - in this moment a can get here about 12K with only horn of winter . I dont know if its good or bad. I read some forum about UH DK . Keep disease all time ( now iam about 94% of fight - there is place where i can do some improve ) - today i want go raid with this spec.

from my view i do same rotation like on noxicc or icy veins ,but i dont know if i do it right .

sorry for links but iam newbie on MMO :/
    Thanks alot for your help !

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Malice/simple
    Spec: 2H Frost
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=21 (Butcher on Normal, guildie forgot to log heroic)
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I've seen the recent sims and I know 2H Frost should be doing more damage than this. I'm much more used to DW but this game refuses to give me 1h weapons. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I know a lot of my KM procs are getting wasted, even though I do my best not to waste them, but sometimes I get the proc *right when* I hit Frost Strike. It's infuriating. Is there anything else I'm screwing up?

Hello guys, I'd like to know if my DPS on Twin Ogron Normal is low or not. I feel like I'm doing low. The 2nd guy who is a guardian druid, was feral on this fight. He still had some guardian gear on him but still he almost got me there. Not sure if he did good or I did bad. By the time we killed Twin Ogron, I had 648 ilvl which is now 649. I also used outbreak on cd on the other twin since they were too far away from each other that I couldn't spread my dots with blood boil. Any help would be much appreciated! You can also check my other fights in the log and tell me your ideas.

The log: worldoflogs.com/reports/s6xx57mopu64zf4m/analyze/dd/source/?s=8245&e=8663
    Armory Link: e u.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Letrus/advanced

Since I'm new on the forums, it won't let me post any links.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedJackal View Post
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I've seen the recent sims and I know 2H Frost should be doing more damage than this. I'm much more used to DW but this game refuses to give me 1h weapons. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I know a lot of my KM procs are getting wasted, even though I do my best not to waste them, but sometimes I get the proc *right when* I hit Frost Strike. It's infuriating. Is there anything else I'm screwing up?
    The first thing that comes to mind: there are not enough multistrike and versatility stats on your gear. I can agree that you can substitute versatility with mastery to some extent, so you're better suited for dual-wield combat in the future, but multistrike _must_ be your highest secondary stat as you will get more Killing Machine procs in return. To fix this I would get three pieces of crafted gear with multistrike/versatility(mastery) to change the pieces with Critical Strike/other less needed stats (bracers, gloves, pants in your case).
    I would also consider purchasing Scabbard of Kyanos as it is in my opinion the BIS trinket right now for a Frost DK.

I would not worry a lot about wasting KM procs on FS instead of Obliterate (unless you purposely use them on FS), as waiting for KM proc while you have runes ready to cast Obliterate, will result in dealing less damage in the end. You might want to wait for KM procs, if you have all your runes depleted and you're at less than 75 rune power.

As a last thought you might consider replacing Blood Tap with Runic Empowerment if you feel overwhelmed by the rotation and tracking cooldowns. It is in theory the small downgrade, but in many cases it results in higher dps as it makes the rotation much easier.

Deleted
    Hey,

I'm long time warrior who have changed into DK recently. It seems I haven't yet grasped how Unholy is played and I'm quite astonished how much there is need for micromanaging on Unholy. I changed Runic Corruption to Blood Tap and it feels much smoother now. Still I have problem with single target and AoE figts.

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Asdistaja/advanced
    Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/h3RaygHNCb694qnk/#type=damage-done&graph=true&source=28

What makes me confused is that I got new weapon from Imperator and still got almost same damage values to heroic Butcher as on last week. I mean shouldn't my damage go up big time when changing 630 heroic weapon to 655 normal raid weapon? We didn't kill Butcher last week, but fight ended in berserk and I had around 19k DPS which same as in kill today.

I have been making some research already and I think my biggest fail points are how to control runes when you need them on specific abilities like Soul Reaper and Defile. When those abilities are coming from cooldown sometimes I use Scourge Strike resulting no unholy runes. Do you see anything else worth noting? At the moment DKs should be top 5 DPS spec and I'm struggling to get even stable 20k DPS. This feels extremely disappointing. Anyways thanks in advance.

Long time lurker. First time struggling with dps. Something is wrong and I am not 100 percent sure what, besides perhaps not fully understanding all of the fights. Only did 34k on Kargath Mythic last night aoeing like crazy.

Armory:us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Hulie/simple[/URL]
    Spec: Unholy
    World of Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/tjYfBn4McGKyaCvP[/URL]
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): My dps is drastically below my sim. I am sure I am not using Soul Reaper to cheese enough, on adds, but other than that I cannot figure out why I am not coming close to my sim.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hwhet/advanced:
    Frost:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=21:
    My sim dps is 23k I am pulling 16-20k any ideas on what Im doing wrong ? my opener is army about 8 sec before pull (to refresh runes about 1/2 way pillar and str pot. then on pull outbreak, defile. :

Deleted
    I wonder what gear is better for my dk? ilvl 655 gear with mastery or ilvl 630 with multistrike?

Deleted
    ilvl 655 everyday allday over 630, no matter stats.