Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    (I would love to do a Tempest Rush spec, but it costs waaaay too much money)
    It doesn't man. Or well, it might be way too much for your standards and not mine, having gotten lucky with drops etc. and having quite a fair bit of cash to spend, but honestly, I think I could make a mp1 capable TR monk (given you'd have to do 2 swoops for most mobs, but it's better to do that on 1 than do 1 swoop on zero, imo) with like 40-50m gold. Depends on prices obviously and you being US with me on EU may also mean that differs a lot and I'm not aware of it but the only two "big" purchases should be a decent SoJ and a decent skorn.

The thing that makes TR so expensive is the fact everyone assumes you need a lifesteal skorn for sustainability when you really don't. If I had one I could probably drop One with Everything which quite a few highly effective monk farmers I know do but with it I honestly don't ever feel the need to have any LS on mp1 - my skorn has like 1320~ DPS, 350 or something dex and almost 4k life on kill and cost me 1 million gold (which admittedly was dirty cheap, sniped at 1d11h, but I'm sure you can find similar ones for 5-10m~ if you look actively). That along with 7 radius and +12k globe bonus (from a single piece) and the passive gives me more healing than I could ever need for TRing mp1 effectively. You can also find a decent 2+ spirit/sec SoJ for 10~ million, granted it won't get you one with sweeping winds damage which is a shame (mine has high FoT damage for when I'm doing ubers) but it still does the job, even better if it has holy damage to synch with inna's belt, or if that's too expensive go for poison and buy zunnimassa boots or something (bought a pair with 190~ dex, 50~ vit and 60~ lightning res for like 2 million).

The rest is pretty cheap nowadays, can get low-end 4/4 inna's for what, 15 million? The 4 set is the whole point anyway so it's no biggie if they're not amazing. You can get a good amulet/glove combo with CC and CD and possibly high dex to bump up the damage a bit for like a mil each and then the other slots aren't ever too important. Obviously your damage won't be super high, hence the double swoop to kill mobs in TR, but I can guarantee you'll have a much better time than playing with 2 1handers (a playstyle which I also prefer, but does not compare at all to how effective TR is).

Edit: I realize 50m might not be something you just come across and all that but you've been playing for a long time, surely you've farmed more than 50m over the course of that.
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2013-01-14 at 10:07 PM.

D3 = crit chance + crit damage + weapon damage.

As long as they don't change that...meh. Why did they nerf the crap out of attack speed again?
    Too basic for my taste. But I liked it back then (wd)

Ya, still haven't fixed the WD, so I still wont play this. Until I am allowed to have 15+ pets at one time like the good Ol Necro I refuse to play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    This is the defining factor of ARPG. Unless they are ever increasing the difficulty and level of the drops, ala MMO gear treadmills, the game is what it is. I don't understand what you want. You don't want it to stay the same, but you don't want them introducing a few new items or elements to gameplay.
    If you had read what I explained above you should have been able to see that I'm asking for more content on the horizontal plane that in extension allows you to improve your gear (with the offset of it being bound as you do).

I'd hardly call bringing jewelry in line with every other piece of gear in the game anything drastic. Likewise, the rings aren't any better than most other rings, just with the added benefit of the +exp. Additionally, these new craftable items will have higher primary stats at the expense of what...possibly all the other stats, on top of set bonuses that you lose, money it takes to craft, etc. In all essence, the crafting system in D3 is a gambling mechanic that is used in other ARPGs.
    Jewelery with level 63 affixes instead of level 61 affixes makes the world of difference, I wasn't only talking about the Hellfire ring. The new craftables will be able to roll higher set amounts of a primary stat while still being 6 affix items, the only items that could compete would be current set items with the highest set of affixes rolled and using the set bonuses.

I don't see any of these changes drastically shifting the power of players or their gear like you seem to fear it will. I agree that several times in the past they clearly did that, with the IAS nerf and whatever else, but this is just layering content. It's dropping more potential ways to get across the field, but the end is still the same.
    6 new cratable items that will surely be BiS with the top 1% rares and set pieces, no they won't change the value of gear at all...nor change the goal post for people who planned their gearing goals months ago...

What you have you earned, it got you where you are. What you've sold, you've collected money for already. Going forward everyone is affected equally so it should be a non issue.
    You know it doesn't work that way, if I spent 1000 hours getting what I have now and spent every bit of gold on that gear set that gets devalued I lost out, if you spent 1000 hours just collecting gold you're the winner. Much like the differences if you invested heavily in to the stock market and had 9-11 happen every two months or so and investing in gold for the same time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    Nobody buys/sells gear on the RMAH as much as people think. Gold is the number 1 seller on the BMAH. I would venture to say that the selling of gold is the only thing that keeps the RMAH up afloat.
    My Rl friend has made over $500.00 selling Items on the RMAH.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Like MAKING DECENT ITEMS DROP WHEN YOU FARM FOR HOURS AND HOURS /breaks a table -.-
    Dh found a nats chest with disc and 14% spike trap, all is good again Nice to get a usable upgrade.

I think you guys are over analyzing things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    snip
    You need enough Spirit regen to counteract the cost. Which means Stone of Jordan, that amulet I can never remember the name, and 2 regen on Inna's Helm. Outside the already expensive nature of that set, asking for that much regen on the helm is a hefty ask. You need four pieces so Sweeping Wind is cheap. Hell, I think the belt itself is the most expensive, and good luck getting it and the chest with actual defensive stats on it. And you're gonna need a good amount of dps to make up for the fact that Tempest Rush does shitty damage. If you want to constantly die, yes, you can get 4pc Inna's for cheap. And don't get me fucking started on Pickup Radius. I don't know how a stat can be so undesirable but at the same time costing more than anything else, but fuck that shit. Not to mention, I would have to rebuy ALL my gear if I'm going to run something without One With Everything.

So, yes, if I had 100million gold, I could do it.

Deleted
    Honestly, what's so great about this patch?
    The things that benefit me most are increased experience bonus for higher monster power and slightly increased base pickup radius. That's it.
    I will be able to level slightly faster and I will have to walk over gold less than 10 times to pick it up. Awesome...

Crafting will be too random to be profitable for most people, just like the (most of the time) crappy Hellfire Ring.
    I will never get the new highest gem because it's too expensive. Though I guess it's nice that other people have a money sink.

So yeah, I don't see what's so great. There are certainly improvements. But do they honestly believe to lure people back with this? It's too little, too late. AGAIN.
    I guess only an expansion can bring people back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Honestly, what's so great about this patch?
    The things that benefit me most are increased experience bonus for higher monster power and slightly increased base pickup radius. That's it.
    I will be able to level slightly faster and I will have to walk over gold less than 10 times to pick it up. Awesome...

Crafting will be too random to be profitable for most people, just like the (most of the time) crappy Hellfire Ring.
    I will never get the new highest gem because it's too expensive. Though I guess it's nice that other people have a money sink.

So yeah, I don't see what's so great. There are certainly improvements. But do they honestly believe to lure people back with this? It's too little, too late. AGAIN.
    I guess only an expansion can bring people back.
    Those improvements are things that should have been included in the release not patched almost a year later. I`m seriously thinking that we payed for the most expensive beta test. I'm waiting for the PTR before I put a label on the new crafting stuff but I'm more than 90% sure it'll be the same as the hellfire ring, some will get a good roll after 2-3 crafts some will do 150+ and still end up with shitty ones

Quote Originally Posted by Sythan View Post
    Those improvements are things that should have been included in the release not patched almost a year later. I`m seriously thinking that we payed for the most expensive beta test. I'm waiting for the PTR before I put a label on the new crafting stuff but I'm more than 90% sure it'll be the same as the hellfire ring, some will get a good roll after 2-3 crafts some will do 150+ and still end up with shitty ones
    Remember now with 1.07 comes dueling because that is what the people been asking for pvp/dueling.........and yet the game still cost 60$ here in the US.

D3 is a dam train wreck and i really wished they waited to release it and not do it as a filler from cata to mop.

Sorry but no one can tell me different on this i felt D3 was released just to fill in that gap so people would stay subbed but play something else and to slow down the bleeding in subs wow was dealing with at that time.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-14 at 11:56 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

D3 is bad no matter which way you look at it.

10 years from now people will still say how awesome D2 was and what a disappointment D3 is.

They said they changed the item system so certain legendary and runewords wouldnt be the best, they did that and the game sucked completely, everything was a pile of trash.

They fixed the legendary without any logical sense put behind them, only 5 legendary and a few legendary set items are worth it, the rest should just be removed from the game.

Staffs have no existence, Monk weapons have no existence, hell, even DH xbows have no existence because of Manticore and its 2 sockets..Who the hell would wear anything else instead of 100% extra critical damage?

At least in D2 almost every end game ranged was viable, not the best because it wasnt Windforce but i dont remember people saying they didnt wantt a Buriza of Eaglehorn or Lycander's.

Anything that isnt item level 63 is worthless and everything is related to weapon dps.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Harlequ...28Diablo_II%29 example one, level 62 item out of 100 levels.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire_Gaze level 41 and so on so on.

Of course with runewords etc there are better items, but those items above i found both in Nightmare while leveling, the only thing i found in D3 worth mentioning while leveling is absolutely nothing.

Last time i played about two months ago i remember finding this dagger, 600 dps 98% crit damage socket 200 dex 100 vit and 11% attack speed, guess what, vendor trash, why? DPS was 600, not even a good offhand.

At least in D2 the only classes that needed weapon damage were the physical ones that were harder to gear, thats why you always started with a caster to be able to farm, everyone knew that and there wasnt only 1 good weapon that could make you play, there were MANY while in this case.."Oh hi, you want 1 hand at 1300 dps? with crit damage and socket? Oh sorry, they dont drop anymore, AH is blocking drop rates since a few already exist!".
    Last edited by potis; 2013-01-15 at 12:23 AM.

This is the defining factor of ARPG. Unless they are ever increasing the difficulty and level of the drops, ala MMO gear treadmills, the game is what it is. I don't understand what you want. You don't want it to stay the same, but you don't want them introducing a few new items or elements to gameplay.
    Its not the defining feature of ARPGs. You can also have ways to remove gear from the game. Ideas here are hardcore mode, seasons, and granting special skills, stats, or gear if they risk all their gear on their toon to try and complete special events.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hope this patch brings back more people, ah is dead.

I'm looking forward to mp2-3 public games.

Stuff worth crafting will be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychoblu View Post
    Hope this patch brings back more people, ah is dead.

I'm looking forward to mp2-3 public games.

Stuff worth crafting will be nice.
    You have to elaborate on "stuff worth crafting". It will be no more worthwhile to craft than any other gear, unless you can pick and choose the stats or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You have to elaborate on "stuff worth crafting". It will be no more worthwhile to craft than any other gear, unless you can pick and choose the stats or something.
    that 1 guaranteed prime stat...

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    D3 = crit chance + crit damage + weapon damage.

As long as they don't change that...meh. Why did they nerf the crap out of attack speed again?
    Too basic for my taste. But I liked it back then (wd)
    Ostensible because it limited build variety, which is a joke.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Its not the defining feature of ARPGs. You can also have ways to remove gear from the game. Ideas here are hardcore mode, seasons, and granting special skills, stats, or gear if they risk all their gear on their toon to try and complete special events.
    Everything but your last point doesn't change what I said at all. You level and try to perfect your gear. Whether you have to start over because you die, or start over because of seasons, it's still the same goal.

People are deluding themselves if they think this genre has some magical alternate purpose. I could sum it up in a chant: level, level, level, gear, gear, gear

People are deluding themselves if they think this genre has some magical alternate purpose. I could sum it up in a chant: level, level, level, gear, gear, gear
    The gear part can mean so much though, not just the narrow path Blizzard has taken, in extension to widening that aspect of the game you can achieve so much more content wise as a bonus.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    The gear part can mean so much though, not just the narrow path Blizzard has taken, in extension to widening that aspect of the game you can achieve so much more content wise as a bonus.
    I think so too, but see this is where I'll call everyone out on their double standards. They cry for more, then complain and say it's too much like an MMO. When in reality they are basically asking for an ARPGMMO.

I think more things to do in any game is great. Anything that keeps extending the play of something you bought is great. I, unlike people on here, would be fine if they introduced better and better gear with harder challenges like raiding works in MMOs. Most people would ravage their offices wielding pitchforks if that happened.

I'm sure there's a better balance to strike for everyone, but I'm content with the content changes they have given us. Whether it's artificial or not, Paragon was a great idea. MP was a great idea. The keys and infernal machine and the hellfire ring were great ideas.

I think there are other games that show good examples of alternate content paths though. Mapworks in TL2 is one example. Really just adding more maps to farm would make a lot of people a little 'happier' and that doesn't even have to change the gear goals. I'm sure there are other ways to implement similar features, but at the end of the day people just want to feel more powerful.

Most people equate that to getting better gear. The skill system they have doesn't really give room for them to add new abilities, because they are already pretty bad at balancing the ones we have and are probably saving that stuff for an expansion anyways.

I think so too, but see this is where I'll call everyone out on their double standards. They cry for more, then complain and say it's too much like an MMO. When in reality they are basically asking for an ARPGMMO.

I think more things to do in any game is great. Anything that keeps extending the play of something you bought is great. I, unlike people on here, would be fine if they introduced better and better gear with harder challenges like raiding works in MMOs. Most people would ravage their offices wielding pitchforks if that happened.

I'm sure there's a better balance to strike for everyone, but I'm content with the content changes they have given us. Whether it's artificial or not, Paragon was a great idea. MP was a great idea. The keys and infernal machine and the hellfire ring were great ideas.

I think there are other games that show good examples of alternate content paths though. Mapworks in TL2 is one example. Really just adding more maps to farm would make a lot of people a little 'happier' and that doesn't even have to change the gear goals. I'm sure there are other ways to implement similar features, but at the end of the day people just want to feel more powerful.

Most people equate that to getting better gear. The skill system they have doesn't really give room for them to add new abilities, because they are already pretty bad at balancing the ones we have and are probably saving that stuff for an expansion anyways.
    The biggest fault they made and are still making is keeping to the strict linear gear progression though, as explained above there are multiple things they could add to widen the progression making it feel less linear while keeping the same overall linear goal, mainly through item upgrades, alternate gems colors, even adding runes, this doesn't have to happen all at once even as non of them move the original goal but only expands on the gear you already have, as an added benefit you remove gear from the game through making any modification bind the item to account as well.

A win win situation for all involved that allows a wide variety of additional content at varying difficulty levels to be introduced to provide these additional improvement paths.