View Poll Results: Which Demon hunter would like as the next class?

Voters
353. This poll is closed
  • Illidan Demon hunter

203 57.51%
  • Diablo III demon hunter

24 6.80%
  • A combo of both

73 20.68%
  • I don't care

53 15.01%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    in what way? Warglaives and Katanas? Hair style?
    warglaives dont exist in real life...
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    then why you said DH is based off samurai? I don't see the similarity here. A demonic fighter that turn into demon and a japanese swordman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    how can you have 0.5 healer? its either full healing or full dps. half spec or hybrid spec was last seen in WOTLK with dk. who could dps and tank in all 3 dpecs
    Discipline Priests

then why you said DH is based off samurai? I don't see the similarity here.
    because they are... based off of does not mean they are exactly the same in everyway... its still a warcraft character... plus blizzard has said they are based off samurai multiple times in interviews..
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Tinker/Bard
    Interesting and Useful

Pick one and only one.
    The same can quite easily be said of the Demon hunter, considering how most of it's unique themes have been taken by the warlock.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 05:19 PM ----------

Well.. a Glaive is in fact a bladed polearm, often forged from a shortsword blade on the shaft of a spear.

WoW Glaives are in fact Dual bladed swords.

because they are... based off of does not mean they are exactly the same in everyway... its still a warcraft character... plus blizzard has said they are based off samurai multiple times in interviews..
    I have never seen such interviews. If you can link one then I would apreciate it. The fact is that they look nothing alike anyway.

Deleted
    They already gave most of the cool demon hunter stuff to other classes, so I'd rather see something else as the next new class.

The last two new classes have only been able to dps in melee, so the next one will probably have a ranged dps spec. I'm also expecting every future class to have either a healing or a tanking spec, since those roles are in short supply compared to dps. I doubt they'll make another pure dps class anytime soon.

every expansion blizzard has added something that alot of people want.

out of the possible classes left that are popular there are: demon hunters, dragonkin, battle mages.

those are easily the most popular three with demon hunters being vastly more popular.

dragonkin i think would be hard to fit in lorewise (why would dragons be empowering mortals?)

battlemages would be hard to make unique and would basically be just an excuse to have another class that uses paladin plate.

demon hunters are both the most popular, most likely to fit in with the theme of the next expansion, and easiest to make work gameplay wise.

any race can be a demon hunter all thats required is that another demon hunter teaches them so fills in the role of hero classes needing to be playable by almost every race. they fit in with the burning legion theme which is the most likely expansion. all they need is to give it a unique power source to make it different.

tank class could be that they empower their tattoos to make their skin as hard as an infernals.

dps is obvious just use demonic power to fight

heals could be that they use demonic magic to force wounds to close up, tough love type of heals.

they could either start at lvl 70 or 1 doesnt matter. could either be a normal class or more likely a hero class with its own starting zone. we already know illidan is coming back to life so could be worked into that somehow

Deleted

those are easily the most popular three with demon hunters being vastly more popular.

dragonkin i think would be hard to fit in lorewise (why would dragons be empowering mortals?)
    You know, your hilarious bias clouds your judgement, considering Dragons have been empowering mortals in every single expansion. and vanilla WoW. We have honestly seen more Dragonsworn than we have Demon Hunters in the world.

I have never seen such interviews. If you can link one then I would apreciate it. The fact is that they look nothing alike anyway.
    they are from years ago... im not gonna go digging around google and wowpedia trying to find old interviews just because some person on mmochampion doesnt believe the obvious

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    You know, your hilarious bias clouds your judgement, considering Dragons have been empowering mortals in every single expansion. and vanilla WoW. We have honestly seen more Dragonsworn than we have Demon Hunters in the world.
    theyve always served dragons though. theres no reason to believe they would all of a sudden join the alliance or horde

Deleted
    t

theyve always served dragons though. theres no reason to believe they would all of a sudden join the alliance or horde
    Thats a cop out and you know it, Demon Hunter's have just as little reason to join the Alliance/Horde.

Thats a cop out and you know it, Demon Hunter's have just as little reason to join the Alliance/Horde.
    demon hunters have always been either horde or alliance or neutral. they just arent accepted only tolerated as a necessary evil.

a burning legion expansion which is being heavily implied would be the easiest and best time for a demon hunter class

10+ Year Old Account
    I selected a combination but kind of leaning more towards a D3 DH. Hopefully a melee spec with some demon magic integrated, a Ranged spec with some demon magic integrated (my spec of choice), and a more demon magic focused spec with melee or ranged integrated (could be a good tank spec).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    More focus on current classes, less focus on bloated class roles.

Game dosen't need more DW'ing melee..

plus the aspects dont even have powers anymore is it even possible to create more dragonkin?

Deleted
    demon hunters have always been either horde or alliance or neutral. they just arent accepted only tolerated as a necessary evil.

a burning legion expansion which is being heavily implied would be the easiest and best time for a demon hunter class
    And considering Dragons have always fought the Burning Legion, it's quite easy to fit Dragonsworn in there too.

Also, I am pretty sure Demon hunters in All of WoW and indeed Warcraft have both been neutral and mostly disliked throughout their existence.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 05:36 PM ----------

plus the aspects dont even have powers anymore is it even possible to create more dragonkin?
    Dragonsworn are simply bound by the great magic the dragons wield. The Aspects lost none of that.

And considering Dragons have always fought the Burning Legion, it's quite easy to fit Dragonsworn in there too.

Also, I am pretty sure Demon hunters in All of WoW and indeed Warcraft have both been neutral and mostly disliked throughout their existence.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 05:36 PM ----------

Dragonsworn are simply bound by the great magic the dragons wield. The Aspects lost none of that.
    the aspects lost all of their powers also the dragons dont usually fight the burning legion. it wasnt until the ass end of the war that they even showed up

[QUOTE=Immitis;19825734]they are from years ago... im not gonna go digging around google and wowpedia trying to find old interviews just because some person on mmochampion doesnt believe the obvious[COLOR="red"]

"the obvious" really? You can't provide any source and that's all you can say? I want to know if there's anyone here who think DH is based off samurai?

[QUOTE=Wildmoon;19825852]
    they are from years ago... im not gonna go digging around google and wowpedia trying to find old interviews just because some person on mmochampion doesnt believe the obvious[COLOR="red"]

"the obvious" really? You can't provide any source and that's all you can say? I want to know if there's anyone here who think DH is based off samurai?
    anyone who doesnt think this is a samurai doesnt know anything about samurai

I would atleast have the new class to use bows/guns, since hunters are now the only class that can use them. So if they decide to make a demon hunter class with bows, it would kind of look more like the diablo 3 demon hunter than the illidan one.