Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone remember the platforming section of the Molten Front? Granted, falling had no negative consequences since you'd be rescued by a druid, but I still thought it was neat.

Oh, yeah Kathranis. Totally forgot. Or how about Thaddius, when jumping from the pre-bosses to the main platform. (<- Keeping the BFD jump in mind)

Oh, and jumping between the gap outside of AH in Ironforge.
    Last edited by Lulleh; 2013-01-12 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Added stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    So, the placeholder title of a datamined daily quest = jumping puzzles are coming WoW?
    Placeholders such as this one often also function as memorandums for the developers, somewhat similarly to comments in a code. I would consider this to be quite a solid foundation for speculation since the wording clearly states an intention behind the design. Whether it is predicting an incoming trend, that is another question.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could be a neat way to get players into the world. Giving them hidden challenges with rewards for completing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

If I wanted to play a Mario game I'd be playing that, not an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    If I wanted to play a Mario game I'd be playing that, not an MMO.
    In RPGs I personally always find it much more interesting when cave/ruin exploration and similar activities also include the occasional obstacle.

Would love them, had a blast getting all of the Datacrons on SW:ToR (Including both Fleet Datacrons).

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Not with this game's "physics"
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Jumping puzzles?
    DUDE - did you not learn ANYTHING from Guild Wars 2?!
    Jumping puzzles in an MMO is an extreme bad idea :C

I vote no, no, no, no, NO to jumping puzzles in WoW. I spent over an hour on one in Guild Wars 2 ffs D:

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please! Love even the small gap in BFD, game needs moar! God knows how many hours I've been roofing around in stormwind z.z

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    No. I hate jumping puzzles. In an offline game w/o latency sure. But not in an online environment where one lag = you have to do all that crap again.
    Besides: Many GW2 jumping puzzles felt really buggy at times and you constantly fought with the camera. <_<
    I haven't rubber banded in WoW for years now (Must be going back to BC) - I don't see why latency would be an issue seeing as your client tell the server where you are, not the other way around. Latency won't effect jumping in WoW for that reason.

I remember when I used to play counterstrike that I had a LOT of fun playing kz_maps which were giant jumping puzzles. It'd be interesting to see this in wow, but i dont know how it would work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    Placeholders such as this one often also function as memorandums for the developers, somewhat similarly to comments in a code. I would consider this to be quite a solid foundation for speculation since the wording clearly states an intention behind the design. Whether it is predicting an incoming trend, that is another question.
    It doesn't matter. The attitude some people seem to show is that because there's the word "jumping puzzle", then it must be a full-blown feature being added to the game, something that would be put in the patch notes or something, but all I see is just a daily quest objective in an engaging environment, no different than the quests that take you across the trap tiles in Mogu structures.
    Last edited by SunspotAnims; 2013-01-13 at 02:50 PM.

People cant even figure out how to jump out of fire. Do you honestly think they can do a complex puzzle???

Jumping puzzles were one of the few bright spots of GW2, it would be cool to see them here (and watch folks endlessly complain about how hard they are).

WoW doesn't allow for 'air control' the way GW2 does however, so the puzzles themselves would probably be a bit more straightforward.

10+ Year Old Account
    For solo stuff it's fine and would be a welcome addition. For groups, especially random groups, it would be a mess. As has been mentioned already more than once the BFD jumps caused more grief than they ever should have given that they're not all that difficult. So jump puzzles would have to be very simple in a group context.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    The example from GW2 seems nice. Would be cool if something like that could be implemented.

However, I think the common response on the forums would be something along the lines of:
    "ffs blizz, i cleared this jumpgame and didnt get any epics at the end?"
    "wait, blizz wud rather make stoopid mingames instead of balancin pvp? gg retards"
    "i am hardcore raider (top 50.000) and dont have time for this crap"

So while I am really looking forward to these kind of things , I could see a lot of crap being thrown at Blizzard, just for thinking about it. That said, I did enjoy the puzzle game in Deepholm, which is kind of a miniature version of these puzzle games

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    The example from GW2 seems nice. Would be cool if something like that could be implemented.

However, I think the common response on the forums would be something along the lines of:
    "ffs blizz, i cleared this jumpgame and didnt get any epics at the end?"
    "wait, blizz wud rather make stoopid mingames instead of balancin pvp? gg retards"
    "i am hardcore raider (top 50.000) and dont have time for this crap"

So while I am really looking forward to these kind of things , I could see a lot of crap being thrown at Blizzard, just for thinking about it. That said, I did enjoy the puzzle game in Deepholm, which is kind of a miniature version of these puzzle games

From my understanding, most of players hate jumping puzzles in GW2 and do them because lack of content. Why would we want something like that in WoW?

Deleted
    Like.. tomb raider shit ?

No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't rubber banded in WoW for years now (Must be going back to BC) - I don't see why latency would be an issue seeing as your client tell the server where you are, not the other way around. Latency won't effect jumping in WoW for that reason.
    I constantly rubberband upon death and upon entering Dungeons. Dunno what Blizzard broke, but I didn't have that pre MoP.