Quote Originally Posted by Dragonform View Post
    he is on vacation to find his true self again

So... he's pretty much Luna's understudy now? So where's the episodes that explain Nightmare Moon is now a quarter ride at the local super market and Queen Rapes-a-lot is a two bit whore just outside of Manehattan?
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    I'm gonna break the mood and say that Hasbro will do a CandD on that one too.
    They have a written approval from hasbro themselfs that they are allowed to make the episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Fuck you, Luna just didn't sing because she didn't want to steal the spotlight. ;_; I want to hear a Luna song so badly ;_;
    AND Celestia showed up at night.

15+ Year Old Account
    Welp gotta say that was a damn good episode but sadly the wait begins again....

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Episode thoughts, spoilered because:

The implication that without Pinkie Pie, Ponyville would be a depressing mess of a place where everyone hated each other. I don't think that can possibly be true.

Wonder if that was Nicole Oliver singing.

Did I see Trixie standing next to Twilight's parents? Soon as I saw them, I was expecting them to say something.

This could potentially raise a lot of questions about cutie marks. Did the spell change what each pony was thinking? Each one thought their destiny was something that they couldn't do. So, then, what happens when, for whatever reason, a pony stops being able to do what their cutie mark says they can do? There's no other scenario where their cutie mark changes, so the point is kind of moot. But, say, like Granny Smith. Ponies get old, have to "retire" as it is.

So, one thing we can gather is Rainbow Dash's cutie mark seems more related to her ability to control the weather as opposed to flying fast.

So, the Discord episode was there just to justify having the Elements of Harmony in Twilight's house, just so she can screw everything up. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    And the fact that the fanmade word Alicorn to refer to te winged unicorns is 100% canon is damn hilarious.
    That is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Well it does make sense someone that spends most of his time studying books by himself will probably never find any friends i guess thats why celestia sent twilight away to learn the meaning of friendship as she was turning into starswirl the second ?
    Still seems weird that he comes up with a whole wing of a library of spells, including the ability to time travel, and whatever else, changed the history of magic for unicorns, and is one hell of a historic figure, but those few words stopped him.

I guess it is me assuming that he had some sort of friends. Twilight probably knows just as much as he did and had time for friends, so maybe he did as well.

Is it possible that he was Celestia's apprentice as well and the fact that Twilight ascended, but he did not was Celestia knowing the process this time around?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    Time to continue my killing lawmen in Red Dead Redemption. This time, in Blackwater, being a fucking sniper in the roofs.

So... my thoughts:

This episode was fucking phenomenal! Truly spectacular!

So many songs. So many feels. Interesting developments in how MLP's world functions. SO MANY FANTASTIC SONGS!

Not to mention that [I]one[/I] song. You all know the song.

Celestia's singing voice is bloody [I]beautiful[/I].

Anyhoo... that said... I have to issues with this episode.

First, of course, being the obvious. It was rushed. Like, really rushed. It really should've been a two-part episode. Maybe even three. [size=1]A Mixxy can dream...[/size]

The second issue, though... I'm really not sure how I feel about this. About Twi becoming an alicorn.

No, it's not that. I'm fine with her becoming an alicorn. The problem is her becoming [I]royalty[/I]. This has the series on a real dangerous crossroads now.

You don't just suddenly become royalty without having massive, drastic changes in your life. And since Twilight's life [I]is[/I] the show, we're looking at potentially massive changes to the show in general.

Imagine how much different the Mysterious Mare Do Well episode would have been if everypony in Ponyville was constantly bowing their heads to Twi. Practically worshiping her.

I'm not saying this is bad. I'm not saying the show will suffer. I'm saying it could suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

The implication that without Pinkie Pie, Ponyville would be a depressing mess of a place where everyone hated each other. I don't think that can possibly be true.

Did I see Trixie standing next to Twilight's parents? Soon as I saw them, I was expecting them to say something.

This could potentially raise a lot of questions about cutie marks. Did the spell change what each pony was thinking? Each one thought their destiny was something that they couldn't do. So, then, what happens when, for whatever reason, a pony stops being able to do what their cutie mark says they can do? There's no other scenario where their cutie mark changes, so the point is kind of moot. But, say, like Granny Smith. Ponies get old, have to "retire" as it is.

So, one thing we can gather is Rainbow Dash's cutie mark seems more related to her ability to control the weather as opposed to flying fast.

So, the Discord episode was there just to justify having the Elements of Harmony in Twilight's house, just so she can screw everything up. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Well, I would suppose since Starswirl was such a talented unicorn, his magic was messing around with actual destines and all that. It's generall a trope where powerful mages do things they probably shouldn't (messing with somepony's free will and destiny could be looked at as one) So Celestia just thought it would be a good test or something to help.

The fact that she needed the Elements to do the spell shows that either Starswirl was a bearer at one point or he was seriously ill prepared for it himself.

Surely not, it has to be the power of the spell and the fact she had been training for, what we can guess, is years. She was given her status, not magically bestowed by outside forces just because she created a spell.
    And yet this all seemed to be put in motion by Celestia, almost knowing full well how to go about it. It may be that she was given this.

Deleted
    "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still banish them among the stars."

-Celestia

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Well, I would suppose since Starswirl was such a talented unicorn, his magic was messing around with actual destines and all that. It's generall a trope where powerful mages do things they probably shouldn't (messing with somepony's free will and destiny could be looked at as one) So Celestia just thought it would be a good test or something to help.

The fact that she needed the Elements to do the spell shows that either Starswirl was a bearer at one point or he was seriously ill prepared for it himself.
    Which is a good point. This may imply that Starswirl was almost as powerful as the elements.

Deleted
    My blood boils with rage!

Quote Originally Posted by Leanoda View Post
    "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still banish them among the stars."

-Celestia
    And that is the first spell AliTwi learns.

Deleted

It wasn't just PP, it was also that the weather was truly fucked up, the crops and food in general was probably barely there, who knows what happened with forest animals (like beavers damming rivers in places where they shouldn't and the like).

No idea but it was great.

Haven't looked at the parents.

I think it's not that they're bound to it but that the spell just threw them into other lives without them knowing their real personalities and such, thinking that they always did that.

Well Rarity wasn't really able to fly fast, was she? Plus it's kind of her job, so they just used that.

And yeah, but I guess Discord'll play another role in S04.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanoda View Post

-Celestia

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Which is a good point. This may imply that Starswirl was almost as powerful as the elements.
    This just makes me want some god damn prequel episodes even more!

We need Luna turning into Nightmare Moon, Luna and Celestia becoming princesses, Sombra getting his ass kicked by whoever those two princesses were (it's implied that they weren't Luna and Celestia but Iono), Discord's defeat, and a LOT of Starswirl stuff.

Come on Hasbro, you can turn the entierty of the mane six into stallions for all I care if we can get these!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    So... my thoughts:

This episode was fucking phenomenal! Truly spectacular!

So many songs. So many feels. Interesting developments in how MLP's world functions. SO MANY FANTASTIC SONGS!

Not to mention that [I]one[/I] song. You all know the song.

Celestia's singing voice is bloody [I]beautiful[/I].

Anyhoo... that said... I have to issues with this episode.

First, of course, being the obvious. It was rushed. Like, really rushed. It really should've been a two-part episode. Maybe even three. [size=1]A Mixxy can dream...[/size]

The second issue, though... I'm really not sure how I feel about this. About Twi becoming an alicorn.

No, it's not that. I'm fine with her becoming an alicorn. The problem is her becoming [I]royalty[/I]. This has the series on a real dangerous crossroads now.

You don't just suddenly become royalty without having massive, drastic changes in your life. And since Twilight's life [I]is[/I] the show, we're looking at potentially massive changes to the show in general.

Imagine how much different the Mysterious Mare Do Well episode would have been if everypony in Ponyville was constantly bowing their heads to Twi. Practically worshiping her.

I'm not saying this is bad. I'm not saying the show will suffer. I'm saying it could suffer.

Deleted