Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    yeah obviously we should define and change how we express ourselves according to what "general society" thinks.

stop being a sheep.
    Anyone who isn't 'edgy' and 'cool' (and just like you) is a sheep? You have no idea who or what Uennie is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    yeah obviously we should define and change how we express ourselves according to what "general society" thinks.

stop being a sheep.
    Accusing people of being conformist is awfully conformist. Don't twist my words just so you can imagine individual superiority. You'd be better off attacking people in this thread who don't like tattoos at all, instead of the individual (me) that does like them. However, there's no purpose in doing that because then you're just conforming to the stereotype of an individual who can't handle being disagreed with.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2013-02-01 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Accusing people of being conformist is awfully conformist. Don't twist my words just so you can imagine individual superiority. You'd be better off attacking people in this thread who don't like tattoos at all, instead of the individual (me) that does like them. However, there's no purpose in doing that because then you're just conforming to the stereotype of an individual who can't handle being disagreed with.
    you words were perfectly clear

you said that if it gets to a point that people "startle" then you should stop

so basically only express yourself as an individual according to the approval of total strangers until they disapprove.

so yes, you are a society sheep

Deleted
    Yes I judge people with poor tattoo-choices or tattoos that cant be hid by clothing, usually the type of douchebags that buy clothes at Ed Hardy and shit.

Everybodys judgemental in their own ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Not a tattoo guy myself. But when I see neck tattoos or hand tattoos I immediately judge them. Not sure why I judge them but I think immediately they are homeless or unemployed.

I'm sure most are not but I can't help but think they lack crucial life skills and are losers.

Anyone else think this?

Don't get me started on face tattoos or piercings.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 10:37 PM ----------

on a side note. I love shows like Ink Master. I do appreciate the art behind it.
    I like CREATIVE tattoos that are not inappropriate.

I don't like neck, hand, or face tattoos I think they look trashy and unprofessional.

I also dislike trendy tattoos..like barbed wire, coy fish, tribals, japanesse writing (if your not even literate in that language), and nautical stars.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I also dislike trendy tattoos..like barbed wire, coy fish, tribals, japanesse writing (if your not even literate in that language), and nautical stars.
    What about impudent fish?

Deleted
    Tattoos that can be covered are fine, others are pretty trashy.

Hand, neck etc, like why would you do that? Good luck getting a decent job.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakudai View Post
    What about impudent fish?
    I like sly fish over coy fish

lolz

I judge if you have your last name across your back..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    depends on the reason behind the tattoo, if its just to try to show that they not a "conformist" I mostly consider them an wanker and ignore them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I judge people by having tattoos? No.

Do I judge people by what their tattoo is? Yes.

When someone says "Do not juge me"... yeah.

This is my girlfriend's tattoo based off this when it was only about half done. The actual work looks twice as amazing. What does it say about this person?
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-05-25 at 09:32 PM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

If someone decides to put an image on their body permanently it gives some insight into what kind of person it is depending on the tattoo.

I would never get one, but I don't much care what other people do with their bodies. As far as judgment, it's usually along the lines of "wow, they must have a hard time finding a job" if they have tattoos all over or in a highly visible place.

That said, I have met people who are super annoying about them. They'll bring up their tattoos in conversation and it's like they are pandering for attention. That's the only time I'd say I hate people with tattoos. If you're not doing it for attention and aren't actually bringing it up in conversation without being asked about them, do whatever; everyone has their hobbies.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't. While I am not really a fan of tattoos, some of my best friends have multiple tattoos.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    The only thing I judge is if you cant cover up your tattoos with clothing, then I think you're a fucking idiot right off the bat regardless of art or context of the tattoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    The only thing I judge is if you cant cover up your tattoos with clothing, then I think you're a fucking idiot right off the bat regardless of art or context of the tattoo.
    Why hello there, 1990. I see you're doing well!

Fun fact: Many businesses don't really care much about tattoos anymore, unless you're in some minimum wage job.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Why hello there, 1990. I see you're doing well!

Fun fact: Many businesses don't really care much about tattoos anymore, unless you're in some minimum wage job.
    Fun fact, usually "facts" have a source. Are you the international hiring body for every job in the world? You also have it the other way around, minimum wage jobs are more lax about tattoos, try getting a job as in the medical biotechnology field with your hands or face/neck tattooed, should be fun as employers are able to legally refuse to hire someone based on tattoos without fear of being sued for discrimination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    Fun fact, usually "facts" have a source. Are you the international hiring body for every job in the world?
    Nitpicking on one exact job that refuses that is hardly an arguement.

And no, I don't hire for every job in the world, however I have worked with several state resource and government job network businesses on criteria ranging from hygiene to criminal background. I've also looked into a number of studies and journals regarding the topic, and a majority of jobs and businesses since 1990 have lowered their rigidity on body art when considering job applicants.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Nitpicking on one exact job that refuses that is hardly an arguement.

And no, I don't hire for every job in the world, however I have worked with several state resource and government job network businesses on criteria ranging from hygiene to criminal background. I've also looked into a number of studies and journals regarding the topic, and a majority of jobs and businesses since 1990 have lowered their rigidity on body art when considering job applicants.
    Depends on the job.

If you ever want to work any sort of job interacting with customers, your less likely to be hired. Especially if your tattoo is in a place that is not easly covered.

Does a tattoo lose meaning if its on your back instead of your neck? what kind of mentallity goes into making the decision to put a tat on a neck or hand?

Having tattoos should not be a problem when looking for jobs, they do not make you perform any better or worse at the job and should automatically be ignored.
    I was asked about my tattoos during an interview (I had two back then and both on my arm so easy to cover), I asked what my tattoos had to do with anything related to the job. She got snarky over it but I could simply not see a reason to cover a penguin and text saying "keep your head up" at a telephone customer service, its not like I have to look representable for anyone and its not like they hear on my voice if I'm inked or not :P I did not get the job and they got shut down a few months after, plus that I had plenty of friends who worked there and they all said that she's a b*tch who didnt like me cuz I was too much like them.

The place I work at now is pretty awesome in those regards that you can be just the way you want to be. Got people having tattoos on their necks, 4 piercings in one lip, blue hair and other funny colours etc. My boss was one of the first to demand a glimpt of my newest one that I got 2 weeks ago even :P
    Last edited by Kimbaaland; 2013-05-25 at 10:14 PM.