Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I might give this game another try. I refuse to have spent money on it and not finished the story properly. But I do have issues with the game. It can't display 1920x1080 resolution, every shader and texture disappear when I do so. I'm left with shapes in black and white, impossible to play with as everything melts together. Any idea what may cause this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I could just tell this game was going to be fucking awful when I looked at in EB games. Thank god i didn't buy it.

Deleted
    I'm happy I didn't pre-order it even though I'm a huge Alien fan.

It's a shame they really did this to the game, it looked great

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    I could just tell this game was going to be fucking awful when I looked at in EB games. Thank god i didn't buy it.
    Well this sucks :/

Saw an advert for this game last night and it looked awesome, I love the film Aliens and it looked just like it.

Too good to be true then I guess :/ sigh

Anyone got anything good to say about the game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Well this sucks :/

Saw an advert for this game last night and it looked awesome, I love the film Aliens and it looked just like it.

Too good to be true then I guess :/ sigh

Anyone got anything good to say about the game?
    There are a couple of positive reviews on metacritic, so I guess a few people liked it :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    There was a demo, and if I recall, it contained nothing from the actual game.

Edit: could have been a press demo, not sure. I just saw it on a review.
    Yea, Jim Sterling from the escapist made a video detailing everything shown in the demo that wasn't actualy in the final game.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...m_campaign=all

Also Angry Joe just uploaded his review of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGX2WE4QUw8
    Last edited by mmoc40f44cec44; 2013-02-14 at 11:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Angry joe review is just superb, easily one of the best ive seen.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    as for the whole preorder thing, I understand Totalbiscuit's point on that they take things made during game production and end up charging you for it (if they release preorder bonus to be purchased). Quite honestly, I like it.
    You like being denied content? to each thier own I spose but to me taking away parts of the game to trick people into a premature purchases is slimy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    I'm happy I didn't pre-order it even though I'm a huge Alien fan.

It's a shame they really did this to the game, it looked great
    This ^

I was really looking forward to it, I was hoping it would be like deadspace but with bigger guns. Sounds like it turned into CoD: Space Aliens.

Sometimes no matter what, a game will be garbage. If it has incompetent creators, it doesn't matter how many years they have. If you give a chimp a typewriter, it will die before It types a legible story.

They had 6 years to make this game. Skyrim took less time than this game to make. There is no way around it. They lied, they cut corners, and now they are tying to excuse it away. Just like Duke Nukem Forever.

I think the people you see defending the game are people who didn't see any of the promotional material. They haven't seen the 2011 E3 preview that was NOTHING BUT LIES, a 10 minute film carefully constructed for hype and definitely not the true example of gameplay that GEARBOX SAID THAT IT WAS.

Makes me think that Gearbox is going to get up on a podium all presidential style and explain the definition of the phrase "actual gameplay" in a backwards manner. Yeah, that "work in progress" notice doesn't excuse this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... So none of that is in the game? Seriously? Wow, that takes hype and fail to a whole new level.

So glad I decided to pass on this game, even though I loved the Aliens movie.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Wait... So none of that is in the game? Seriously? Wow, that takes hype and fail to a whole new level.

So glad I decided to pass on this game, even though I loved the Aliens movie.
    Much of it is, but certain parts of the gameplay and many of the cutscenes are gone or heavily altered.Not to mention the quality of the visuals from that video the the launched product dropped pretty dramatically.

Deleted
    Well, apparently Gearbox just outsourced it to several other developers because they were busy with Borderlands, Duke Nukem Forever etc. and were about to actualy get sued by Sega for still not having the game ready even though they signed a contract. So looks like it was mostly Gearbox' fault.

http://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/commen..._at_the_final/
    Last edited by mmoc40f44cec44; 2013-02-14 at 06:20 PM.

Deleted
    Angry Joe pretty much sums up my thoughts in this release

ACM is why I don't pre-order. I really wanted this game to be awesome but I've seen so much of it already that I probably wouldn't even pick it up on Steam for 5 dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post

ACM is why I don't pre-order. I really wanted this game to be awesome but I've seen so much of it already that I probably wouldn't even pick it up on Steam for 5 dollars.
    Yea, I just pre order stuff I know will be good because I looked into the game very thoroughly and if the developer has a reputation of putting out good games, but yea, the gameplay demos being complete hoaxes was pretty damn low.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Yea, I just pre order stuff I know will be good because I looked into the game very thoroughly and if the developer has a reputation of putting out good games, but yea, the gameplay demos being complete hoaxes was pretty damn low.
    Tbh It should be illegal to put out fake demos.

Im gonna get it and play it.

But from what i can see AvP3 has a better marine campaign.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Angry Joe pretty much sums up my thoughts in this release

an honest review to be honest.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance