Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to see how people are going to use this as some sort of excuse to blame the NRA for insane/unstable people committing crimes.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Can't wait to see how people are going to use this as some sort of excuse to blame the NRA for insane/unstable people committing crimes.
    No need, they're already doing their part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh the hypocrisy! No surprise at all.

Funniest part is the NRA and the gun nuts getting trolled by this guy making the FPS NRA game ‘BULLET TO THE HEAD OF THE NRA’ .

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    It is staggering the number of NRA members that would hand guns to felons as they leave prison. Hey, they are rehabilitated, right? They have the right to self defense....against the next guy coming out the door.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I'm certain it's not supposed to be some morbid subliminal message :/
    How? How many other things do you see that look like coffins. This is the era of ergonomics. I see nothing besides coffins and body bags.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 09:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    This game obviously promotes violence against furniture.
    Ya, excuse me while I go set my coffin for dinner.
    Last edited by Roose; 2013-01-16 at 03:28 AM.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    If you know the mechanics of aiming a gun and pulling a trigger, you know the mechanics of shooting people. The difference is only what you point at.

That shooting simulation they made trains people to be hardened killers just as much as call of duty does . . . in that it doesn't at all.

Just because I can aim and shoot at a computerized avatar does not mean I can do the same to a real human target.
    right, the NRA wants people to know how to use a gun, which in turn means they want you to be able to shoot other people, the reason they don't like violent video games, especially ones that involve killing civilians is they desensitize you to such acts and in their opinion make you more likely to commit them. I disagree but your argument doesn't apply to their opinion. Many studies that show no correlation and no one showing anything for causation do fight their arguments, but saying shooting fake paper in a game is the same as playing a game that has you killing simulated civilians that are depicted as realistically as possible is nonsense.
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    O
    Ya, excuse me while I go set my coffin for dinner.
    Why would you set a coffin for dinner? I set my bed for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by goobernoob View Post
    right, the NRA wants people to know how to use a gun, which in turn means they want you to be able to shoot other people, the reason they don't like violent video games, especially ones that involve killing civilians is they desensitize you to such acts and in their opinion make you more likely to commit them. I disagree but your argument doesn't apply to their opinion. Many studies that show no correlation and no one showing anything for causation do fight their arguments, but saying shooting fake paper in a game is the same as playing a game that has you killing simulated civilians that are depicted as realistically as possible is nonsense.
    Ignoring the (intended?) leap in logic in "NRA wants you to know how to use a gun so you can go on killing sprees", real-life violence is still leaps and bounds what is portrayed in video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    right, the NRA wants people to know how to use a gun, which in turn means they want you to be able to shoot other people, the reason they don't like violent video games,
    The NRA wants people to buy more guns. As many guns as possible. That is their job. They represent arms manufactures that make money off selling guns. How do you sell more guns, more fear. The NRA wants people to fear each other so that they will buy guns from their masters. If you shoot another person, oh well, that is all on you.

They do not like violent video games because it is bad PR. But really, they also love them because they help sell more guns to the gun nuts that see them in game and want to own them in real life. They just won't ever admit that part.
    I like sandwiches

lets be honest the real reason they hate video games is because its easy to point fingers at them for violence for the ignorant.
    "blame video games" is better than "sell less guns" to the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Ignoring the (intended?) leap in logic in "NRA wants you to know how to use a gun so you can go on killing sprees", real-life violence is still leaps and bounds what is portrayed in video games.
    No, they don't want people to go on killing sprees, they want them to know how to use guns, for sporting and self defense. That knowledge also being useful to go on a killing spree is an unwanted side effect.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    lets be honest the real reason they hate video games is because its easy to point fingers at them for violence for the ignorant.
    "blame video games" is better than "sell less guns" to the NRA.
    There is probably some truth to that too, but knowing some NRA folks, I would say most of them are true believers.
    Last edited by goobernoob; 2013-01-16 at 03:43 AM.
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)

well, there's plenty of kids out there that don't own a gun, and that means potential future buyers. why not making kids want a gun so they can make profit from them in the future!

and also, how did the NRA "take a stand" against violent video games? last time I checked, the majority of kids and people in the world, regardless of age can tell the difference between reality and a game. just because I play GTA and kill hookers and steal cars and run pedestrians over, doesn't mean I'd be more likely to do it because I played the game. but some guy who shoots up a school who happens to own an xbox 360 like millions of other people, and suddenly video games are to blame.

and no shit, they're the NRA, they're not going to create a CoD game for kids, that's not what they do, but if they did make a game like that, whew would people be pissed.

I bet they were going to release it anyway, but decided to wait a month for the incident hype to die down so they wouldn't get as much flak over it.

There is no way they did this with the intention of "spitting on the graves of Newtown victims", they're the National Rifle Association. They like guns. They made a game involving guns. Why does this surprise anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.