Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Races being able to choose faction. What do you think?

I posted this in what I would like to see in the next expansion. Basically I would like to see races being able to choose who they would be allied with.

So you could have a Dwarf shaman who wants to ally with the Horde cause of its connection to Thrall (the ultimate shaman) or you could have a forsaken that allies with the Alliance in a attempt to regain some measure of humanity.

Personally I think this would add much more depth for characters and maybe open up, some interesting new story lines.

So what do you think.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Won't happen. I used to say the Dark Irons would betray the Alliance, but not after 5.3.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Won't happen. I used to say the Dark Irons would betray the Alliance, but not after 5.3.
    I don't know I think the Pandarian being the first neutral race is testing the waters.

It makes no sense just because you are a certain race you are automatically allied with a specific faction.

A gnome should be afraid to walk among taurens. I would.

I don't have an opinion about it. There are some groups like Cenarion Circle and Earthen Ring that have members from all races. I really don't know what impact a change like this can have in the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be awesome! I'm tired of this hoax of a war going on right now. And the Pandaren are teaching us to set aside our differences for the coming storm. Wrathion even wanted to unite both sides.

Again, I would LOVE to be able to play my Orcs and Undead alongside my husband's Humans and Nelves!

Now that you mention it...

Maybe this whole Alliance joins the cause of the Horde to dethrone the common hated warchief may be a sign of such things to come.

I mean, it is likely Horde and Alliance will be buddy-buddy again after Pandaria (as lame as that may be), so it would be possible for theraces to interwine a bit.

I am imagining how the child of a Tauren-Draenei would look like...

It's always alliance that want to be in the horde. Alliance minus the worgen are full of boring races. You can keep your humans, midget humans, and space goats.

Quote Originally Posted by Murtagh View Post
    A gnome should be afraid to walk among taurens. I would.

I don't have an opinion about it. There are some groups like Cenarion Circle and Earthen Ring that have members from all races. I really don't know what impact a change like this can have in the lore.
    And Tauren should be afraid to hang w/Worgen .. cause you know Beef its whats for dinner.

It seems several factions exist that have people from both factions. Isn't the one in Lights Hope that way to? I seem to remember seeing undead out and about that didn't want to stomp my space goats ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to have my Blood Elves on the Alliance but until then I am reluctantly Horde.

Deleted
    The old races, no I doubt it will ever happen. There is way too much involved lore, and starting zone wise that would have to be changed.
    Future races though ? I dont see an issue with it. the Pandarian have worked out pretty well as a race that can choose faction.

Deleted
    If my orc join the aliance he is absolutely be able to speak orcish , that mean he will be able to talk with horde orcs .
    That lead to inter faction speaking .
    That lead to battleground cursing and rude language. Petitions, increased GM working time.

If he's an orc he need acces to orc starting area, to Durotar and Orgrimar ( as Orcs capital city) .

Lots of complications for Blizzard.

Undead aliance someone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I don't know I think the Pandarian being the first neutral race is testing the waters.

It makes no sense just because you are a certain race you are automatically allied with a specific faction.
    Uh you don't know how lore works do you? The factions are based around Racism. No Orc will join the Alliance, and no Human will join the Horde.
    If an Orc joined the Alliance they would be killed in Stormwind not only by guards but by players. There is no way to tell if they're good or not. There might be Orc spies pretending to have defected to the Alliance. Same goes in with rolls reversed.
    The Pandaren are only neutral in the beginning because they were brought in to Azeroth. No one knew about each other until the mists subsided.
    The Pandaren went to whichever faction they thought was "right" and what happened to them? Their friends became their enemies.

This won't happen, and it isn't even a good idea. I have a hard time believing people like you actually exist, who honestly think this could be possible or even a slightly decent idea.
    Last edited by runedhill; 2013-07-23 at 05:07 PM.

You being completely incapable of speaking with the opposing faction makes any sense? You think pandas who grew up together on the turtle isle, speak the exact same language, then pick different factions and then magically being able to no longer speak to one another makes any sense?

The game isn't about making sense or being logical. There are plenty of nuetral NPCs of all races throughout the game, especially ones who work together like examples in argent crusade, darkmoon faire, prettymuch everything that both factions can interact with has unaffiliated people. But blizzard refuses to allow this for players.

I think it would be great if you could just raid or do dungeons with whoever you felt like. I mean really shouldn't that be up to the player instead of some archaic artificial limitation? This is especially true for pandas, I see no reason for them to be forced to pick a faction in the first place when they could've been made to just work with both. There are plenty of pandas in pandaria that work with both factions, I really don't see a difference. But hey, blizzard.

As for pandas "Testing the waters" no. It was because using one new race is cheaper and easier than creating a new race for each faction. Honestly pandas should've been alliance while horde got hozen or something because the war hungry mass murderers the horde are would've never gotten pandas to ally with it. And even if you had been fooled into joining back on the turtle isle after helping those handful of horde and with them pretending to be good and noble, you would've seen the real story as soon as you got to orgrimmar and left.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2013-07-23 at 05:09 PM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    It's always alliance that want to be in the horde. Alliance minus the worgen are full of boring races. You can keep your humans, midget humans, and space goats.
    God no! In my opinion the horde races fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. The blood elves just hang out w/them cause it makes em look that much hotter (hot girl surrounds herself with ugly friends to look hotter)

Granted the models for human (specially male they all look like they have downs syndrome or a hair lip) need some work, as do the dwarfs. The space goats are just awesome though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    Uh you don't know how lore works do you? The factions are based around Racism. No Orc will join the Alliance, and no Human will join the Horde.
    If an Orc joined the Alliance they would be killed in Stormwind not only by guards but by players. There is no way to tell if they're good or not. There might be Orc spies pretending to have defected to the Alliance. Same goes in with rolls reversed.
    The Pandaren are only neutral in the beginning because they were brought in to Azeroth. No one knew about each other until the mists subsided.
    The Pandaren went to whichever faction they thought was "right" and what happened to them? Their friends became their enemies.

This won't happen, and it isn't even a good idea. I have a hard time believing people like you actually exist, who honestly think this could be possible or even a slightly decent idea.
    Uhmm ok lore in game. Undead working with humans in lights hope. Earthen ring has people from both factions and does the Druid order..

But your right just because I am a white male and live in the U.S. I am automatically a republican right... no choice in the matter?

I think the characters should have a choice.

From level one you're inducted into your own faction depending on the race you play. There is no way around that and that will never change.
    Until/unless they add a new race no one has ever seen or heard from, like the Pandaren, you will never see this happen. As you shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    From level one you're inducted into your own faction depending on the race you play. There is no way around that and that will never change.
    Until/unless they add a new race no one has ever seen or heard from, like the Pandaren, you will never see this happen. As you shouldn't.
    wow you are really against your characters having choice huh?

Or you are horde and worry all your player base will go alliance or all your alliance buddies will go horde.

Hell personally I stopped playing my undead warrior the moment they wanted me to poison a puppy (not sure if that quest even exists anymore). A choice I would have made at that moment was these horde types are fucked up remorseless killers... I am going to go to Lights Hope and work to regain some humanity. Sadly the only choice I had was to quit playing him or continue doing these EVIL quests.

I would see no problem with the faction change coming later in the game after you leave your initial training area just like it does with the pandas.

Doesn't fit lore and being able to depict faction based on the race adds an effective element of immersion. Honestly, I don't even like Pandas being cross faction. But I'm fairly certain they will be the first and last. We MIGHT get one more like that.

Next expansion will be redone races anyway.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    ...I am imagining how the child of a Tauren-Draenei would look like...
    Kill it...

these horde types are fucked up remorseless killers
    Both sides have their fucked up remorseless killer quests. A perfect example is when a crew captain of the alliance ship see's another ship, has no idea who is on board or if it is even a horde ship or not. Regardless remorseless he orders the firing shot that kills many goblins. His orders were and I quote "No witnesses." The ship gets destroyed.

I can also count numerous horde incidents of the same likely hood. I guess we are both "fucked up remorseless killers." I can only hope that these neutral pandaren can teach us to put our pasts behind us. To finally come to a state that Jana, Thrall, Bane, Anduin, and the pandaren peoples have dreamed of. A state of peace. Only then can we play the classes/races we want, and hopefully put an end to these 'remorseless quests'

For the Peace!

Pandaren failed. H and A together, they still have a lower population than worgen alone.