15+ Year Old Account

Battle Pet Levelling Service

So I've been throwing an idea around for the last few days, and it's based on this observation: a lot of people aren't really bothering with Pet Battling, because levelling up your first batch of pets can be a time-consuming pain. Conversely, once you have a few 25 pets, levelling up new ones is super-fast.

So what I came up with was offering a "levelling service" - people cage their desired pet(s), mail 'em to me, I level them to 25 within a short time, then re-cage them and COD it back to the original owner.

Basically, I have two questions for the community:

1) Would you pay gold for this, or do you think others would?
    2) What would you be willing to pay for a Battle Pet levelled from 1-25?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Side note, I don't think you can learn a pet that is higher than your highest level. So if you don't already have a 25, it will not work.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd have to consider that you can't learn any battle pets that have a higher level than your own current highest level pet.
    Meaning they need at least a singe 25 already to make use us that "service" of yours.
    Btw, this also applies if you put you only 25 pet in a cage, have fun leveling a second one before being able to relearn the first.
    If this was possible I'dbe stinking rich already.

Deleted
    Does it really take that long to level up a pet to 25?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    Side note, I don't think you can learn a pet that is higher than your highest level. So if you don't already have a 25, it will not work.
    Arrrr dang. This I did not know. Pretty much guts the whole idea =(

In answer to above - yeah, the first pet to 25 is a bit of a hassle because you generally need to be keeping a shortlist of a few pets that are capable of tackling the pet levels you're currently working on. Reason one being that each pet type has its weakness, and may not cope against particular pets, and reason two being that you quickly find yourself fighting against two and then three pets at once.

Once at 25, however, you can have your level-capped pet(s) stomp the high-level pets while subbing in your low-level pets for one round - because they're already 25, every single exp point will go to the lower pet, including the difficulty bonus boost they get, meaning that pet's level rockets up.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Easiest first Level 25:

Curious Wolvar Pup or Stunted Yeti (Flayer Youngling and Kun-Lai Runt are applicable, but much higher level, so not as easy to obtain).

Reason? Humanoids w/ Beast attacks. So they resist Critter damage and do bonus damage TO Critters. And critters are PLENTIFUL to crush. Once they hit like 18-19, they can live in Crystalsong Forest til about 2, then head for Veiled Stair or Valley of Four Winds til 25.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Arrrr dang. This I did not know. Pretty much guts the whole idea =(

In answer to above - yeah, the first pet to 25 is a bit of a hassle because you generally need to be keeping a shortlist of a few pets that are capable of tackling the pet levels you're currently working on. Reason one being that each pet type has its weakness, and may not cope against particular pets, and reason two being that you quickly find yourself fighting against two and then three pets at once.

Once at 25, however, you can have your level-capped pet(s) stomp the high-level pets while subbing in your low-level pets for one round - because they're already 25, every single exp point will go to the lower pet, including the difficulty bonus boost they get, meaning that pet's level rockets up.
    So all they have to do is just level a pet to 25 and use your own strategy to gain levels faster. Saving a fair bit of gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    So I've been throwing an idea around for the last few days, and it's based on this observation: a lot of people aren't really bothering with Pet Battling, because levelling up your first batch of pets can be a time-consuming pain. Conversely, once you have a few 25 pets, levelling up new ones is super-fast.

So what I came up with was offering a "levelling service" - people cage their desired pet(s), mail 'em to me, I level them to 25 within a short time, then re-cage them and COD it back to the original owner.

Basically, I have two questions for the community:

1) Would you pay gold for this, or do you think others would?
    2) What would you be willing to pay for a Battle Pet levelled from 1-25?
    As stated earlier, you can't learn a caged pet higher then what you got. So, lets say thier highest lvl was 14. They take it, send it to you, you lvl it up for em, send it back. They can no longer learn it because they dont have a 25, so it sits in thier bag useless.

Now, something that ppl WOULD pay for are lvl 24 pets, so they can get the 75 lvl 25 pet achieve easier then normal. I know I sold a lvl 24 Corefire imp for 5x the AH price, and a 24 Grinder for 1.8x the auction price (Since Grinder is rare, its already worth quite a bit, so you can't shoot too high. Imps are about 1.5k on my server, I sold a lvl 24 for about 8.8k)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    I would personally pay for this service and hell, I would most likely be your best costumer as well. Problem is the pets I need at level 25 can't be caged. If it wasn't for that this would be a fantastic idea.