Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Ignoring all the fanboys here.. I'd go black. My 4S is black, I decided to pick up a case with white edges for looks and it worked well for a while, until it faded to a bad colour of grey :\.

Iphone sucks...

Infracted.

Post constructively please.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-16 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Get the white one and put a black case on it. Only don't because iPhones are great until you realize that Apple makes them.

iPhone
    Pros:
    Stable

Cons:
    Apple, iTunes, not the best performance, Apple, iTunes.

Honestly this week there was just an update to iTunes, it erased my phone, I am still mad about that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 06:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Are you male? Black
    Are you female? Pick whatever.
    Are you gay? Pick whatever. (prolly white)
    (doesn't matter if you are gay ofcourse, but a male with a white phone is by definition gay)

Then again it's an iPhone...
    I am offended by your assumptions. As a Transgendered M-F that is not the reason I got a white iPhone, I got it because I hate boring phones.

ok maybe you have a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a black one, and the aluminum parts indeed do scratch pretty easily, and it shows well on black. I imagine it wouldn't show as badly on the white.

Otherwise, I love this phone. I can't comment on whether I'd like it better or worse than some of the better androids, but it's pretty awesome and responsive.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Don't get an iPhone or any other Crapple product. That is my advice.
    Contribute to the thread, or leave....

On-Topic: Black always looks better in my view. It wont look as grubby in a few months.

Wait a few more months and you'll have a phone from every manufacture that will surpass the iPhone 5 in every way. With that said:

Why stick with the black case? White will make it contrast making it "flashier." However I have a SII with a black ballistics case on it and it doesn't look that bad at all.

Get whichever color you like, then change it to what fits your style.

Also if you plan to case it, what color does it truly matter?

http://www.colormyi.com/store#!/~/pr...=0&id=13579749 ( glass for the older iphones )

Not gonna tolerate the inevitable Apple v. Whatever internet wars here. Let's post on-topic or not bother posting.

I was curious about something: If you have a case why are you concerned with scratches?

Deleted
    wow, so many infractions is a thread about a phone!

i would pick white, i think things look nicer in white.

Deleted
    Lol, infractions for everyone! Anyways, I'd go with a white one. I think they look the sexiest, and as your friends/gf has black ones, you should pick something diffrent, imo! I just ordered my Iphone 5, and I picked a white one. I think they look the best. :P

Deleted
    I would go for the white, if it were me. I've had all black mobile electronics, the change to white looks nice.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2013-01-16 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    my vote is for white. whichever is more durable imo.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-01-17 at 04:54 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I would get a white one. Black is so safe and boring of a colour for electronics. Plus the black and aluminium look died 5 years ago with all those black audi's with aluminium coloured trimmings. It's not cool anymore, it's boring. Not that white is so special but at least it is a little better.

Anyways, with a cover it hardly matters anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'd go with black personally because I'm not generally a fan of the whole white look. I'd also imagine scratches would naturally show up on white due to light, whereas a black you'd probably have to shine a light directly on to notice scratches.

Maybe go into an phone store and ask to see both in person?
    This is false, its the complete opposite.
    I have owned both Black, and White iPhones. The Black iPhone showed every little ding it got, and if there was a scratch on it you could see it perfectly. The White iPhone, hides the scratches, the only way you can possibly notice them is if the light reflects on the phone a certain way.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 01:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Get the white one and put a black case on it. Only don't because iPhones are great until you realize that Apple makes them.

iPhone
    Pros:
    Stable

Cons:
    Apple, iTunes, not the best performance, Apple, iTunes.

Honestly this week there was just an update to iTunes, it erased my phone, I am still mad about that.
    WTB Backup? - Most smartphone crash from time to time (ever own a fucking blackberry?) There is a reason why your iPhone backup automatically to the iCloud every time you charge it.

My wife and my sister in law both got iPhones, they both chose white, and I chose black. They cost the same, but they thought white looked more female-oriented. I would have been fine with either, but the 16GB phone was only available in black where I was buying it. Really, it's up to you.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__