Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    RPPM probably will, it's real haste and RPPM takes into account your highest haste amount. I based that post off the fact that CJL is our only damaging spell and if the time since last proc chance went to 50 or so it would be a 75% proc chance which would have made it pretty reliable.
    I dunno mate, it seems slightly "exploit-ish", but then again if slice and dice increases the RealPPM then so should Way of the Monk. Perhaps someone could ask crab man via twitter?

The reason the time since last proc is capped at 10 seconds is precisely to avoid your first hit (upon engaging a boss) from activating the trinket's effect. I don't really like this idea and honestly I think the time coefficient should make up for a higher portion when determining the probability of a PPM proc :s

Deleted
    Already asked

15+ Year Old Account
    Hum, I guess I don't have enough haste to get the 11th tick, I guess ill just go all crit then for pvp. Sadly I am finally noticing this at the end of the season....

On another note I only had to reforge 1 item and was only missing .33%crit...
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-02-23 at 12:22 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I'm off spec healer, but seeing the changes, I never ever fistweaved, so I'm kinda...''ok, now we gonna have to do some fistweaving" or at least that what I got when reading the patch last week, so my question is

How much mistweavers will change in patch 5.2? If someone can answer, I aprecciate alot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eijy View Post
    I'm off spec healer, but seeing the changes, I never ever fistweaved, so I'm kinda...''ok, now we gonna have to do some fistweaving" or at least that what I got when reading the patch last week, so my question is

How much mistweavers will change in patch 5.2? If someone can answer, I aprecciate alot
    Basically the opposite what you just mentioned
    There is a substantial increase in the mana cost of jab, so much that even the mana regen of Muscle Memory (New Passive interacting with Tiger Palm and Blackout Kick for 5.2) is not enough. So fistweaving is most likely going to see a much smaller niche and possible only viable on damage gimmick fights, otherwise you should get used to being oom.
    They have removed the chi cost for our T30 talents and thrown them on a cooldown so now instead of dumping chi into them to generate mana tea stacks we have to basically use either Uplift, BoK/TP (Which is pointless after eminence nerfs and it doesnt give mana back unless Jab is used before hand) or Enveloping Mists. Enveloping mists is neither a strong tank-saving HoT nor a long enough HoT to sustain it on a tank (Like lifebloom). So another one of our current queries is where are we going to dump our excess chi in low damage phases.
    They also increased Soothing Mist's chi generation rate (by an unknown formula). People with PTR access are reporting around 3 chi per channel of 8 seconds, which is a step in the right direction I suppose.

If you didnt fistweave in 5.1 then there's not going to be a whole lot for you to get used to as currently mistweaving is the most efficient way to heal. It will probably be the T30 changes that pose you the most problem as it requires a whole new approach to using them.

Hope I covered everything and that it helped.

TL;DR
    Jab eats mana. T30 talents are nerfed heavily. Soothing mist generates chi a bit faster.

Oh =O great then! Thanks for explaining, I was almost switching to dps spec XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garricakes View Post
    Basically the opposite what you just mentioned
    There is a substantial increase in the mana cost of jab, so much that even the mana regen of Muscle Memory (New Passive interacting with Tiger Palm and Blackout Kick for 5.2) is not enough. So fistweaving is most likely going to see a much smaller niche and possible only viable on damage gimmick fights, otherwise you should get used to being oom.
    They have removed the chi cost for our T30 talents and thrown them on a cooldown so now instead of dumping chi into them to generate mana tea stacks we have to basically use either Uplift, BoK/TP (Which is pointless after eminence nerfs and it doesnt give mana back unless Jab is used before hand) or Enveloping Mists. Enveloping mists is neither a strong tank-saving HoT nor a long enough HoT to sustain it on a tank (Like lifebloom). So another one of our current queries is where are we going to dump our excess chi in low damage phases.
    They also increased Soothing Mist's chi generation rate (by an unknown formula). People with PTR access are reporting around 3 chi per channel of 8 seconds, which is a step in the right direction I suppose.

If you didnt fistweave in 5.1 then there's not going to be a whole lot for you to get used to as currently mistweaving is the most efficient way to heal. It will probably be the T30 changes that pose you the most problem as it requires a whole new approach to using them.

Hope I covered everything and that it helped.

TL;DR
    Jab eats mana. T30 talents are nerfed heavily. Soothing mist generates chi a bit faster.

Stop saying this please.

Stop saying this please.
    ...Why?

Are you saying that they didn't increase chi gen, or that it isn't by an unknown formula? Because they clearly did increase chi gen, and I am pretty sure nobody knows exactly how yet. If you have information to provide, by all means do so, rather than just posting for the sake of telling someone to shut up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    ...Why?

Are you saying that they didn't increase chi gen, or that it isn't by an unknown formula? Because they clearly did increase chi gen, and I am pretty sure nobody knows exactly how yet. If you have information to provide, by all means do so, rather than just posting for the sake of telling someone to shut up.
    They increased nothing. There is no evidence whatsoever that there was a change in Soothing Mist. No patch notes, nothing.
    I call placebo effect.

...Why?

There is no patch note mentioning it. There is no datamine mentioning it <- the biggest give away. There are as many people saying it is still bad as there are saying it got changed.

Its still the exact same as it is on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    ...Why?

Yeah, I'm calling crap. Just logged into the ptr and got 2 sm channels in a row generating 1 chi per entire channel. They have not done anything to SM and are more than likely working on creating a more efficient formula for the spell to generate chi. Probably the reason why it was not implemented with the most recent jab mana increase and mm mana return increase.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    They increased nothing. There is no evidence whatsoever that there was a change in Soothing Mist. No patch notes, nothing.
    I call placebo effect.
    Couldn't agree more. Until Blizzard confirms that they even made a change, let alone what that change even is, there is NO proof whatsoever that they changed anything. This whole "well they definitely changed something because now I'm getting roughly 3 chi a channel of SM is ridiculous." Use your heads. Each heal from SM has a 30% chance to grant a chi on both the PTR and on live. The SM channel is roughly 7 seconds and ticks 9 times, the same thing as on live. Guess what, with 9 ticks each with a 30% chance you SHOULD average out to 3 chi a channel, THE SAME THAT'S ON LIVE. Nothing has changed. Sometimes you'll get 1 or 2 chi from the channel, sometimes you'll get 4. Thats the inherent problem right now, its completely rng based and doesn't provide us with a consistent and reliable chi generation.

Deleted
    ...Why?

I'm saying they didn't increase Chi gen. They clearly didn't, see the value 30% on both live and PTR builds. If you're insisting that they added a "guarantee" like the warlock's Nightfall mechanic I can tell you that's bull, there are times on the PTR I've went 3 casts in a row with 0 chi procs or 1 chi. Basically what you're experiencing is called a placebo, and all this "SOOTHING IS SO GOOD NOW" is bull feedback that's going to hurt us badly if they actually decide not to increase it's reliability.

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 05:23 PM ----------

Also, there's a chance something has been implemented on the PTR. All we get from data mining is client side data, if the server side script which drives Chi procs is edited on the PTR we can't see it. I've been doing enough testing now to say that either their "fix" is shit, or it's not implemented at all.

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 05:28 PM ----------

Another thing, if they were to keep it at a 30% over a given duration but added effectively guaranteed procs there would need to be Chi droughts to keep it to a 30% chance.

Deleted
    Stop saying this please.
    Okay. I wrote what I have read on the patch notes, you have done more testing than me so thanks for the correction. If you are going to point out a mistake though, why not try to say why it was a mistake so that anyone reading it will know what the truth is, rather than being condescending about it. We're all trying to help each other here.

Maybe they will implement something in the next build *shrug*

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post20304937

The SM change was never in the patch notes, it was a blue post. As a rule of thumb, any change greg mentions that they're "trying out" is on an internal build for their developers to mess around with to see how it feels. I'm not trying to be condescending as much as I am trying to communicate how badly it would be if people were to give them positive feedback regarding a change that hasn't really happened, if we go live as we are on the PTR it's game over.

Also, just noticed something extremely irritating. Does anyone else have a ~2 second latency between casting Renewing Mist and having uplift castable?
    Last edited by mmoc3f252392be; 2013-02-25 at 06:54 PM.

I've noticed the ReM/uplift delay on PTR during raid testing, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    I've noticed the ReM/uplift delay on PTR during raid testing, yes.
    Oh god, they are going to give us the deathblow aren't they? Incoming blue post stating "In order to further discourage the use of Uplift, there will now be a 2sec delay before you can use Uplift after casting Renewing Mist."

I might be crazy, but I was pretty certain that I had successfully did a macro before with jab and expel harm, and that it was working fine. Now it seems the GCD blocks it. Did they change something recently that I was not aware of ? Maybe it's been that way since 5.1 and I just didn't notice, but I'm pretty sure my macro used to work.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Jayra View Post
    Oh god, they are going to give us the deathblow aren't they? Incoming blue post stating "In order to further discourage the use of Uplift, there will now be a 2sec delay before you can use Uplift after casting Renewing Mist."
    It's likely this is because of the latency on US servers if you're playing from EU.

I'm playing on US from US.

Ultimately, a delay between ReM/uplift isn't a HUGE deal since we don't exactly want to use uplift when we only have 1-3 out in the first place (in most cases).