Deleted
    You can also use Vampiric Embrace and Ancestral Guidance or Halo to Heal the adds.

Halo seems like it would be absolutely retarded for healing adds if positioned correctly...

Also, why don't they just prevent raid CD's from doing this and not nerf our raid CD on every other fight? (I guess at this point its still getting large overheal anyway but still...also get it with double trinket procs + spirit of chi ji -> LOLOLOL [cloak proc is just amusing, but even with double trinkets up it's ridiculous].

Deleted
    I'd rather not wait for a 2 min icd trinket proc to make my cooldown worth pressing

Xuen on Iron Juggernaut. Oh boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coppas View Post
    This is a needed change IMO pallies have been sadly lacking this xpac and now at least they will be able to compete with other healers.
    Kappa

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Xuen on Iron Juggernaut. Oh boy!
    I was impressed he managed to hit the boss

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I'd rather not wait for a 2 min icd trinket proc to make my cooldown worth pressing
    I said it was amusing, not that it had to be done. It simply happened to line up whenever I pressed my CD during testing, and gives ridiculous results as one might imagine.

Anywho, How does revival interact with the cleave trinket? Does it even interact? Will our revival have 25 3.11% chances to proc? Or 1 3.11% chance to add 5 targets?...etc. That's what I'm looking at next.

Deleted
    Revival worked with the old version of the trinket. I was casting Revival on myself in Shrine and standing in a massive group of people and revival cleaved onto them all . I assume it works with this trinket too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    If you don't want do scan our whole discussion:
    I wrote a simulator for the case that SoM remembers it's state after interruption (chimerian verified this behaviour through long ingame testing)
    It only accounts for single target use, I dont know how switching targets interacts with SoM though :-(

In such a scenario average Chance to get Chi per tick is 34.02%
    In 92.3% of the cases you'll get a Chi in 2-4 ticks. (Before the change outliers where much more common)
    Yep thanks, here's a link to make it maybe easier to find for any other curious people later.

Okey, as this mechanic isn't that easy to math out, I wrote a little programm to simulate it.
    The result, after 10 million simulated Soothing Mist channels (at 9 ticks each):

Average Chance to gain Chi: 34.02%

Chi gained: 0. Chance: 0.0%
    Chi gained: 1. Chance: 1.4%
    Chi gained: 2. Chance: 25.2%
    Chi gained: 3. Chance: 45.1%
    Chi gained: 4. Chance: 22.9%
    Chi gained: 5. Chance: 4.9%
    Chi gained: 6. Chance: 0.5%
    Chi gained: 7. Chance: 0.03%
    Chi gained: 8. Chance: 0.0008%
    Chi gained: 9. Chance: 0.00001%

as we can see, the amount of Chi gained is highly concentrated around the middle. in about 93% of the cases, you will be getting 2-4 Chi.
    This is a significant improvement to how it is handled on live!

ps: as a side note, this numbers also reflect the ingame tests Chimerian did, so I we can safely assume it's correct
    for sake of clarification: those above posted values are all under the assumption that SM remembers the tick state of the previous SM.
    I ran another simulation showing the results if SM does NOT remember, i.E. the first tick of a new SM channel is always 15%.
    these are the results:

Average Chi gain per Tick: 31.5%

Chi gained: 0. Chance: 0.0%
    Chi gained: 1. Chance: 3.2%
    Chi gained: 2. Chance: 34.1%
    Chi gained: 3. Chance: 42.5%
    Chi gained: 4. Chance: 16.9%
    Chi gained: 5. Chance: 3.0%
    Chi gained: 6. Chance: 0.23%
    Chi gained: 7. Chance: 0.01%
    Chi gained: 8. Chance: 0.0004%
    Chi gained: 9. Chance: 0.00001%

Now these results are significantly different from what Chimarians sample provided, whereas the old results (assuming SM has a memory) where quite similar, so we can assume that SM does remember.
    I really hope this is the fact, so we don't have to game Chi procc chance by canceling after Chi ticks near the end of an SM... would be anoying
    - - - Updated - - -

It looks extremely likely that SooM remembers ticks even if you switch targets. I'm on a high pop server, so for about 15 minutes I ran around Shrine casting SooM on random people and immediately canceling it with movement before the 2nd tick (i.e. before 0.7s later). Thus I got one SooM tick on people and switched targets after every tick.

I figure that if it doesn't reset for people not in your party/raid, then it would probably not reset for people IN your party/raid. What I mean is that I'm not concerned that I wasn't grouped with them.

If SooM does not remember ticks, each tick should have an independent 15% chance to generate chi. If it does remember ticks, we should see about 35% chi generation per tick, and the ticks between chi gains should be upper bounded by 7 ticks.

Of 96 SooM ticks I generated 37 chi, which is 38.5%. Though a smaller sample size than 1000 ticks or whatever, the massive difference between 0.15 and 0.385 is evident. However, note also the WAY I gained chi:

(For each data set I let my chi get high, then spent some with EM and waiting out-of-combat until chi was 0 then kept going)
    Data set 1:
    13 ticks, 4 chi

Set 2:
    12 ticks, 5 chi

Set 3:
    11 ticks, 4 chi

Set 4:
    11 ticks, 4 chi

Set 5:
    11 ticks, 4 chi

Set 6:
    11 ticks, 4 chi

Set 7:
    11 ticks, 4 chi

Set 8:
    13 ticks, 4 chi

Set 9:
    14 ticks, 4 chi

Since the chi generation is also obviously pretty consistent, we can probably say with a sizable amount of confidence that interrupting your channel AND switching targets both do not reset your SooM chi generation bad luck protection.

Good job Blizz, you didn't accidentally make SooM *completely* unintuitive to use correctly. :P
    Last edited by Geodew; 2013-08-30 at 01:46 AM.

Hard to make any judgements based on today's testing. All the fight were obviously undertuned. I need Spoils of Pandaria to check 1 thing which made me curious about MWs, but until then I'm going to keep quiet about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coppas View Post
    This is a needed change IMO pallies have been sadly lacking this xpac and now at least they will be able to compete with other healers.
    Kappa

smacking around the target dummie while throwing out heals (no raid because flex was turned off even when heroic ended GG blizz) i noticed i would get legendary cloak procs anywhere from 1.5 to 3 min apart..... at what point does the 900 crit and haste out weigh this very rng proc? if the proc doesn't line up just right its a huge nerf imo. also will we be able to keep both cloaks? thinkin on fights where the damage is only in certain phases or times maybe switch to the dps epic cloak and for sustained damage fights use the legendary.

am i just underestimating how big this proc is or do you get more consistent procs in raid?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Hard to make any judgements based on today's testing. All the fight were obviously undertuned. I need Spoils of Pandaria to check 1 thing which made me curious about MWs, but until then I'm going to keep quiet about it.
    Well now I'm curious :I

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by womd View Post
    smacking around the target dummie while throwing out heals (no raid because flex was turned off even when heroic ended GG blizz) i noticed i would get legendary cloak procs anywhere from 1.5 to 3 min apart..... at what point does the 900 crit and haste out weigh this very rng proc? if the proc doesn't line up just right its a huge nerf imo. also will we be able to keep both cloaks? thinkin on fights where the damage is only in certain phases or times maybe switch to the dps epic cloak and for sustained damage fights use the legendary.

am i just underestimating how big this proc is or do you get more consistent procs in raid?
    The proc isn't doing enough for MW right now because of the SCK change. The fact that holy paladins are getting way more out of it as a non output healer seems kinda dumb. The vast majority of pulls last night it was doing like 2% maybe of my healing lol

Deleted
    guys,i saw on official ptr forums that many of t16 bossess abilities target MWs even if they're ranged only. Can someone who tested everything make a short list of these abilities? It could be a pain in the ass now that we sck spam in melee :P

Quote Originally Posted by n3kr0s View Post
    guys,i saw on official ptr forums that many of t16 bossess abilities target MWs even if they're ranged only. Can someone who tested everything make a short list of these abilities? It could be a pain in the ass now that we sck spam in melee :P
    can you link to that post?

Deleted
    I'm referring to this post . Reglitch and others confirmed that mortar cannon targets MWs, but i don't know which abilities from other bossess the lvl1 druid is referring to that's why i asked

I've been to most tests and all the bosses and I haven't seen a boss where I wouldn't have been able to stay in melee when I wanted to.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm referring to this post . Reglitch and others confirmed that mortar cannon targets MWs, but i don't know which abilities from other bossess the lvl1 druid is referring to that's why i asked
    Mortar cannon targeted all melee on our test.

Oh, and you must use SCK glyph or else you're screwed

Well thats not an official post :P And if it did target a MW i think it was a bug

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    The proc isn't doing enough for MW right now because of the SCK change. The fact that holy paladins are getting way more out of it as a non output healer seems kinda dumb. The vast majority of pulls last night it was doing like 2% maybe of my healing lol
    So if we're doing less overhealing with more SCK usage does that put more value on the DPS cloak? Does the extra crit and damage proc outweigh the healing proc?

Has anyone had a chance to confirm whether or not the damage proc heals through eminence?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oratory View Post
    So if we're doing less overhealing with more SCK usage does that put more value on the DPS cloak? Does the extra crit and damage proc outweigh the healing proc?

Has anyone had a chance to confirm whether or not the damage proc heals through eminence?
    I'm not seeing it being worth it, the gain from going DPS cloak is like what - 900 crit? That's 1.5% extra raw healing - where the cloak is doing a sum of 2% of your actually effective healing.

Reglitch we are seeing ALOT of red sockets on gear next tier are we looking at a lot of int gems int / crit gems or crit gems for those items. My guess is that the ah will be missing a lot of potent gems.

At 9k haste and 40k spell power the DPS proc averages out to about 4.8k DPS* single target - and via eminence 2.4k HPS. Considerably higher when it can cleave. At 150k HPS the proc is 1.6% of that.

Factor in the additional ~600 crit (you'd reforge the healing cape so it's not the full 900) and I think the caster cloak pulls ahead.

*Math: 2 * 40k spell power * 2.61 RPPM * 1.4 haste / 60 seconds = 4872