Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    So by your logic then transplanted organs are 'parasites' aswell? :/
    They are just that: Transplanted organs. Just like the fetus is just that: a Mutual fetus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    which laws? the law of bodily autonomy protects men, and women go to jail for not supporting their children.
    Yeah, it's not like one visit to a psychologist gives you grounds to get rid of them completely. Nope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    They are just that: Transplanted organs.
    But they were not a part of you before you got them, they must be parasitic by your definition.

But they were not a part of you before you got them, they must be parasitic by your definition.
    I said "Like a parasite or piece of metal", never claimed only those 2 options apply. Example =/= sweeping statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Yeah, it's not like one visit to a psychologist gives you grounds to get rid of them completely. Nope.
    you cant get rid if what you dont have...

but if people are going to argue that fetuses are children (and therefore have the same rights as children) that kind of renders the whole "men should have abortions" thing moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't know if I've ever seen a more pathetic "what about the menz" argument than comparing circumcision to abortion.
    And i have never seen a more pathetic "Womenz have it sooo much harder" argument then claiming cirmumcision is not a violation of bodily autonomy.

Deleted
    I said "Like a parasite or piece of metal", never claimed only those 2 options apply. Example =/= sweeping statement.
    So do explain how it is not a part of her body then.

What parasites exist that pose a threat to the host(human hosts) if they're injured?

Wow, this argument is still going on? Look, there's some people in the world that want men to be entirely and unequivocally at the mercy of women in some areas in life; that's just the way it is and their minds aren't going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Wow, this argument is still going on? Look, there's some people in the world that want men to be entirely and unequivocally at the mercy of women in some areas in life; that's just the way it is and their minds aren't going to change.
    "You can't have no in your heart" - Joe Dirt

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Still doesn't make his argument in all other aspects wrong.
    His arguments are pretty poor in their own right, but I honestly think that someone who openly states that they don't like female bodily autonomy shouldn't be treated like they're a reasonable participant in a conversation.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 09:03 AM ----------

And i have never seen a more pathetic "Womenz have it sooo much harder" argument then claiming cirmumcision is not a violation of bodily autonomy.
    A body modification to an infant that has some measurable positive effects may or may not be a great idea, but it's not at all similar to denying adults bodily autonomy. Really though, you've made it clear that you think women are effectively property, so I this will clearly fall on deaf ears.

Deleted
    His arguments are pretty poor in their own right, but I honestly think that someone who openly states that they don't like female bodily autonomy shouldn't be treated like they're a reasonable participant in a conversation.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 09:03 AM ----------

A body modification to an infant that has some measurable positive effects may or may not be a great idea, but it's not at all similar to denying adults bodily autonomy. Really though, you've made it clear that you think women are effectively property, so I this will clearly fall on deaf ears.
    Uhhhhhhhhhhh no.

Really though, you've made it clear that you think women are effectively property, so I this will clearly fall on deaf ears.
    I have? Really? Is this because i said they should bare the whole responsibility for a child they chose to have while knowing the male chose not to have? Because in this case i am treating them as equals and not as "things that need finanical support from men".

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Uhhhhhhhhhhh no.
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/malecircumcision/

Several types of research have documented that male circumcision significantly reduces the risk of men contracting HIV through penile-vaginal sex.

I have? Really? Is this because i said they should bare the whole responsibility for a child they chose to have while knowing the male chose not to have? Because in this case i am treating them as equals and not as "things that need finanical support from men".
    I agree with this. This is equality. If a woman can opt out with no penalty and no say from the man, the man should be able to as well.

Deleted
    So do explain how it is not a part of her body then.

What parasites exist that pose a threat to the host(human hosts) if they're injured?
    First of all im not on board with the child = parasite thing like at all, i find it a ridiculous and shameful comparison, hopefully some parent comes and yells the shit outa you people.

However

Definition of Parasite:
    Biology An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.
    2. When a tapeworm dies inside its host the host will have digestive problems :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post

2. When a tapeworm dies inside its host the host will have digestive problems :P
    They pose a threat to the host even while being alive though, not just when injured/dead.

They pose a threat to the host even while being alive though, not just when injured.
    So does the fetus.

Deleted
    So does the fetus.
    How does a healthy fetus pose a threat to the mother?