Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Chris Christie - the future of the USA?!?

I've watched David Letterman's Late Show last night.
    He had Chris Christie as guest. I found it hilarious. At the same time, I came to realize how much the country would be in need of such men, like Christie.
    REAL politicians, real in the meaning of guys who understand what the people actually want.
    To me, he's such a rare breed. Elected by the people, to do the job for the people. And never losing his personality as one of the people.
    His personality comes across, as if he's a co worker of you. If no one ever told you, he's the Governor of New Jersey, and for many wished to run for President, who would know? He's - to me - a refreshing example of how politicians should be, yet most of them forgot their purpose.

He also gave nice, and in parts even shocking (although not surprising) insider views.

Here's the link to the entire show. You can skip to about 17/18 minutes, that's when Christie comes into play.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/late_show/v...-show-2-4-2013

PS: The thread title isn't literal. It's meant rather as in "Guys like him"..

Christie would have to go back and respec Democrat. The radical sect of the Republican Party won't let him succeed on a national stage.

He showed that he was able to put partisan bullshit aside during Sandy. That, more than anything, is what we need. No more of this "us vs them" nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Christie would have to go back and respec Democrat. The radical sect of the Republican Party won't let him succeed on a national stage.
    This and his policies are also kind of moot. Hard to really name much he has done in office. The nominee is going to be Marco Rubio easy. Hispanic can get other hispanics in Republican eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch the show .... A chance for Christie to run for office is near zero. He explains why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    This and his policies are also kind of moot. Hard to really name much he has done in office. The nominee is going to be Marco Rubio easy. Hispanic can get other hispanics in Republican eyes.
    That worked so well with Sarah Palin drawing in the woman vote rite?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post

It would help if the woman had brain cells instead of just being a tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like some of his views, but I like his style, and think he's probably the best Republican to come into the national spotlight in quite some time.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    He had Chris Christie as guest. I found it hilarious. At the same time, I came to realize how much the country would be in need of such men, like Christie.
    REAL politicians, real in the meaning of guys who understand what the people actually want.
    To me, he's such a rare breed. Elected by the people, to do the job for the people. And never losing his personality as one of the people.
    His personality comes across, as if he's a co worker of you. If no one ever told you, he's the Governor of New Jersey, and for many wished to run for President, who would know? He's - to me - a refreshing example of how politicians should be, yet most of them forgot their purpose.

He also gave nice, and in parts even shocking (although not surprising) insider views.

Here's the link to the entire show. You can skip to about 17/18 minutes, that's when Christie comes into play.

Beware the cult of personality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post

the president can be as non partisan as he wants. it wont matter until congress learns to work together to get something.....anything done. i dont see politics changing anytime soon.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Hey I did not say the shit made sense. It is some blank and white way of looking at the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    People see him like they saw Obama and then will turn his their back on him just like Obama once they realize one man does not control the US.

I like him. He did SNL once. I would learn about his politics at the Federal level. The media won't give him a fair deal as long as he is a big guy though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    It would help if the woman had brain cells instead of just being a tool.

It's easy to make a "Sarah Palin is dumb" joke, yet she was a highly successful Governor of Alaska. It's easy to make fun of attractive Conservative women. It's like telling a knock knock joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    It's easy to make a "Sarah Palin is dumb" joke, yet she was a highly successful Governor of Alaska. It's easy to make fun of attractive Conservative women. It's like telling a knock knock joke.
    Palin sure as hell didn't make it any harder.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

i dont agree with his policy, but i respect him. i like his ability to call bullshit what it is. if he won the primary and was in the general when an idiot made a dumbass rape comment i can only imagine his response. my guess is he wouldnt remain silent or give the comment a nod as romney did
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

I don't remember people making fun of Palin because she was attractive, corservative or a woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alaska isn't that hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I don't remember people making fun of Palin because she was attractive, corservative or a woman.
    Then you haven't paid attention.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Alaska isn't that hard.
    That's just crazy.

BTW, not a huge Palin fan. But, I am a Christie fan. Also, Rubio and Rand Paul.

I personally hope Rand Paul runs for President in 2016.

she was a highly successful Governor of Alaska
    i suppose, if you consider resigning because of ethics violations in her first term "successful". on second thought, maybe we really do joke her because of her incompetence and general unfitness for office
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.