Page 40 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    oh, my fuck, are you just trolling us? thats like saying a butter knife isn't used for butter when i can use it to spread Mayo on my sandwich. no thats a horrible analogy. a more accurate one would be mines aren't used to kill people when a majority of them are used as a deterrent from people going places. if guns weren't made to kill things then the atom bomb was designed to just give off a lil extra light for when people needed it. holy shit where do you get these ideas.
    I'll tell you where I don't get them: MSNBC, FauxNews, CNN, RT, Current, or any other biased bullshit source. There's literally hundreds of firearms designed solely for sport shooting, i.e. competitions, or hunting. My shotgun that I pointed out, is highly sought among gun enthusiasts, not because it's designed to kill humans, but because it's a beautiful firearm, and has one of the best "actions" in the world of shotguns, and when fitted with a slug barrel (which is the only way I can hunt deer in my area of New York State) is one of, if not the most accurate slug guns in the WORLD. Now, if it were designed to kill people, it would have a short barrel, pistol grip, telescopic stock, and hardware for mounting a bayonet or grenade launcher or some shit on it, because clearly THOSE are what makes them dangerous based on the current legislation the democrats are seeking to have passed.
    Last edited by Priestiality; 2013-01-17 at 02:46 AM.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Sorry, that's not a fact. It's a conclusion you came to.
    No, it is historical, verifiable fact. Guns were designed as weapons of war, by war tacticians, to more efficiently kill enemy soldiers. Just like the Longbow.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I'll say again, the assault weapon ban is fucking retarded. It makes no sense, and won't work. Bans never really do.

Licensing, training, and safety measures will work, and that seems to be the focus of these executive orders.
    Licensing, training and safety for assault weapons is taught by the military. If you want to use one go sign the dotted line. Civilians don't need them.

Partly.

Limited capacity magazines? No.

Tougher back ground checks? Should have been that way from the beginning, imo.
    Kind of having a hard time finding out where his EO on magazines is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    His administration did gun walking. Their operation wasn't called the same thing but the general idea was the same.
    I hear ya. Obama's operation ended up with a Border Agent death, so the press blew up.

But I wonder if in the Democratic presidency of 2042 if when the crap hits the fan, we'll hear, "This is a direct result of the policies of President Bush."

Sorry, that's not a fact. It's a conclusion you came to.
    no they are. they just dont fit your argument so you say it's not true. but it is.

Why has the DHS secured 1.6 billion rounds of jacketed hollow point ammunition over the last 9 months?. Meanwhile introducing new gun laws to slowly dismantle the 2nd amendment. Are they gearing up for something such as civil war?

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    But I wonder if in the Democratic presidency of 2042 if when the crap hits the fan, we'll hear, "This is a direct result of the policies of President Bush."
    Dacien....

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem View Post
    Why has the DHS secured 1.6 billion rounds of jacketed hollow point ammunition over the last 9 months?. Meanwhile introducing new gun laws to slowly dismantle the 2nd amendment. Are they gearing up for something such as civil war?
    I have never heard of government agencies buying in super bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The fact that kendo and fencing are sports does not change that swords are designed to kill people.

I've used a gun professionally, and I'm relatively pro-fun, but the idea that there are people posting here who don't consider guns to be weapons designed expressly for killing scares the bejesus out of me. It shows and clear lack of respect for the firearm and what it is capable of, meaning you're a potential danger to everyone around you when you're handling the weapon.
    Some anecdotal evidence proving that I have no idea how to handle a firearm because I think it can be used for something other than killing?

Why am I not surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard some republicans trying to say that the recent economic swing back was due to "Reaganomics finally kicking in"

So beats me.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep looking! I'm sure its in there somewhere....
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Some anecdotal evidence proving that I have no idea how to handle a firearm because I think it can be used for something other than killing?

Why am I not surprised.
    What you use it for and what it is inherently designed for are different things.

You can do a lot of non-violent things with a gun, that doesn't negate the fact that they are weapons, plain and simple, that were created to maim and kill.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Dacien....
    Jus' sayin', my man, Bush bears a heay burden for everything under the sun. When something goes bad, it's somehow Bush's fault.

Got Bin Laden? Happend on Obama's watch, his credit.

Failed gun running op? Bush did it first, his fault.

Maybe because you missed the part where I never said anything about an EO on magazine sizes. It's a common item on the gun control wish list.

Wasn't that rated false on Politifact?
    It was started in 2006. Obama was in office in 2008. It was named Operation Wide reciever then. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

Jus' sayin', my man, Bush bears a heay burden for everything under the sun. When something goes bad, it's somehow Bush's fault.

Got Bin Laden? Happend on Obama's watch, his credit.

Failed gun running op? Bush did it first, his fault.
    I'm really fascinated that conservatives think the effects of an administration that was in power for 8 years don't even last for the next 8 years.

Or shooting for enjoyment, or sport, or competition, or perhaps you just collect guns without ever intending to shoot them. There are purposes for owning and shooting guns besides killing things, just because you don't think they are real doesn't invalidate them.
    if i use a fork to eat salad and then use one to eat meat im not going to say "TOTALLY DIFFERENT PURPOSES!" because i used it on different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    What you use it for and what it is inherently designed for are different things.

You can do a lot of non-violent things with a gun, that doesn't negate the fact that they are weapons, plain and simple, that were created to maim and kill.
    So, if I buy a rifle that is designed for competition shooting, that's okay, but if I buy a "weapon soldiers take to war" that's not okay? lol

Maybe because you missed the part where I never said anything about an EO on magazine sizes. It's a common item on the gun control wish list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    You mean kinda like what Obama proposed in his 23 orders then?
    Partly.

Limited capacity magazines? No.

Tougher back ground checks? Should have been that way from the beginning, imo.
    So you didn't read what he wrote then.