Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just had a random battle at chapter 25. God, those enemies. Caster with over 70 HP is not nice. I don't want to imagine how many HP Berserkers would have had there. They teared through my best units with ease if I didn't pay attention for a second (oh, that Falcon Knight has a Beastslayer? Well, say good bye to Lissa. D: )

Also, my Chrom has 4 stats maxed at the moment. Are the maximum stats acutally the same for each character or do they change if they change the class? So could Chrom get, for example, a maximum of 45 STR if I would change him to a Paladin, instead of his 40 he would have as an Archlord (or whatever his "normal" promotion is called in english - and I know those aren't his max stats, it's an example! xD)?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    I'm pairing Lon'qu with Cordelia as well... o.O
    Kinda creeped out, Also did this.

Clearly it is meant to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Also, my Chrom has 4 stats maxed at the moment. Are the maximum stats acutally the same for each character or do they change if they change the class? So could Chrom get, for example, a maximum of 45 STR if I would change him to a Paladin, instead of his 40 he would have as an Archlord (or whatever his "normal" promotion is called in english - and I know those aren't his max stats, it's an example! xD)?
    The max stats are dependant on their class. You can check the class max stats on the wiki, like Great Lord [The name you were looking for]. The caps are also different for Male/Female obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Kinda creeped out, Also did this.

Clearly it is meant to be.
    Yeah I couldn't really imagine Cordelia with anyone else...

10+ Year Old Account
    T
    Yeah I couldn't really imagine Cordelia with anyone else...
    Olivia for me with him.

The max stats are dependant on their class. You can check the class max stats on the wiki, like Great Lord [The name you were looking for]. The caps are also different for Male/Female obviously.
    That isn't quite true. Each class has "base" max stats, and each unit has modifications to those maximums. For example, Maribelle's max stat modifiers give her -3 str -3 def +2 mag (and a few others, I don't remember it all off the top of my head). So, as an example, if dark flier has base caps of 38 str, 41 mag, 35 def, Maribelle's caps as a dark flier would be 35 str, 43 mag, 32 def.

I prefer serenes to the wiki.

Deleted
    Yesh, that's why I whine that Donnel sucks and can go die in a fire! (Maribelle also gets +1 Skill, +2 Resistance and +3 Luck, ze more you know! Yes, I'm a nasty powergamer.)

As for promoting "early" in FE4, you do not have to worry about that. Levels do not reset in that game upon promotion, meaning that regardless of when you promote, you never lose out on "effective" levels. And well, it's arguably better to promote earlier in that case, because you get to enjoy the power boosts of promotions earlier.

Also, finally Chapter 11 done. Went "What did I do to deserve this, Chrom?" when he game over'd me three times by being hit by 6%, 14% and 16% axes in three different runs. -_-
    Last edited by mmoc7d4827b7f1; 2013-05-01 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Apparently runes=runs

10+ Year Old Account
    Cordelia + Gaius and Lon'qu + Maribelle for me. Brady has such amazinginly funny supports with Lon'qu. xD
    I only have one Severa + Gaius support, but that one was also funny as hell. xD

And thanks regarding the max stats.

Deleted
    Sigh, Lunatic sure jumped up in difficulty once enemies began promoting. <_<

Anyway, Roy and EXPonential Growth tomorrow! Maybe we'll even be rewarded with one of the hot Spotpass bonus maps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally all children recruited. Yarne's mission was acutally quite hard if you fought both sides, because so many friggin enemies started to swarm you. Then again, the rewards were well worth it.
    Do characters actually have to retrain weapon skills if they forget them when changing the class (for example if I would make Tharja into a Sniper, she can't use tomes anymore - does she start with rank E again if she could use them again?)? If so that would definitly limit my playing way, because retraining sucks ass. xD

Deleted
    Finally all children recruited. Yarne's mission was acutally quite hard if you fought both sides, because so many friggin enemies started to swarm you. Then again, the rewards were well worth it.
    Do characters actually have to retrain weapon skills if they forget them when changing the class (for example if I would make Tharja into a Sniper, she can't use tomes anymore - does she start with rank E again if she could use them again?)? If so that would definitly limit my playing way, because retraining sucks ass. xD
    You never have to retrain your skills, they will be remembered. And Yarnes mission can be a real pain indeed. Well unless you have an overpowered manakete nearby who takes on one of the sides alone...

10+ Year Old Account
    I had an overpowered Chrom with MU, but still, I wanted to give at least some EXP to the rest of my team... xD

And thats good to know, so I can try to get some skills without havint to retrain weapon ranks.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can fight both sides on that one? Never knew that.

And yeah, you'll always keep skills/weapon levels no matter what you switch to. The only thing you can't do is keep the ability to use Dark magic if you switch from Dark mage to a normal mage or something.

Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    You can fight both sides on that one? Never knew that.

And yeah, you'll always keep skills/weapon levels no matter what you switch to. The only thing you can't do is keep the ability to use Dark magic if you switch from Dark mage to a normal mage or something.
    Unless that unit has the shadow gift skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Unless that unit has the shadow gift skill.
    True. The only way to get that is through Aversa though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    True. The only way to get that is through Aversa though, right?
    Aversa can pass it to a female Morgan, and some Spotpass/DLC characters can have it (Micaiah)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Aversa can pass it to a female Morgan, and some Spotpass/DLC characters can have it (Micaiah)
    Is it even worth it on Morgan? Competition for his/her skill slots is fierce enough without taking all those base classes from another child, and it's not like sorcerer is a terrible class for the only three spells dark magic is unique for (nosferatu, aversa's night, and mire).

Deleted
    Lon'qu + Tharja. It needed to be done.
    I could never combine MU with Nowi, i would feel like a pedophile.

Deleted
    Just recruited Inigo and Noire.
    Noire levels up twice, caps speed.
    Inigo levels up once, caps speed.
    Oh children!

Deleted
    The noobs!

Also, seems we got two new double duel challenges, Path of Radiance SpotPass and the Gangrel recruitment map, besides the already planned DLC. Go wild, Europeans!

Deleted
    Don't forget the gazillion Sacred Stones characters we got, lol.
    [I have too much to do now, Gods!]