Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Got my limited edition 3ds xl with fire emblem reinstalled + art book, think I have sunk 8 hours into it so far and only on chapter 8.

Brilliant game so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too much stuff!
    I also met two people today at university which I both recruited. :3

And god, I tried lunatic C2 today again. How the fuck am I supposed to kill anything in there without having someone die in round 1 or 2? D:

Deleted
    Well, this is how I did it:

Put Frederick with Virion's Elixirs, Avatar's Bronze Sword and a Pairup buddy a few squares north so you're in range of the Mercenary to the right, squeeze in your other guys in the four safe squares near your starting position (low movement units with the Cavaliers preferably), leave at least one free so Miriel can pair up and escape with someone.

Enemy turn, hope that Frederick doesn't get hit by Barbarian, everything else should be fairly smooth. Run into the Woods in range for extra defense and avoid, use Vulneraries/Elixirs as needed and move your other units to the right side of the map. Once everything seems stable, start baiting a few enemies (one at a time) with your army to the right so you can enjoy some experience for them.

Once the area south of the bridge is cleared, heal up and rush up to one of the Forts beyond the bridge with Frederick. Tank and kill stuff, bait some lonely enemies over to your other guys (bit difficult with the boss' Short Axe, though) and finish up when just the boss is left.

And well, depending on how lucky you were with Chrom's level ups, you could make him tank rather than Frederick (mine got enough Defense that he was just as tanky as Frederick with his Pair Up bonuses). I've heard that a Defence asset'd Avatar can more or less replace Frederick as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    FINALLY I have beaten C2 on lunatic. God, that chapter. I even restarted the game two more times to change MUs attributes (first into defense, which didn't help, then into speed, which I have now).
    The worst part is that Frederick killed both, the C1 and the C2 bosses. In C1 Sully missed the boss, so he had 1 HP too much for Chrom to kill him. In C2 Virion tought it would be a good idea to also attack with Frederick - which he did only 4 times in the whole chapter when I finally beat it and one of those was of course during the boss which killed him. >_>
    The good side, Lissa, Chrom and MU all head one really great (6+ stats) level up during C2, so I am not sure if I really should try that chapter again. Next problem: No more elixier uses and Chrom, MU, Lissa, Sully and Frederick are the only units who have leveld up at least once. Oh well, I hope I can finish C3 so I can finally buy items.

Edit:
    I've beaten C3, which was much easier then C1 and C2. I also used all my reputation (or... whatever the english term is... xD) to get some nice items (yeah for +2 str, +2 mag and +2 skl items :A). Now to do either C4 or Donnel's sidequest. I didn't like Donnel's sidequest in hard mode, so it will probably be hellish in lunatic. Then again, I think C4 won't be that much easier, because I am pretty sure I can't kill all enemies fast enough.
    Last edited by Marston; 2013-05-03 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    I'd recommend Chapter 4 first so you can get Lon'qu to speedytank all the Bandits. Odds are that your units probably have too crappy sword rank/evasion to reliably dodge them, while Lon'qu is sitting at ~30% or so chance of being hit on the get go. And depending on how badly you want the Killer Lance that the Thief will inevitably swipe, you'll have to destroy the initial onslaught of Bandits within 2-3 turns and rush over to the left side. Otherwise there's no real rush to beat the chapter. :x

Levelling Donnel isn't too horrible, actually. Lure out an Archer, surround him on all four sides and let Donnel poke it to death on his own. I got a level up on it at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I now recruitet the NPC in the first SpotPass DLC map. And Virion is now a Griphon Rider with E rank axes, which is so horribly wrong, imo. xD

Promoted characters learn at level 15 the last class skill, eh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    So I now recruitet the NPC in the first SpotPass DLC map. And Virion is now a Griphon Rider with E rank axes, which is so horribly wrong, imo. xD

Promoted characters learn at level 15 the last class skill, eh?
    Yeah they do, which is when you should usually reclass them. To get the most out of the levels.

Deleted
    You should actually wait until an even level (i.e. 16), because there are some silly calculations that round your internal level up at odd levels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    You should actually wait until an even level (i.e. 16), because there are some silly calculations that round your internal level up at odd levels.
    Really?
    Dang, I've reclassed them all at 15 :<

Deleted
    Well, it's not much of a loss anyway, you're hitting the internal level cap (or very close to it) by the first time you reclass a 20/15 unit.

But y'know, powergaming and efficiency and stuff!
    Last edited by mmoc7d4827b7f1; 2013-05-03 at 06:56 PM.

Deleted
    Depends on what difficulty you play on. Hard caps about 10 or something levels later and Lunatic caps a shitload later so its a lot more difficult to powerlevel characters in Lunatic :P

Deleted
    For ze details, hon hon!

And well, I seem to have been consistently gaining 12 exp with a pair'd up Avatar for a while now, at least since I reclassed from Hero to Paladin at some point. 'tis a shame, but he's more or less soloing the maps now. Sudden power spikes on enemies, grr grr.

Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    For ze details, hon hon!

And well, I seem to have been consistently gaining 12 exp with a pair'd up Avatar for a while now, at least since I reclassed from Hero to Paladin at some point. 'tis a shame, but he's more or less soloing the maps now. Sudden power spikes on enemies, grr grr.
    Sounds like you don't have paragon! You should fix that, paragon is amazing and the avatar in particular really wants it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armond View Post
    Sounds like you don't have paragon! You should fix that, paragon is amazing and the avatar in particular really wants it.
    America has the DLC, Europe doesn't yet bruh.

Deleted
    The curse of being Japan's chew toy. Why do they hate Europeans so much? D:

Well, besides the obvious fact that we're apparently really bad at buying translated Japanese games.

Oh, awesome, you guys get to talk about Tharja's hair while I farm Paragon tomes. That sucks :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armond View Post
    Oh, awesome, you guys get to talk about Tharja's hair while I farm Paragon tomes. That sucks :<
    Yeah, her hair. But she has some boingy qualities too! D:

I just looked at a lunatic random battle. Srsly, lowest level is level 5+ on the Prologue Map. And in chapter 2 they are level ~12 and start having crafted weapons. Like, srsly, wtf? xD

Deleted
    They're rather cute mid- to endgame, too. Fully capped stats, besides Strength for Sages and the like.

And there we go, Endgame, yay! Grima with capped stats, 99 HP and 80% trigger rate on Pavise, nay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, finished C4. Probably the easiest chapter yet in lunatic. So Donnel up next!

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Alright, finished C4. Probably the easiest chapter yet in lunatic. So Donnel up next!
    You're going to find him to be way too weak to be usable without some DLC work. That said, I got him to 10, benched him until I got a second seal, and then changed him to mercenary and now he's one of my best units.