Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post
    Never played a Fire Emblem game before so not really sure. Might buy it on payday.
    Then download the demo, it contains the first two chapters afaik. If you like tge gameplay buy the full game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Then download the demo, it contains the first two chapters afaik. If you like tge gameplay buy the full game.
    Didn't know their was a demo! cheers

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 05:27 PM ----------

Hmm not really my type of game.

Thank god I didn't spend £30 on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Managed to beat C5, after getting Lissa oneshotted by one of the wyverns that attack together with the boss, because she didn't have full health (would have survivded with 1 HP) and even worse, because I still could have moved her away, but thought she wasn't in range. >_>

Oh well, at least Virion and Sully start to become somewhat awesome again (as partners for MU and Chrom at least). Chrom is a monster and Frederick still pretty tanky (reached level 5 and learned Luna). Sadly, Lon'qu is not of much use at the moment. I pair him up with Frederick, but he couldn't do much in C5, because Frederick had to block the path. He is still only level 5 or 6 I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post
    Didn't know their was a demo! cheers

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 05:27 PM ----------

Hmm not really my type of game.

Thank god I didn't spend £30 on that.

That's quite a negative comment for a demo of 2 chapters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post

That's quite a negative comment for a demo of 2 chapters.
    Well, considering that the start of the game is pretty hard (C1 and C2 in particular are pretty hard imo), maybe... xD

Deleted
    Well, considering that the start of the game is pretty hard (C1 and C2 in particular are pretty hard imo), maybe... xD
    Well I thought it was maybe because the first 2 chapters aren't that exciting, compared to the later ones anyway :P
    And it's quite easy on Normal to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah well, normal. Like, easy mode. xD

But imo on hard the first few chapters where much harder then the middle part.

Deleted
    Yeah well, normal. Like, easy mode. xD

But imo on hard the first few chapters where much harder then the middle part.
    Well newcomers to the series should probably play Normal :P
    I found the first chapters on hard to be quite challenging, which is nice.

Deleted
    Nearly all Fire Emblems are harder in the beginning due to your units sucking until they gain a few levels.

Well, except maybe Thracia 776. Because screw friendly mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't really say that. Pretty much every Fire Emblem has at least a few really punishing mission. And imo, FE 7 and 8 are much easier in the beginning than later on. And FE 10 has the most horrible endboss in every FE game, imo. I even had the restart the whole game because of it, I simply couldn't beat it. D:

Deleted
    I wouldn't really say that. Pretty much every Fire Emblem has at least a few really punishing mission. And imo, FE 7 and 8 are much easier in the beginning than later on. And FE 10 has the most horrible endboss in every FE game, imo. I even had the restart the whole game because of it, I simply couldn't beat it. D:
    I actually like the FE10 Final Boss. The only one I found challenging. Except Random Dragon maybe, who was stronger than Formortiis and Idoun combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    I actually like the FE10 Final Boss. The only one I found challenging. Except Random Dragon maybe, who was stronger than Formortiis and Idoun combined.
    I also liked the FE 10 endboss. There was just a small problem:

I didn't realize that your equipped weapon gets enchanted before entering the tower. Most of my characters had weak wepons equiped (like Steel Axe for exmaple) because there were only a few uses left and I didn't want to use my unique weapons for normal enemies.

Then I got to Ashera and pretty much Ena and Ike were the only ones who could deal a decent amount of damage. Rhys or someone got always killed in round 2 and from there on all of my team would have been wiped out slowly, because I couldn't really deal any damage. So I had to restart the whole game. Skipping all dialogues and turning battle sequences off, my playtime was reduced from ~50 hours to ~30 hours I think. But god, that was annoying as fuck.

Deleted
    Well, Ashera was the only end boss who wasn't just a souped up unit. Though admittedly, most of the annoyance with her were the Auras protecting her with damage reflection. Fortify staff spam hoy.

...Does that make Ashera just a souped up unit and the Auras the actual heroes?

Deleted
    Hah, that was pretty bad then. It is rather strange that you can't bless multiple weapons though, never really understood that.

Deleted
    All my 3 Dark Fliers were lvl 13, so i decided "well fuck it" and went for the dlc exp growth to get them all to 16 for galeforce and class change, because i hate dark fliers low caps with passion. Now im ready to do the final cha---battery red...
    I play while in my bed, and lets just say the charger doesnt reach that far without me being in a very uncomfortable position >.<
    So i guess doing the final chapter will have to wait til tomorrow. On the plus side, ive done all the chapters, sidechapters and dlc thingies i can possibly do currently, so its just the last one left. After that, its probably some resting due to the awesomeness making me not want to play it for a day, then starting either on lunatic, or doing those support conversations :P

10+ Year Old Account
    My 3DS died on me the other day. So much rage and anger right now when I'm SO CLOSE to finishing this =(
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    After that, its probably some resting due to the awesomeness making me not want to play it for a day, then starting either on lunatic, or doing those support conversations :P
    Suggest filling out support convos for the children first, because those are unique per marriage (or close enough). After that, fuck yeah Fredrick Emblem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frederick is at least a really good Jeigan, imo. Learns Luna and fucks ass at the beginning and thansk to reclassing he can even be used later on!

And I FINALLY have all characters back to promoted classes. Most are level 1, but it nice to see something like "+16 Mag, +12 Skl, +12 Res" when promoting someone. xD

Frederick is at least a really good Jeigan, imo. Learns Luna and fucks ass at the beginning and thansk to reclassing he can even be used later on!
    He really is good, even if his super long term viability is questionable. It's rather unfortunate that the only defensive skills he gets access to are Aegis, Pavise, Dual Guard+, and Swordbreaker, since none of them are quite strong enough to make me want to use him over any of the number of people who get Sol. But "Pick a god and pray!" is easily one of the best quotes in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally beat Chapter 5 in FE 4 and reached the halfway point, as well as the second generation. Dat event at the end of C5, woah.

Also, C6 does start off really "nice". Level 20 general as the first boss? Of course, why not? You only have a broken Jeigan and the rest of your units is maybe level 5 or so and deals a maximum fo 10 damags and is dead after 2 hits. Yeah, awesome... xD