heroic lei shen: helm of command question

looking up the spell on wowhead.

it states that one of its effects is to make an object visible.

im assuming this object is to prevent yourself from being thrown off the platform so you dont have to resort to using a warlock portal.

does anyone know what this object is?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=139011#comments

^^^ effect#2

Might just be referring to the wind spell effect. still weird though.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

usually if its something like that it would just say spell effect.. but it clearly states an object, so there MUST be something that shows up that people can click on to help save themselves without the need of a warlock portal or life grip or whatever.

blizzard doesnt usually design spells that REQUIRE a class, there has to be some gimmick to survive helm of command.

Deleted
    yeah, I noticed map this effectspell... So I believe we must take action again rabadon's cap.

because, burgers
    Last edited by mmoc265e08cf5b; 2013-04-26 at 12:21 AM. Reason: asper

I've only gotten helm a dozen times or so but I never noticed any additional object, and none of the rest of us have, so I'm fairly sure there is no "gimmick" involved with this other than just not being pushed off the edge.

We estimate it pushes you off at around ~180% run speed, so if you're moving "against the current", you're going to be pushed back somewhere around 56 yards, which is roughly equal to the center of the room to one of the corners with 0 speed boosts.

You can then factor in speed/movement boosts for each class, and realize that dks and priests are the only classes that need help if they get helmed.

It's an interesting mechanic - something that encourages you to be near the center of the platform, yet overcharge which comes directly before it encourages you to be near the edges. Two conflicting resolutions which emphasizes personal responsibility - how far back can you be and still survive helm, while staying away from others and not close enough to overcharge the other quadrants?

Deleted
    i don't think there's much of a mystery to it, it's probably just phrased badly. to me, it sounds like it would kick the target out of stealth/vanish/invis. another explanation might be that the pillars light up when Helm of Command is active.
    Last edited by mmocc23bbb0a5f; 2013-04-26 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zora View Post
    i don't think there's much of a mystery to it, it's probably just phrased badly. to me, it sounds like it would kick the target out of stealth/vanish/invis. another explanation might be, that the pillar's light up, when Helm of Command is active.
    That's probably it. I don't recall ever having seen the Conduit auras before getting helm. Never mind, Helm doesn't reveal the auras around the Conduits; not sure what it's supposed to reveal in that case.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-04-27 at 05:15 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    That's probably it. I don't recall ever having seen the Conduit auras before getting helm. Never mind, Helm doesn't reveal the auras around the Conduits; not sure what it's supposed to reveal in that case.
    probably the pillar thats leveling up
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    I've only gotten helm a dozen times or so but I never noticed any additional object, and none of the rest of us have, so I'm fairly sure there is no "gimmick" involved with this other than just not being pushed off the edge.

We estimate it pushes you off at around ~180% run speed, so if you're moving "against the current", you're going to be pushed back somewhere around 56 yards, which is roughly equal to the center of the room to one of the corners with 0 speed boosts.

You can then factor in speed/movement boosts for each class, and realize that dks and priests are the only classes that need help if they get helmed.

It's an interesting mechanic - something that encourages you to be near the center of the platform, yet overcharge which comes directly before it encourages you to be near the edges. Two conflicting resolutions which emphasizes personal responsibility - how far back can you be and still survive helm, while staying away from others and not close enough to overcharge the other quadrants?
    This, except I have gotten helm way too many times to count in 10m. Any run speed talent/ability negates this pretty much and a priest grip or warlock portal can help. The whole intermission is about individual responsibility and ensuring you are stacked when needed, spread when needed, not fall off the platform, and soak what you can. The fight is very well done.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.