Thread: Property Taxes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    My mother owns a house (villa) near Sundsvall with 5ha of land around it... not sure exactly what she pays but it's about 1300 euro's a year... let me tell you, if she could pick up her land and house and place it in The Netherlands, she'd become a millionaire. The taxes in Sweden blow, but you should be happy houses and land are affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Along with about 50 other people. And I never said I don't pay a portion of the property tax, just that I have no idea what the building's owner pays. Why must you argue everything?
    Its his nature!

No idea about property tax, although after living in 4 countries the UK seems to be the silliest of em all in terms of taxes and shit they made up to leech some more money.

One of them is TV tax, never in my life i've seen a country that charges for public television... there is a reason why its public! if you want to charge for it make it cable restricted wtf, seriously, you get harassed by this people with no real legal power and they will fine you up to a 1000$ if you have a tv and dont have a license, unless you can prove that you only use it for video games or watching films, i mean its just... lol.

Another one that comes with THAT and is just as hilarious is how british people cant see the international section of british BBC! It says
    "We're sorry but this site is not accessible from the UK as it is part of our international service and is not funded by the licence fee" (who the fuck cares if its not funded by the license, big deal, its a fucking free news network on non pay to view site)
    That doesnt even make the least sense.

And i thought the US was the crazy capitalist country.
    Last edited by Kurioxan; 2013-01-18 at 10:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I pay around $10,000 for my primary residence and another $15,000+ for other properties. I collectively own about 1.25 acres.

Then again I live in New Jersey. Hooray for the highest tax burden in the nation.
    Where would you move?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Deleted
    Nothing.. they actually pay some tolerance fee to me every year because of close by high voltage power line. The downside is that I can't build anything higher than 3 floors and cant have tall trees in the back yard.. not that's really a problem:P

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Nothing.. they actually pay some tolerance fee to me every year because of close by high voltage power line. The downside is that I can't build anything higher than 3 floors and cant have tall trees in the back yard.. not that's really a problem:P
    Is it any good? being close to high tension is distressing most of the time considering health implications

As a rule of thumb, it's about .9% of the value of the home annually here in Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Where would you move?
    Honestly? Nowhere really. I've considered the south but I like this state too much. All my friends are here and other than the taxes I have no incentive to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Property tax should be abolished for the lot where the owner resides in my opinion. This would make ownership a real ownership for the purpose of accommodation, but still tax those that use properties for profit and investment.
    I would like to see that as well just as soon as we can make sure it isn't exploited to where we see a rich guy with a 30 square mile yard for his home since he no longer has to pay taxes on it. Then he sells it off little by little and buys more elsewhere and gets a whole new house setup there and repeats this over and over again and just sitting on vast amounts of land this way to be sold off later and holding the property value higher than it should be because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    New York in general has pretty high property taxes. In Monroe County $100,000 house will pay 2,000-4,000 (not including school taxes) depending on which town you live in. Looking forward to possibly moving to Raleigh, NC where you pay half of that on a comparable house...

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    My mother owns a house (villa) near Sundsvall with 5ha of land around it... not sure exactly what she pays but it's about 1300 euro's a year... let me tell you, if she could pick up her land and house and place it in The Netherlands, she'd become a millionaire. The taxes in Sweden blow, but you should be happy houses and land are affordable.
    haha yeah, plenty of land to go about, it depends a bit on where in the country you are to though, like in the US I guess. In areas with higher population it does get a bit more pricey, not sure what the exact cap is though. I think it's around 950.000 SEK for a summer house(which is what I'll use my lot for eventually), after that it does not increase, so once I get a house built I'll hit cap easily. Right now there is nothing more then trees, blue berries and bushes on my lot. ;P

Don't think there is a cap on a Villa though. Havn't checked since it doesn't concern me atm.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-01-19 at 12:40 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

15+ Year Old Account
    I own a home in a small town. Rough property value is around $48,000 and my property taxes this year were around $1200.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't pay any taxes on my property, though I support having property taxation on property where you aren't residing.