Trial of the high king

how do you view Stormwind's king now? the whole thing does remind me a bit of Aragorn in Lord of the Rings, who does prove himself invaluable and a leader of men and elves as he journeys to help Frodo save the world, earning the respect of elves, and all the nations of men, incl Rohan and Gondor, and you see unlike Varian, you're filled with a lot of respect and admiration for Arargorn, you sense his power, his strength and it is clear is quite amazing, all done without trashing Elves and wizards and other peoples to look good, if you get my meaning.

So is it bad writing? or are blizzard finally turning the tide on Varian and making him into a likeable characteR? Or do these group of people think that being a bit of a hot head mary sue is the only way to write a likeable character?

Tbh, i would have loved a Varian modelled on Aragorn, just saying, but might it be too late for Varian? Arthas was far more likeable if you ask me, but then just as the tale of the elves has steeply declined from WC3 to current, so it would seem the good aspects of their writings, or at least what i really enjoyed of their story as very much declined since wow became so popular.

just goes to show throwing money at something doesn't mean it will get better. they use to say it was the fact that it was an mmo that's why they couldn't write a good story, but does that explain so many bad characters and even some races being completely rubbishy compared to their former selves? Definitely someone else is doing the co-ordination and it's not as good as the earlier warcraft stuff, movie could be rubbish if it's the same lot that write it.

how do you view Stormwind's king now?
    He's showing more leadership than previously. He's uniting the Alliance while Garrosh is ripping the Horde apart like a cheap phonebook

So is it bad writing? or are blizzard finally turning the tide on Varian and making him into a likeable characteR? Or do these group of people think that being a bit of a hot head mary sue is the only way to write a likeable character?
    How does Blizzard write their characters into a Mary sue? Its their material..

just goes to show throwing money at something doesn't mean it will get better. they use to say it was the fact that it was an mmo that's why they couldn't write a good story, but does that explain so many bad characters and even some races being completely rubbishy compared to their former selves? Definitely someone else is doing the co-ordination and it's not as good as the earlier warcraft stuff, movie could be rubbish if it's the same lot that write it.
    What?