Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think the issue with warlocks is they had a dev who played a warlock and was really passionate about them up until he got fired for being too passionate about them and publicly disagreeing with the dev team on the direction they were going. He was the one who pushed the warlock spec redesigns with burning embers, soul shards, and demonic power resource management, he was the one who pushed green fire probably, he was the one who pushed Cataclysm (the spell) for warlocks, he was the one who outright changed affliction to the malefic grasp model instead of the stupid as hell shadowbolt filler model (which was shifted to demo-only).

Maybe the issue is that there's literally no one on the dev team who plays a hunter seriously. If so, I volunteer.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think the issue with warlocks is they had a dev who played a warlock and was really passionate about them up until he got fired for being too passionate about them and publicly disagreeing with the dev team on the direction they were going. He was the one who pushed the warlock spec redesigns with burning embers, soul shards, and demonic power resource management, he was the one who pushed green fire probably, he was the one who pushed Cataclysm (the spell) for warlocks, he was the one who outright changed affliction to the malefic grasp model instead of the stupid as hell shadowbolt filler model (which was shifted to demo-only).

Maybe the issue is that there's literally no one on the dev team who plays a hunter seriously. If so, I volunteer.
    They don't have class specific devs anymore I don't think. Would sound fun to crunch numbers and fix bugs personally.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    They don't have class specific devs anymore I don't think. Would sound fun to crunch numbers and fix bugs personally.
    They don't have specific class devs anymore but all it takes is one developer feeling really passionate about a specific class instead of treating it like just a pile of numbers. They had a developer step up and crammed Warlock redesign ideas down their throats and to the community until they didn't really have a choice but to follow it through.

It was pretty effective and was awesome for a long time Warlock player. It basically got what's left of the Warlock community into a mix of hopeful and thankful and frothing like rabid dogs at Blizzard at even the thought that they'd be backing off on the idea.

edit: Personally feel like that's something hurting Blizzard. Especially, when dealing with classes, they don't really take chances anymore. They just seem like they're phoning it all in and coasting. Like the devs don't have that creative fire anymore that you see with devs from say Riot Games who are behind League of Legends where you can really tell that the developers are extremely passionate about their game. They'll even argue against each other on the forums about something they really want done and want community support for. Don't get that feeling from Blizzard anymore =\
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-02-19 at 08:58 PM.

Deleted
    well it looks like we won't have significative changes, the reduced casting time on AiS isn't enough to make MM competitive. The story in this tier is gonna be the same, we will do it good in single target fights, very good in heavy aoe fights and poorly in cleave or multidoting fights.

Oh wow, they actually heard us!

Hunter
    - Aimed Shot damage +10%.
    - Chimera Shot damage +50%.
    - Steady Shot damage +20%.
    - Black Arrow and Explosive Shot damage +15%.
    - Hearing lots of concerns about Power Shot in PvP, so we may need a PvP-specific tweak there.

source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7923993861#20

My actual response irl, just from reading all those buffs that aren't just for MM:

I think Fr. Blizzard is happy with hunters which is why there haven't been a lot of changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post

Hunter
    - Hearing lots of concerns about Power Shot in PvP, so we may need a PvP-specific tweak there.

My actual response irl, just from reading all those buffs that aren't just for MM
    Interesting if MM does get playable again. Bm have had it's glory. I do like Bm but Pet pathing will forever be the big NO, when choosing what specc i prefer the most. Sv/MM will be a welcome combo.

wow they finally admited MM sucked ass... these buffs will prolly make it viable.

It's a big 'win' for us in PvP also, as it means we will potentially have another viable (in a high-rated scale) spec. I've always despised BM in PvP for the past 10 seasons, and if MM does make a comeback, then it would be really amazing.

Obviously both specs have their pros and cons in this area, and it's worth noting MM has lost a lot of its unique tools that made MM special in the past (i.e. readiness, silencing shot now being accessible to all). However, it's burst damage should be much better now with these buffs. I'm definitely interested in seeing what extra treatment will blizz be giving to Powershot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post
    Interesting if MM does get playable again. Bm have had it's glory. I do like Bm but Pet pathing will forever be the big NO, when choosing what specc i prefer the most. Sv/MM will be a welcome combo.
    I read this and squealed irl. with these buffs it makes the 4pc alot stronger

Deleted

Hunter
    O_O
    The heck?
    This looks too good to be true, I'm expecting those numbers to be toned down a little. But holy hell that is amazing.

If those Black Arrow and Explosive Shot buffs stay there is no question about it, we can shelf our Beast Mastery spec for Survival. Whether Marksmanship becomes the top single target spec is something I'll calculate when I wake up tomorrow.

EDIT:
    Seems like some other classes got significant buffs as well. This includes all Death Knights and non-Affliction Warlocks.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-02-20 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I'm fine with two specs personally, 3 would just be annoying. One good AoE and one good single target spec is fine. Adding another onto the mix would just complicate things way too much and would warrant a lot more respeccing imo.
    Well when a person hates BM because of dumb pets then its like playing 1 out of 3 specs right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mokuton View Post
    well it looks like we won't have significative changes, the reduced casting time on AiS isn't enough to make MM competitive. The story in this tier is gonna be the same, we will do it good in single target fights, very good in heavy aoe fights and poorly in cleave or multidoting fights.
    slap in the face.

Anyway there are a lot of buffs for the other classes, im not an expert in other classes but it seems they buffed all the weak specs
    Last edited by mmoce055c946cb; 2013-02-20 at 01:09 AM.

Deleted

Hunter

My actual response irl, just from reading all those buffs that aren't just for MM:
    I honestly can't believe this, I'm really happy. Even though that buff to Chimera seems too high to me. I'm so going to be SV/MM next patch.

the sad thing is warlocks are OP according to GC yet

Warlock
    - Hand of Gul'dan, Shadowflame, Shadow Bolt, Touch of Chaos and Wild Imp Firebolt +15%.
    - Soul Fire damage +22%.
    - Conflagrate and Immolate damage +20%.
    - Incinerate damage +10%.

yep they are really nerfing warlocks...

Deleted
    They're buffing the other speccs of Warlocks. Their damage will be a very minor dpsgain. It will just make Warlocks go from affliction > Demo/Destro. Nothing to worry/rant/doomsaying about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    whine
    Honestly now you've been complaining about Hunters being ignored for so long, that we never got or get any buffs, how Blizzard is out to get us, and now we got these monstrous buffs and the first and in fact only thing you do is whine about other classes.

When will you be happy?

15+ Year Old Account
    Extremely excited about these buffs, been anticipating it for so long in the hope for some MM buffs! Hope it proves that its our top single target spec next patch, with SV remaining as aoe/multi target spec but a bit stronger

Deleted
    I like you Bovan..Marry me? <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    the sad thing is warlocks are OP according to GC yet

Warlock
    - Hand of Gul'dan, Shadowflame, Shadow Bolt, Touch of Chaos and Wild Imp Firebolt +15%.
    - Soul Fire damage +22%.
    - Conflagrate and Immolate damage +20%.
    - Incinerate damage +10%.

yep they are really nerfing warlocks...

Those buff are for Demo and Destro, and indeed they needed those buffs. With the nerf to GoSac, i expect all 3 lock specs be close on DPS now...

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....