Poll: HIGH ELVES!?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    If Alleria returned she would join the Silver Covenant, becoming a co-ruler with Vereesa. Alleria has a greater hatred of the Horde than Vereesa. She literally followed the Horde to another world to hunt them. Although it would be interesting to see if Auric could play a larger role, trying to broker some sort of peace agreement.
    I don't think it's so easy to assume which way Alleria is going to turn. One one side there's high elves stillloyal to the Alliance, commanded by her sister. On the other hand, her homeland -what she did all for, really- is now under the horde. I personally believe she would go Alliance, but expect a lot of angst and possible desires to reunificate, or simply retake Quel'thalas.

That's why an expansion with high elves would be so interesting IMO.

With Dark Iron Dwarves joining the Horde?! God Dammit OP, I like your style. You have my vote for the 2016 election.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    The problem of your theory is that you're leaving the Horde with less race than the alliance.

Nah, I edited the OP by saying that the Horde would need a sub-race of their own for this to work, which I don't find at all implausible.
    People on this forum always seem to bash on ideas, no matter what they are. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    I don't think it's so easy to assume which way Alleria is going to turn. One one side there's high elves stillloyal to the Alliance, commanded by her sister. On the other hand, her homeland -what she did all for, really- is now under the horde. I personally believe she would go Alliance, but expect a lot of angst and possible desires to reunificate, or simply retake Quel'thalas.

There's also the whole fact that she's been roaming the nether hunting untold horrors for the past decade or so.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The alliance already has the Night Elves and the High Elves were part of the group that was kicked out of their society. Those that chose to follow Kael'thas became Blood Elves for the Horde, and those that chose not to remained High Elves and are a totally neutral group.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I think she would be torn about her people, but I think it would mostly come down to who else is in the Horde (Orcs and Forsaken). On that note, I'm still waiting for the Windrunner reunion. Every person invested in the lore wants it so badly!

I like the idea of sub-race customization; letting orcs choose between being Frostwolf, Mag'har or Dragonmaw for example. Or maybe letting Forsaken choose between being plague-risen (normal rotting undead) or val'kyr risen (pasty-white human models they could take from the Death Knight class, maybe add some battle scars on them to show they're dead).

high Elves alliance, ogres horde, I'm happy

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Alliance: High Elves
    Horde: Ogres

Simple, quoting what I said from a previous thread:

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 02:10 AM ----------

Lorewise there are likely more High Elves than Draenei.
    One condition. Blizz retcons the lore to give High Elves their own distinct model. Or the Horde has to put up with the BC-era Ogre models.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

If they do end up giving alliance blood elves/high elves during a legion expansion maybe they would end up giving the horde reformed Eredar or Broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    There simply aren't enough High or Blood Elves to make this happen. Besides it would be a huge mess...

Oh and Northeron exists, it's Twilight Highlands, or rather the sad remains of it; "However, as of the Cataclysm, the Northeron's famed icy cliffs rapidly melted, and most of the independent dwarves who lived there were killed by the Twilight's Hammer forces and Iso'rath. Some of the wreckage is still visible along the northern coast. Hence, the region formerly known as Northeron is now considered the northernmost part of the Twilight Highlands. However, the nearby spiritual center of Kirthaven remains intact.[4]" http://www.wowpedia.org/Northeron
    theres more high elves than darkspear trolls. more high elves than gnomes, or playable pandaren
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

It would be really interesting, if she fought on a demon infested world, which means she would most likely be tainted as much as any blood elf because of her proximity to fel power, I wonder if the high elves would be willing to accept her back.

Oh so much possibilities.

I say lame theory on account of the Army of Light references. Army of Light is so nauseating and droll.

There simply aren't enough High or Blood Elves to make this happen. Besides it would be a huge mess...
    Population numbers in this game are never expressed at all, in canon, so it's rather difficult to believe such a thing. If Darkspear Trolls, a tiny, obscure and heavily massacred tribe driven from their homes by Murlocs and a Sea Witch, can make up a playable race, arguably any race can field enough members to be a playable one. It takes but a few lines of type making it so, on account of purposely leaving the actual numbers open ended.

As for "Thalassian Elves"
    Sure why not. Quel'thalas needs a revamp, IQD could can easily serve as a neutral starting zone, isolated from the rest of the world, they've already laid out Varian in negotiation with Lor'themar to bring the Blood Elves back into the Alliance. Jaina's renegade action, while it raised Lor'themar and the Blood Elves ire, clearly didn't cement any deep seeded and irrational hatred, as we can tell by the 5.2 sound clips. Players could opt, after completing the new starting zone to join Vereesa in SW/Darnassus/Dalaran(maybe?) as a member of the Alliance or Lor'themar in Silvermoon as a member of the Horde, a Horde which is no longer under the belligerent insanity of Hellscream and the Orcs.

Deleted
    Sorry but not going to happen. They want something to attract players, this just won't cut it.

The separate of blood elves and high elves already happened so it wouldn't make sense for them to share a starting zone.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Sorry but not going to happen. They want something to attract players, this just won't cut it.
    You might be surprised just how much money Blizzard would make off race xfers to Alliance alone if Blood Elf players could play their "blood elf" on the Alliance...

NO, in the next xpac, the High elf will be the new alliance race, and to make up for the model shared, Horde will get ogre and naga will be the neutral race will be either satyr or naga

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    NO, in the next xpac, the High elf will be the new alliance race, and to make up for the model shared, Horde will get ogre and naga will be the neutral race will be either satyr or naga
    Explain to me for a moment what Alliance race uses the Ogre bone structure.

That's why I'm saying trade BElves for Dwarves.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    You might be surprised just how much money Blizzard would make off race xfers to Alliance alone if Blood Elf players could play their "blood elf" on the Alliance...
    I think he was saying that if the new race for Exp 5 was just a slightly different modeled Blood elf then people are going to feel like Blizzard is being lazy. People have come to expect a certain degree of 'new-ness' of the new races, and putting in Quel'dorei or whatever wouldnt really cut it. At least, that is how I feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    I say lame theory on account of the Army of Light references. Army of Light is so nauseating and droll.
    Well, that's Blizzard's fault, then. I didn't name it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 02:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Well, 're-using' old races to create new sub-races will save them a lot of development time that they can use on a new class and designing Argus. This might sound lazy, but it's actually a good way to produce something pretty radical with minimum effort.