Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    Are the choices actually meaningful? Someone earlier in the thread said you get the same ending no matter what you choose throughout the story. I'm curious if the choices you make have any affect whatsoever on the story.
    Unfortunately about 95% of the decisions only change why things happen and what people say to you. The events of the story are almost entirely unchangeable - even if the game gives you a choice, something will happen to make your choice lead to the same outcome.

The emotional connections, the writing, and thus the immersion and tough situations TWD manages to create are amazing though - I just wish it was more of a game in that the player is given actual power.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2013-01-21 at 06:31 PM.

Deleted
    Are the choices actually meaningful? Someone earlier in the thread said you get the same ending no matter what you choose throughout the story. I'm curious if the choices you make have any affect whatsoever on the story.
    The choices have next to no impact on the overall story; there are a few points at which the story can go in a slightly different direction depending on your choice, and certainly the dialogue changes for some scenes.... but it all converges at the end, and if you play it through a second time and deliberately try to choose different choices, you do see how little your choices ultimately impacted the game. They feel like they're really impacting it whilst you're playing it for the first time though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    there has not been a single game in history of gaming that even comes remotely close to what "the walking dead game" does.
    how so?

i haven't finished it yet, but i'd certainly say they are (or rather, they feel) meaningful. i think the ending, the last outcome, is only one of the things that can give a choice meaning. i'm sure there are major choices that have no impact on the ending whatsoever, but they do have impact on the story while you play it

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a lesser version of heavy rain,Fahrenheit also probably was the 1st of its kind released in 2005 also known as indigo prophecy.
    Last edited by Newbryn; 2013-01-21 at 07:08 PM.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's more of a interactable film than a game imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    Looks like a lesser version of heavy rain,Fahrenheit also probably was the 1st of its kind released in 2005 also known as indigo prophecy.
    Bullshit.

Ever play Dragon's Lair? Space Ace? Brain Dead 13?

Hell, the whole ''push random button from on-screen prompt'' genre of games damn near dominated the Sega CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Bullshit.

Ever play Dragon's Lair? Space Ace? Brain Dead 13?

Hell, the whole ''push random button from on-screen prompt'' genre of games damn near dominated the Sega CD.
    Hey I said probably I'm not that old.

Actually I got this game on my iPad and its pretty cool. I feel like it'd suck on a console lol.

It's okay, it's a little short. I don't think it'd be a good console game, maybe a novelty app game would suit it better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Opinions, It felt like a interactive book. I don't get why people are praising it.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Actually I got this game on my iPad and its pretty cool. I feel like it'd suck on a console lol.

It's okay, it's a little short. I don't think it'd be a good console game, maybe a novelty app game would suit it better.
    doubt it would suck on consoles heavy rain was a ps3 exclusive, and indigo prophecy was on both xbox and ps2 same type of games btw.

Deleted
    Reminds me of something like Fahrenheit, but I don't doubt it's certainly more smoothly executed. It's not revolutionary really it's just rare that these types of games become popular. The other obvious example being Heavy Rain.

If anything it showed how important writing is to interactive media, not just on a critical level but also a commercial one. Future games can learn a lot from that.

Deleted
    Revolutionary? wtf. Yeah the story and characters is/are amazing and so on but the gameplay really isn't anything special, and there are plenty of other video games with amazing stories or amazing at some other aspects of the game.

Glad that a few more people saw the light, by trying out this game and see how emotional it can get. Its probably not that revolutionary, but it sure was one of the very few (or only) games that made me cry manly tears. No other game has succeeded that yet.

Spoiler: Really looking forward to season 2 now. Hoping to see a cameo appearence from Lee and Kenny as a walker (in case Clementine missed that shot at the end)
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2013-01-22 at 04:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    [...]
    dude, you ever heard about frickin' spoilers? how about NOT writing them into your post, unmarked, right after telling everyone how great the story is?

use spoiler tags, that's what they are there for! [spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    dude, you ever heard about frickin' spoilers? how about NOT writing them into your post, unmarked, right after telling everyone how great the story is?

use spoiler tags, that's what they are there for! [spoiler][/spoiler]
    I'm terribly sorry, I never forgot to use the spoilers before :S

Think I was somewhat expecting that only people who finished the game were visiting the thread, but its not worth the risk to spoil it for the newcomers.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a point and click with good writing and pacing. It's a far cry from revolutionary. It's a revival of the OLD genre if anything.

I beat the game in one sit down too, and loved it.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm terribly sorry, I never forgot to use the spoilers before :S

Think I was somewhat expecting that only people who finished the game were visiting the thread, but its not worth the risk to spoil it for the newcomers.
    alright, i shall forgive you ;]

i only played through 3.5 of the 5 episodes so far. i don't like it when good stories (wheter that's a game, a book, a movie, etc) are over too quickly, so i try to pace myself^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    Slow paced. Bad graphics. Horrible combat. All in all a horrible game
    "Slow paced... Horrible combat" you seriously don't understand the genre -snip-?

Not necessary. -sj
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-01-22 at 07:32 PM.

Indigo prophecy aka Fahrenheit did this style of game before, but without a known IP or writing staff.

The only problem with that game was there was literally only Simon Says mini-games, and the story went off the damn wall about 75% through. In a post mortem interview, the creator basically said they spent too much time on the beginning, and thought it would keep the players hooked. The intro was engaging, true, but it easily fell off as the story just got more and more bizarre.

edit: adventures game as a whole aren't new at all, but these style games have that morality option throw in, with branching story points based on decisions. a bit different.