Quote Originally Posted by Serelean View Post
    I am having the same problem too, though she randomly triggered her 2nd phase the 2nd time we tried. When she did actually get us to phase 2, she was still zapping us but we lost no sanity. This tells me that maybe her zapping is supposed to have us lose sanity, but isn't because she is bugged since we cant get her to phase as normal. The sanity loss still worked as normal with the skulls and looking at yogg in phase 3. As a mount collector I hope that losing no sanity is intentional, but something tells me that it isn't and we aren't losing sanity because of a bug.

Also after wiping due to a lot of adds being active, we went for a 3rd time and again she did nothing when she was at 1hp. Me and my mate have stopped for now until either a fix occurs or until theres some answers.
    Yep I pulled it about 10 times until I said screw it. First pull she transitioned after killing 13 or so adds, but I had a bad pull and messed up. After that I killed upto 30+ adds per attempt and still couldn't transition her. Pretty annoying.

A few questions:

1) This is mostly a curiosity: back before the patch, but I'm sure it would still be this way, I did yor'sahj 10 with 12 trash mobs, insane vengeance, insane dps, etc. etc., but the weird thing I noticed is that I have a normal attack speed in the beginning; when adds start hitting me I have autoattacks very fast, similar to 25 stacks of the alysrazor haste buff: what causes this? A passive ability? Checked all but couldn't find what it was, if it can help I can upload my kill and link it, it just can't be runic corruption, because it's influenced by the adds and the attacks are too fast to be only runic corruption.

2) The legendary meta gem has been nerfed when dpsing in blood, procs more rarely. I still went for it on a new helm, instead of a normal dps meta. Did I do well, or are now normal dps metas superior for blood dps?

3) What are people's impressions on the vengeance nerf? Only test I did was a 42 mil rare mob (war god dokah) that gives like 50k vengeance normally, was giving me 35k, slowing my kill from the usual 5 mins 15 to 6 mins; then I got 2 upgrades (item level 538 vs 534 dps gear) and I went back to around 5 min 15. To me the nerfs don't seem too heavy in these low vengeance scenarios, but it should be an insane dps loss when you used to get 100-200k vengeance or even more, also the diminishing returns really suck from what I saw, not even worth pulling mobs for vengeance any more in most cases, although they proc scent of blood which allows for more rune strikes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foodchain View Post
    Yogg doesn't make you lose sanity anymore. At least not from the random zaps/malady. http://www.twitch.tv/undergallows/ streaming now

Edit: you still lose sanity from skulls/yogg laughing at you, but not the random zaps. Nifty.
    Edit: 2 okay it died. The only annoying this is you get hit by malady of the mind every so often now.
    I was underwhelmed by the patch, until I read this comment After getting Invincible I had nothing left to solo (within my grasp), now this seems doable I'm one happy camper.

Do you guys do Cata stuff in DPS gear? I'm mostly interested in BWD, BoT, Firelands and Dragon Soul (all 10 man Normal). Currently ilvl 507.

Well looks like I need to get better gear since patch came, before I was clearing 11/12 (excluding valithria) in icc but now with the meta/feather/vengeance change, things have been a massive ball ache still haven't gotten cloak yet (7/12 for runestones) so I hope that would balance out the meta gem loss (if not make it slightly better dps output wise) and probably will have to replace feather at earliest convenience (LFR ilvl515 dude here) plus you know that you need better gear when you hit enrage on blood queen with 20% hp remaining when before she died at 30 secs to enrage QQ. Same with LK too, had to keep adds alive longer than normal to kill him since defile gives sod all vengeance now (thought it were only current raids that don't give you AoE vengeance) anyway! Sorry for the partial rant, just my findings out I'd like to share

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    thought it were only current raids that don't give you AoE vengeance

They left challenge mode vengeance untouched simply because there is a leaderboard attached to it and if they changed vengeance, the leaderboard would pretty much become non-changing from that time forward. Greanted, a "reset" wouldn't be a bad thing every now and then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Do you guys do Cata stuff in DPS gear? I'm mostly interested in BWD, BoT, Firelands and Dragon Soul (all 10 man Normal). Currently ilvl 507.
    I do at least and always did.

Hello good people..

Just two questions really. Alacrity of Xuen 2/2 upgrade, and LFR Primordial of Rage 0/2 or LFR Fabled Feather of Ji'kun 0/2? Till I get something better, anyway.
    And what are your thoughts on the Thok's Tail Tip trinket? ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=105111 ). Good, or no?

Have a nice evenin', people!

Prior to patch 5.4 Lich King 25 hc was a cake walk. DPS was amazing due to vengeance. I attempted LK Tuesday right after getting my dps cloak upgrade and I went in with my usual dps tank set on, its about a 550 ilvl, and the fight took me all the way to the enrage timer. I managed to death pact out of purgatory and save myself during berserk and just made it to the RP phase. This seemed extremely tight and I definitely felt the vengeance nerf.

I use the dps meta gem and gem primarily haste/mastery for last tiers farm fights that I had to tank. Maybe gemming more strength in my dps tank set will show better dps, I'm not really on the bleeding edge of tank dps though theory crafting though. Anyone have any suggestions?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    Prior to patch 5.4 Lich King 25 hc was a cake walk. DPS was amazing due to vengeance. I attempted LK Tuesday right after getting my dps cloak upgrade and I went in with my usual dps tank set on, its about a 550 ilvl, and the fight took me all the way to the enrage timer. I managed to death pact out of purgatory and save myself during berserk and just made it to the RP phase. This seemed extremely tight and I definitely felt the vengeance nerf.

I use the dps meta gem and gem primarily haste/mastery for last tiers farm fights that I had to tank. Maybe gemming more strength in my dps tank set will show better dps, I'm not really on the bleeding edge of tank dps though theory crafting though. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Considering Mione beat the enrage by 10 minutes at your ilevel (DPS gear, without the upgraded cloak) in Patch 5.3 I'm pretty sure you're doing something wrong; the nerfs to Vengeance shouldn't change much at all. . . Some people have forgotten to enter a presence/buff themselves/use consumables, could this be an issue?

Rule #2: Don't use Purgatory or AMZ when soloing.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2013-09-13 at 11:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evening all. Having issues with Gluth in Naxx25, I can't seem to touch him in blood (eats too fast, and I can't get vengeance for crap) and then in DPS I hit 110k dps and still couldn't bring him below 68% before I get hosed with the healing debuff. (tried in blood with blood gear, blood in dps gear (plenty of mastery as I'm DW frost) and dps in dps gear. Is there something I'm missing? Perhaps with the vengeance changes it's harder? Any help would be appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    You can do it in DPS spec (DPS gear). It was doable prior to the frost and unholy buffs received in both 5.2 and 5.4, and with worse gear than you currently have (aka T14), and there is no real secret to it other than pushing more DPS.

Use Army on the pull, use one of these new bloodlust drums for even more burst and that should be plenty enough.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Well looks like I need to get better gear since patch came, before I was clearing 11/12 (excluding valithria) in icc but now with the meta/feather/vengeance change, things have been a massive ball ache still haven't gotten cloak yet (7/12 for runestones) so I hope that would balance out the meta gem loss (if not make it slightly better dps output wise) and probably will have to replace feather at earliest convenience (LFR ilvl515 dude here) plus you know that you need better gear when you hit enrage on blood queen with 20% hp remaining when before she died at 30 secs to enrage QQ. Same with LK too, had to keep adds alive longer than normal to kill him since defile gives sod all vengeance now (thought it were only current raids that don't give you AoE vengeance) anyway! Sorry for the partial rant, just my findings out I'd like to share
    here is my dk
    solo'd with no probs in 5.3 about ~2-3min before enrage...BUT NOW it insane with standing all the time in middle even in double defile(btw i think defile still give veng) i got him in 14:40 i guess so 20sec before enrage. :/ at low ilvl now better doting shamblings until they berserking and then avoid using bb(would be best imho)

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    ... and did Nalak as well! woohoo, the bug that triggered Battle Fatigue on this encounter has been fixed in 5.4. He has no enrage by the way.
    I'm bad and I die to his nature damage everytime I've tried him How do you live through it? It seems like a constant 50k DPS from the buff alone solo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artze View Post
    Anyone else having an issue with Sara not transitioning to Phase2 on Yogg Zero?

Also pulled it on 10 to see if doing that would reset 25 and it looks like bolts are now going out until 37 Sanity.
    It is not random at all. She only triggers the transition into phase 2 when there are no guardians alive while she's at 1hp.

For phase 2: her beam doesn't seem to reduce your sanity at all anymore. I only lost sanity during the brain phase and phase 3.

But we can get hit by malady of the mind which can cause minor issues.

At least we don't rely on the banner anymore.

So what is the preferred stat priority for soloing 25HC LK as Blood in 552 ilvl? Or should I just stay Unholy and burst the shit out of him with the leatherworker lust drums?

Quote Originally Posted by fletchii View Post
    It is not random at all. She only triggers the transition into phase 2 when there are no guardians alive while she's at 1hp.
    Tell that to the multiple attempts I did at the beginning of the week where I was sitting around holding my dick with 30+ Guardian's killed and her still not transitioning. Going to check later if it isn't bugged for me anymore, but other people were reporting the same problems as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    So what is the preferred stat priority for soloing 25HC LK as Blood in 552 ilvl? Or should I just stay Unholy and burst the shit out of him with the leatherworker lust drums?
    If you're 552 ilvl it doesn't even matter what your stats are LK should die way before enrage as Blood.

So I just did my weekly HC LK mount run with 48 seconds left until enrage which is a lot closer than normal but given the few changes made to DKs I'm presuming that's why. However, I noticed that I was barely touching my heart strike, where as before I used it quite regularly. This was further confirmed where I had 1 big add left all the way until 10% which never happened once before 5.4. Has something changed regarding quicker rune regeneration or something? I think I only touched heart strike 5 or 6 times throughout the whole fight. Don't get me wrong though, having that add up probably saved my ass lol.

Forgive me if I completely missed anything, my druid is my main and only geared and play a DK for mount runs, so I still have a few things to learn.

So I just did my weekly HC LK mount run with 48 seconds left until enrage which is a lot closer than normal but given the few changes made to DKs I'm presuming that's why. However, I noticed that I was barely touching my heart strike, where as before I used it quite regularly. This was further confirmed where I had 1 big add left all the way until 10% which never happened once before 5.4. Has something changed regarding quicker rune regeneration or something? I think I only touched heart strike 5 or 6 times throughout the whole fight. Don't get me wrong though, having that add up probably saved my ass lol.

Forgive me if I completely missed anything, my druid is my main and only geared and play a DK for mount runs, so I still have a few things to learn.
    Scent of Blood = more RP = more rune regen through your T5 talent.

Runic corruption double dipped on haste and made runes regen faster than they should. This was fixed in 5.4. Runic corruption also effected things like the dps meta gem and the rppm trinkets, so with the fix, at least in blood presence we lost some dps.

@artze, maybe I was doing something wrong then. I was 550 on Tuesday with the upgraded dps cloak and I just barely made it. That's why I was asking if there was a better stat priority. I'll try it again on Tuesday. Maybe I'll just do it as Unholy.