Quote Originally Posted by Tatsh View Post
    Got a bunch of really awesome things done this week!

Ended up killing Sartharion 3 Drakes on 25 man in 40 seconds, got the Twilight Drake mount! Was also able to kill Gluth on 25 pretty easily using Unholy spec as well, I feel like the burst damage from Gargoyle/Unholy Frenzy with stacking the Shadopan/Ji-Kun trinkets makes UNH put out an absolutely astounding amount of damage in a short time.
    Hehe wow

Tried OS3D after reading this and was I amazed by me. Didn't think it would be possible kept doubting myself

ilvl 523 UH DK

While clearing trash I made sure I ended up with 5 charges of Shadow Infusion on my ghoul and near full RP. Then made my way to Sartharion, popped army, pre-pot and pulled. Had a 240k~ burst and finished with 173k dead in 39 sec!

Thanks

I didn't list it in there because the Spirit of Corehammer thingie pretty much removes all nuance from the encounter (which is actually a very interesting one IMO despite how simple it may seem).
    I should probably add a note though so people can know how to get through the encounter easily, but I'd rather keep the sheet for actually beating the encounter (unless cheesing it is the only way around it ofc). Similarly, I didn't include my own Conclave kill when I did it with the bug, and probably won't include Imprited@Baleroc kills, etc.
    waht ilvl would you recomend for doing conclave? tried it at 507 and only got life down to 50% before i had no runes to use and just died

also what is the bug?
    Last edited by Forikorder; 2013-07-07 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forikorder View Post
    waht ilvl would you recomend for doing conclave? tried it at 507 and only got wind down to 50% before i had no runes to use and just died

also what is the bug?
    The bug causes the dead bosses to not revive as normal, trivializing the fight.

Thanks a lot for the kind words Mitten, glad I could be of some help!

About Conclave: I don't really understand how to do this even without the bug.

My gear is more than enough, I pop AMS at the right time, have Unholy Blight, Army, Ghoul, DRW, etc. up but the closest I've gotten Anshal to is 6%. How would you even use the bug on command, I feel like killing Anshal during a Nourish cast means you would need ridiculous DPS (I assume you kill him on the first cast? Haven't seen the bug used so I'm not sure,). Now that I have parts of the Dreadnought Set I would really love the Al'Akir cloak, someone help me with this ungodly encounter haha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrittenMitten View Post
    haha

try knowing the fight before you attempt it

wowwiki w/e the boss fight
    try being more constructive rather than being a dick
    I hadn't done any serious raiding in WotLK so I woulsn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudikof View Post
    try being more constructive rather than being a dick
    I hadn't done any serious raiding in WotLK so I woulsn't know.
    Well I don't really think he/she tried to be a dick, you know. Yogg was one of the most complex fights back then and for that it remains one of those which the execution is everything in order for you to solo them. I kinda had the same feeling he did when I read your comment :P, I really wouldn't expect someone who has no knowledge on the fight to get in there and Deathstrike your way to a kill (specially a fight where you can wipe very easily such as this).

But back to your point, there are a few things that can lower your sanity (and a few that don't matter when you're alone): during phase 2 Sara will spam Psychosis on you, when you're at 28 you want to do Salyin Banner trick and hold on to more sanity to widen your error window margin for the rest of the fight. Inside the brain, in the memory rooms there are untargetable floating skulls that will take away 2 sanity per second if you are facing them (they all despawn once you kill all the tentacles in there). You obviously will lose all your sanity if you remain inside the brain when Induce Madness is finished. And finally, during phase 3, you'll lose 4 sanity per second that you remain facing Yogg while he channels Lunatic Gaze.

Malady of the Mind and Brain Link won't bother you if you're the only one in there.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsh View Post
    Thanks a lot for the kind words Mitten, glad I could be of some help!

About Conclave: I don't really understand how to do this even without the bug.

My gear is more than enough, I pop AMS at the right time, have Unholy Blight, Army, Ghoul, DRW, etc. up but the closest I've gotten Anshal to is 6%. How would you even use the bug on command, I feel like killing Anshal during a Nourish cast means you would need ridiculous DPS (I assume you kill him on the first cast? Haven't seen the bug used so I'm not sure,). Now that I have parts of the Dreadnought Set I would really love the Al'Akir cloak, someone help me with this ungodly encounter haha.
    If you're having trouble and are just trying to get a lockout for the free loot that is Al'Akir I would suggest using the bug. Essentially, Anshal leaves combat and you have all the time in the world to kill the other two Djinns, then come back to Anshal ; there's no enrage timer, if I recall correctly.
    FINALLY, I killed Conclave of Wind with my Monk, and I have to admit that the taste of victory is pretty bland since I played a little with this ''bug''.
    I don't have the gear (ilvl 538) which allows me to slain all the plants before to change platform even if I respected the normal strategy (monotarget dps in monk is awful), I usually reach the safe platform (Rohash after have killing Anshal) with less than 100k pv (sometimes 1 pv since stagger saves me) and I gain probably 15-20 secs with the absence of Anshal. Here the fight plays.
    Congratulations on the kill!
    If you use the bug as a DK, the fight is trivialized, as you can easily soak Rohash's silence while killing Nezir.

Mione, you should try heroic! (with the bug) It'd still make for a nice challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    You do need ridiculous DPS. Use RE/BT instead of RC. You should swap your trinkets to more appropriate trinkets for the initial burst (Shado-Pan+Feather or Shado-Pan+Lei Shen), remember that RPPM+haste reduction=bad.
    You can keep yourself in combat by chain swapping between platforms, and thus start the fight with full RP instead of 0, which helps a bunch. Unholy Blight is good to save a GCD in the beginning, remember to wait until your ghouls are out of the ground to pull, etc.
    There are a lot of other details further in the fight (you need to AMS at very particular moments, jump between platforms in the right 1s~ window, etcetc) which I'll let you discover by yourself.

The bug happens if he dies during(or right after) the first Nurture cast.
    Thank you so much, you are an absolute saint haha. I'll try this out later for sure.

Deleted
    Does someone have try Valitria Dreamwalker recently ? The strat is simple and I'm very surprise to do not pass the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by MathieuC View Post
    Does someone have try Valitria Dreamwalker recently ? The strat is simple and I'm very surprise to do not pass the encounter.
    theres alpt of words id use to describe soloing Valithria simple isnt one of them

theres alpt of words id use to describe soloing Valithria simple isnt one of them
    Wrong. Provided you have some decent hp and 2 fast 1handers, the only thing that can fuck you up is terrible rng on bloodworms

credits: Supernerd

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    Wrong. Provided you have some decent hp and 2 fast 1handers, the only thing that can fuck you up is terrible rng on bloodworms
    Patchwork is a simple solo, Valithria requires a somewhat complex strategy with an entirely different gear set and deep understanding of the encounter

it is not simple
    Last edited by Forikorder; 2013-07-10 at 04:05 AM.

Patchwork is a simple solo, Valithria requires a somewhat complex strategy with an entirely different gear set and deep understanding of the encounter

it is not simple
    1) Get two fast one handed weapons. The shittier the better.
    2) Melee attack mobs and spawn blood worms.

That's the gist of the strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post

Get 2 mop intellect weapons with stamina on it win win

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

it is not simple

No, it's one of the easiest solos ever. Get 2 1.6 speed weapons from the AH, whack the mobs with them to spawn bloodworms, profit.

Alright, so I'm trying H Halfus, but he has a Slate Drake up. Any suggestions here?
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2013-07-10 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post

wear pure stam gear
    follow proper kill order
    dont stack on Val

if the boss requires more then "stand here and DPS till it dies" (especailly if the boss requires an entirely different set of gear) then i wont classifiy it as simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Alright, so I'm trying H Halfus, but he has a Slate Drake up. Any suggestions here?
    Only suggestions :

1) Full stack Death Strike absorb before starting the encounter.
    2) Don't take a lot of drakes. Only Slate + whelps and destroy others drakes one by one.
    3) When the boss is paralyse, take distance and kite him for destack.
    4) Use all your CDs on drakes, P2 should be pretty easy since the boss isn't stacking you while he does his roar.

Don't give up, there's a lot of RNG on first phase while the boss stacks you. You can dodge stacks, though.

I got to the blood infusion on dk, and I know it's the hardest part of the shadowmourne chain atm. Anyone could repeat what's the strategy to do this quest with 4 people, assuming the dk is the only one who can CR?

I know it's been said already, but 40-50 pages ago, can't remember and can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    I got to the blood infusion on dk, and I know it's the hardest part of the shadowmourne chain atm. Anyone could repeat what's the strategy to do this quest with 4 people, assuming the dk is the only one who can CR?

I know it's been said already, but 40-50 pages ago, can't remember and can't find it.
    it 'can' be done with 2 persons, the other has to be a shaman or warlock, and you need good communication and gear (not recommended)
    been a while since i did it, but, if i remember correctly:
    someone else needs to tank her, and you needs to be the closest person to the tank (only you and the tank goes in the rest stays behind)
    when going in it is important that you have shadow's edge equipped
    pray that you get 1. bite (afaik it should go to the one highest on threat but it didn't always when I got it, which is why more people = easier)

whenever you have to bite you have to have shadow's edge equipped

if you let people die after they've been bitten you will not get overwhelmed with vampires, but keep in mind that they heal when they deal dmg

basically, if you get a couple of people, have shadow's edge equipped all the time, go in as 2. person
    after you've gotten bitten, let people who have been bitten die and CR/ankh/SS them (the more you have the easier) and just dps her slowly
    sucks to kill her before you've done 3. bite
    hope this helps
    ps. I did this 4-man back when I did it (patch 5.0 all with half blues/LFR gear) were almost able to do it 3, but we wiped a couple of times and it was easier to get a fourth guy

Deleted
    Hi lads, i have a question about blood dk solo first of all which out of these 3 is best to solo
    -spark of zandalar(LFR)
    -shado pan valor talisman
    -fabled feather(LFR)
    (all dps)
    Next question why use the glyph of shifting presence ?

Ty in advance