Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    You still get legendary drops from normals / hc , LFR is an added way for people lacking time or dont want to raid hardcore , the fact you can doubledip both is infact a privilege.

To put it blunt , it's not LFR's fault you are in 508 ilvl , the reason LFR drops legendary items is cause Blizzard didn't want to restrict people that could only do LFR from experiencing the legendary gathering , which is a red string throughout this expansion.

The fact you can doubledip from gathering legendary items between normals/hc mode and LFR is infact a bonus , cause alot of people don't have that going for them ( talking about those with only the time to do LFR )

So reflect on that before you call it ''broken'' cause your hc items will be better than t15 LFR ilvl

You feel LFR is outdated for you ? then don't do it , but then also don't complain your not getting another x amounts of chances at sigils / legendary gatherables ,
    This pretty much sums up my opinion on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Manamontana View Post
    "Not doing it" isn't an option if you're aiming for world ranks.

Do you think it's fair that someone from Method and someone from, say, a guild that's ranked 19th on Twisting Nether are "at the same level" progression wise once 5.2 hits despite the fact someone from Method has 508-510~ ilvl gear, and someone in a ranked 19th guild may have 480 ilvl gear? I sure don't.
    If you're aiming for world ranks, then you should already be used to doing whatever it takes. That's what the race is all about. Don't want to do it? You don't deserve world ranks.

I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make with your second paragraph. The legendary quest has mostly nothing to do with overall progression: it's a quest that everyone will be doing in this expansion, ergo can be completed in LFR as well as normal/heroic. You're getting the opportunity for far more sigils/whatever the 5.2 item is due to being a normal/heroic raider, so y'know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make with your second paragraph. The legendary quest has mostly nothing to do with overall progression: it's a quest that everyone will be doing in this expansion, ergo can be completed in LFR as well as normal/heroic. You're getting the opportunity for far more sigils/whatever the 5.2 item is due to being a normal/heroic raider, so y'know.
    When I was gathering my Sigils of Wisdom/Power on my main I got around 14 of them from LFR and 2 from normal, 4 from heroic. When I was doing it on my alt I got 18 from LFR and 2 from heroic. My alt completed it in 2 weeks, my main took around 4.

People just love to complain. If you are a "hard core" raider, do what it takes to progress. Do the LFR for the legendaries and quit yer bitchin'. Be thankful that Blizz has given you this great opportunity to progress faster.

"Not doing it" isn't an option if you're aiming for world ranks.

Do you think it's fair that someone from Method and someone from, say, a guild that's ranked 19th on Twisting Nether are "at the same level" progression wise once 5.2 hits despite the fact someone from Method has 508-510~ ilvl gear, and someone in a ranked 19th guild may have 480 ilvl gear? I sure don't.
    If you are legitimately racing for world first which you probably aren't, the race would be over before you even get your first set of drops...

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt your OS is fully Heroic geared unless you killed H Sha on 25 man and coined a lot of your mainspec loot a month or less within release of H ToES, so you could always get free OS loot, I know I will be doing the new LFR whenever on my DPS Warr as prot and my DK as DPS. As a HC/N raider you double dip on LFR as mentioned before, and in my case I can replace the badly itemized/483 LFR tank pieces/DPS/PVP pieces I currently use for tanking (lol) while getting progress on the Legendary quest AND getting Valor at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I highly doubt your OS is fully Heroic geared unless you killed H Sha on 25 man and coined a lot of your mainspec loot a month or less within release of H ToES, so you could always get free OS loot, I know I will be doing the new LFR whenever on my DPS Warr as prot and my DK as DPS. As a HC/N raider you double dip on LFR as mentioned before, and in my case I can replace the badly itemized/483 LFR tank pieces/DPS/PVP pieces I currently use for tanking (lol) while getting progress on the Legendary quest AND getting Valor at the same time.
    My OS is 497, my MS is 508. My alts MS is 502, my alts OS is 502. I only need 2 items in the game to complete my BiS: 516 Watersoul Signet and 516 Cloak from Heroic Elite Protectors.

I don't mind doing some LFR for some valor more fun then dailies/5mans. Specially a new raid when you're not bored with it yet.

You should be capping valor points anyway so I never saw a big deal in being "forced" to run raid finder.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Quote Originally Posted by Claynoe View Post
    LFR was implemented so that people that couldn't do normal runs or any form of raiding could finally see the content released. Making LFR able to drop loot was a mistake of a lifetime. But sitting here and whining about it when you are saying that you are a raider with 508 average ilvl? With that ilvl i assume you have already cleared 13/16HC if not 16/16. If you feel forced to do the new LFR unless some mega insane trinket or class specific upgrade drops that shouldn't even be necissary.

If LFR has to reward loot for the "Beginner" to feel special or satisfied, then let it drop loot. I can't see how a core raider would ever see himself forced, unless his guild would run through it in max 30min
    For an RPG like this, loot is content. That's what a part of an RPG is, it's progressing your character. If they don't keep the majority doing that, people will run out of things to do, and just stop paying.

Seriously, so very few people raid, be happy they're catering to you at all, when, financially, they clearly shouldn't be.

From a raider in 508 ilvl average gear and will obtain absolutely nothing from doing LFR (as in upgrades).

I hate this, I really do.

It just annoys me that I feel forced to run LFR, which I would consider "prior content" (as I out gear it by a large margin), purely to progress in heroic t15.

It feels ... broken.
    Yup right there with you. I'm 505 and I'm pretty sure LFR will be 509 item level and normal will be 522, but we will just have to see. Might be different because of item upgrading. And ya we will have to run LFR to get the drops. It looks like there's two items, so again farming LFR for the legendary to stay competitive.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then show some willpower and push away from the table if you are full.

But I guess it's easier to come here and tell us a sob story about how hard your life is by being in full heroic epics and being forced to mingle with the unwashed masses in LFR.

If you're aiming for rankings, that's a choice you're making, and running LFR to speed up legendary acquisition is part of that choice.

It's like me saying as a Warlock if I want to push for rankings it's "broken" that I have to watch my procs and react to them, that I have to manage my resources, that I have to spend time and/or gold to get buff food / flasks / potions ...

If you really want it, you'll take the necessary steps. If you're unwilling to take the necessary steps, you don't really want it. Getting parts from LFR isn't going away, based on Blizz's philosophy. You can't call it "broken" because you disagree with their philosophy. They've made their reasoning clear. Don't get me wrong, you can disagree with their position all you want, but their reasoning is not broken. They want more people involved in the process and this is the way they've chosen to do it.

They could make LFR share lockout with normal/heroic, but that would mean less normal/heroic raiders running LFR, meaning less overall people running LFR, and meaning a more-difficult time for those left to run it. I can imagine a lot of people find this idea distasteful, and would refer to it as LFR-players being "carried", but it simply is what it is. Being able to run LFR in addition to normal/heroic is an incentive to those normal/heroic raiders for helping out the more-casual or time-constrained players. Really it's a gift to both playerbases.

Just my two cents.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    They could make LFR share lockout with normal/heroic, but that would mean less normal/heroic raiders running LFR, meaning less overall people running LFR, and meaning a more-difficult time for those left to run it. I can imagine a lot of people find this idea distasteful, and would refer to it as LFR-players being "carried", but it simply is what it is. Being able to run LFR in addition to normal/heroic is an incentive to those normal/heroic raiders for helping out the more-casual or time-constrained players. Really it's a gift to both playerbases.

Just my two cents.
    If I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, I apologise, however you're saying that a shared lockout for all 3 raids would mean that the LFR crowd would need to step it up and play better if they want their loot, and you say this is a bad thing? If I'm being totally honest, if I'm forced to do LFR then I just afk and auto attack bosses. I have no time to top DPS meters by a 10-15% margin when I can just auto attack and be middle of the pack. Don't get me wrong, I like the concept of LFR. Letting everyone see content is of course a good thing, I do however utterly despise the fact that it drops (often at a better rate) legendary items because it causes a whole host of other issues for top end progression/world ranks, mostly the "luck" factor - complete your Sha touched in 2 weeks and you instantly have a 500 agi/str/int bonus over anyone else who hasn't. You could argue, similarly, that loot from normal is a luck factor too (it is) however most guilds aiming for world ranks will attempt to 'circumvent' it by running multiple raids. Most people I know have 1-2 alts, along with their main, that they use for progression and gearing up etc.
    Last edited by mmocdf700697f3; 2013-01-22 at 06:57 PM.

Even with this current Legendary chain, if you skipped VP for a month, you'd be able to get the next part in time for the next patch.

LFR is nice for more legendary widget drops, but by the time you'd get it, the race for whatever world/server first kill is going to be gone anyhow.

Option A: Don't do it, it isn't needed unless your in a hard core raiding guild
    Option B: Your in a hard core raiding guild.... set up a time to do it as a group... will take WAY less time, and since all of you need to do it, shouldn't be hard.
    Option C: Just do it, still not being forced, it's content... it's a game... no one as a gun to your head.

I have no time to top DPS meters by a 10-15% margin when I can just auto attack and be middle of the pack.
    You are part of the problem with LFR. You don't have time to top DPS, but you do have time to waste your own time by taking longer to complete your run ? You do realise that the more dps you do, the faster you'll be done with the run, right ?

OT: I don't really mind having to do LFR for legendary drops, it'll help me cap valor for the week. It's actually nice that heroic raiders will be "forced" into it, because it will make the first few weeks of LFR a lot faster / easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post

Just my two cents.
    Actually if they did this I know I for one will quit normal raiding in favor of just doing LFR, its less time consuming. less drama and less of something that feels like a job. I personally love LFR as I can raid on my terms and my own time I dont have to deal with the schedules of 9/24 other people.

I agree forcing hc raiders into lfr is just so bad. First I got ilvl 500ish and as a healer there is zero to heal so its A go afk or 2 dubble 2nd persons healing with 80% overhealing.

things they can do to solve this would be
    1 dont open lfr before people that killed 12/12 every week got the item
    2 have lfr items and raid quest items separate and make it so its get 20x lfr items or 20x raid items and both will reward the same item

If I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, I apologise, however you're saying that a shared lockout for all 3 raids would mean that the LFR crowd would need to step it up and play better if they want their loot, and you say this is a bad thing?
    I'm not saying it's good or bad. My opinion on the matter is irrelevant. What matters is that Blizzard wants more-experienced players running LFR. I can see the merits and the drawbacks here, but Blizz has outlined their philosophy and their rationale is cohesive. Debatable but cohesive. They want normal/heroic raiders running LFR to aid the people who only run LFR, and they reward the normal/heroic raiders with extra chances at set bonuses and legendary quest items.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.