Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Lets continue this thought:
    Mamals are the definition of parasite, heck as a baby they are a parasite inside a parasite.
    Humans are parasites as we are mammals, were just smart enough to know so we try to extend our hosts lifetime while using it.
    Almost any living being is a parasite, so very little contribute to the actual wellbeing of the earth and all of those that do contribute do so as a means of survival.
    Heck isnt plantlife a parasite ? just lying around all day using up Water to grow just to sustain bigger parasites ?
    Our Solar system ? clearly a parasite, we contribute nothing to the universes wellbeing and just mooched off the cosmic energy when it was born.
    Heck the poor nothing that was before anything now has all these loud obnoxious stuff in it, clearly the universe just used it as a storage space.

So really, existence is parasitic : deal with it.

Human's are the plague of the universe and im damn proud to be a part of it.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD WATCH MORE DOCTOR WHO !

Quote Originally Posted by jouissance View Post
    it's funny how its always the non-westerners that are implied to be the "plague" or whatever other noun/adjective is used to paint a picture how "they" are doing it wrong.
    But they are doing it wrong.

It's fine though, I have no problem with letting them do what they want.

I just don't want to give them any help if they're gonna keep doing it.

Nor do I wanna hear complaints about how evil we are when we let them do what they want.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    That's why I describe them as parasites, as they will do anything for self preservation and reproduction even if it means destroying their own natural habitat
    them ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Survival of the fittest. This rule has been lived by since the dawn of life. Now "LIFE" wants to claim the rules unfair and harbor "lesser beings"? Seems like this sentence right here contradicts the entire 2 billions years of life on this planet.
    Survival of the most adaptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with him 100% humans are a plague and this world would be a much better place without us.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    I agree with him 100% humans are a plague and this world would be a much better place without us.
    How ?

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Survival of the most adaptable.
    Yeah, the fittest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    Do you support genocide?

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Do you support genocide?
    That's the question all right.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Do you support genocide?
    And even if he did, how is the world "better" without humans.

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    The question you should ask is "Why would they?". Plague is a product of a species comitting things necessary for their survival on other species' expense. I lack the words required to describe the stupidity required to assume the said species would commit suicide solely based on what they had become as a result of their evolutionary progress.

As for us being a plague, we can be described as such in the borader meaning of the word, similar to plague of frogs or the like, mut not quite fitting the tighter definition of plague as in an actual disease. One species rising to dominance over all others is a natural phase of the evolutionary cycle, and has happened multiple times in the past.
    Likewise, said species becoming too dominant and ultimately extincting itself and a large portion of other species by being too dominant is nothing out of the ordinary, either, starting from to ancient bacteria that chocked dead on their own feces; oxygen. The only "saving" humans can do is to save themselves from themselves. If they can't and exploit the world until they chocke themselves, boohoo. Business as usual, nothing out of the ordinary. Que next dominance cycle.
    You're assuming a plague/parasite is self-aware like humans are.

They're not.

Being human and THINKING that we're a plague (with no actual proof for this to be the case) means that you should attempt to rid the world of it by ridding it of yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Survival of the fittest. This rule has been lived by since the dawn of life. Now "LIFE" wants to claim the rules unfair and harbor "lesser beings"? Seems like this sentence right here contradicts the entire 2 billions years of life on this planet.

Fuck the police, eat beings! SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST BITCHES!
    Survival of the fittest is usually applied to a single entity. However, we have changed that to include all human together. A quick example, if amazonian ants are dying en mass because of some natural disaster, the ants around the world wouldn't care. It is up to those amazonian ants to adapt and survive or they get wiped out. But in today's world village view, you have so many charity organizations helping those that would have been filtered out just so they have a chance at life.

On a much smaller scale, government are actively helping people who cannot survive on their own. And it is not uncommon to see people in poverty reproduce in greater numbers than those who are well off. As a nation, everyone pays taxes to support them whereas these people would've simply get filtered out.

So yeah, the survival of the fittest today isn't the survival of the fittest since the dawn of life. We have changed that. So your argument doesn't quite work.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Humans are more like pests to the planet.

We cause death, destruction, and are generally not beneficial to the environment / ecosystem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    You're assuming a plague/parasite is self-aware like humans are.

They're not.

Being human and THINKING that we're a plague (with no actual proof for this to be the case) means that you should attempt to rid the world of it by ridding it of yourself.
    You do not understand what the main trait of a parasite is.

And are you advocating suicide? That doesn't fix the problem, sparky.

What I tend to see from people of this perspective is this self loathing for humanity, but they then react with horror if you suggest some people should be allowed to starve to death as their population is unsustainable.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Humans are more like pests to the planet.

We cause death, destruction, and are generally not beneficial to the environment / ecosystem.
    And ?
    The only reason we should care about the ecosystem (btw we are the only beings that are even able to care lol) is so we can ensure its survival which in turns ensures our survival.

Things like preserving the earths fauna and flora are for esthetic, educational, historical, recreational, scientific and in very rare cases ecological (see the sentence above) reasons.

We dont do it for anyone but us.

Why are we so selfish you ask ? why not ? who else is there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I prefer the idea of helping those countries get developed (which will automatically solve the overpopulation problem) rather than trying to specifically solve overpopulation issues.
    Oh, I can agree with that. Knowledge is power.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 05:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    the earth has many proccesses that regulate temperature, atmosphere, and weather via positive or negative feedback.
    "nature" has ecosystems, which come about in the same way.

they constantly change, but they are constantly striving for "balance".

when something overwhelms the feedback mechanisms is when major shifts take place.
    Entropy would like to have a word with you.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    And ?
    The only reason we should care about the ecosystem (btw we are the only beings that are even able to care lol) is so we can ensure its survival which in turns ensures our survival.

Things like preserving the earths fauna and flora are for esthetic, educational, historical, recreational, scientific and in very rare cases ecological (see the sentence above) reasons.

I'm gonna headdesk now. Nothing dude. Just us and the rocks.

I simply can't believe these stuff. Overpopulation? What? The earth is just a wessel. Some day we won't need it anymore and move on. It is all about survival of the fittest. And the dominant species of earth is mankind. Yeah, if you go see the beautiful places in earth where there are little amount of people and a lot of nature you may believe "what's the point of us anyway?" But in reality, the universe is more than that. We have to know some things. We have to explore. We have to innovate and invent. We have to go further, or what's the point really? This earth is the beginning. Remember what the human kind have accomplished in the last century and imagine how people from 1900's think if they saw the way we live now. It is going to be same in the next 100 years. The only thing that will save us will be ourselves and our tech. Instead of trying to force people to have less children -which is not really democratic at all- let science create a solution for all that. Because you know, science is the answer, not wiping out the mankind or making "stop using oil" campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    And ?

You basically agreed with the statement then. We are pests to the rest of the world....

We don't care about the rest of the world, and we cause damage wherever we go. Sounds like a pest to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    You basically agreed with the statement then. We are pests to the rest of the world....

We don't care about the rest of the world, and we cause damage wherever we go. Sounds like a pest to me.
    And the rest of the world don't care about us. Your point?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance