Page 1 of 3
LastLast

one guy posts lot of cartel coin items in GTN

The price is reasonable.
    350k for Artifact Authorization
    70k for weekly
    etc

If I put something lower, he will buy mine and post it.
    Is he duper, flipper or both?

Some items (such as weekly passes), he is the only one is selling.
    I worry that he will be banned, then no one will sell them.

Edit for conclusion: My worry is correct. This guy disappeared.
    Many cartel coin items either are at crazy price or simply don't even show up.

If someone post a reason price, it sold in a hour.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2013-02-11 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The price is reasonable.
    70k for weekly
    etc

Why would he get banned for that?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Neither.

It sounds like someone who has lots of money to blow, loves swtor, and is using it to make credits without effort. If I was rich, nothing would stop me from doing that either.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Neither.

It sounds like someone who has lots of money to blow, loves swtor, and is using it to make credits without effort. If I was rich, nothing would stop me from doing that either.
    this, really

If our family had the excess money, my wife and I'd probably throw $50/ea/mo into these things for the F2Pers, supports both the game and the F2Pers playing for free. We like the game a lot, and would like to see it get improvements.

He's cornering the market. I was planning on doing something like that just for fun.

It's really easy to turn credits into even MORE credits in this game.

Deleted
    Please please tell me he's on Red Eclipse. If he's not lie to me to make me feel better

Quote Originally Posted by Harrus View Post
    Please please tell me he's on Red Eclipse. If he's not lie to me to make me feel better
    He is not on Red Eclipse.
    I am lucky on this server

I just bought 2 more weekly pass.

I am worry that he will disappear one day due to banning, left for WoW, rage quit, etc.

The price is reasonable.
    70k for weekly
    etc

hes a jerk if hes buying your cheaper ones then selling it for more. I don't care whether it gets him more money or not it just makes this game even more unvaiable as F2P/Preferred then it already is.

Anyone who puts cartel items lower then the credit cap is a hero, the lower the better. The ones jacking up the prices or keeping them high are jerks (just to point out I'm not calling them stupid, i get they are making credits, dosn't change the fact they are jerks).

Everyone always claims money is so easy to get in this game I dunno why people need to horde more if they already have more money then they know what to do with.

I just don't see what this has to do with SWTOR or F2P/ Prefered. This is a common practise in reality, it's a common practise in any mmo I played. People with more money can simply outbuy/ outdry other people.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    hes a jerk if hes buying your cheaper ones then selling it for more. I don't care whether it gets him more money or not it just makes this game even more unvaiable as F2P/Preferred then it already is.

Anyone who puts cartel items lower then the credit cap is a hero, the lower the better. The ones jacking up the prices or keeping them high are jerks (just to point out I'm not calling them stupid, i get they are making credits, dosn't change the fact they are jerks).

Everyone always claims money is so easy to get in this game I dunno why people need to horde more if they already have more money then they know what to do with.
    Except he's clearly posting items at lower prices than the majority of people, which is actually helping the game. If he honestly has enough credits to corner the entire unlock market, then there could be serious issues, but that normally comes with prices being skyrocketed and not placed for normal prices like 350k and 70k for weekly passes.

70k for a weekly pass is unfathomable to me. Just doing your dailies more than pays for you to raid/pvp or what have you.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Except he's clearly posting items at lower prices than the majority of people, which is actually helping the game. If he honestly has enough credits to corner the entire unlock market, then there could be serious issues, but that normally comes with prices being skyrocketed and not placed for normal prices like 350k and 70k for weekly passes.

70k for a weekly pass is unfathomable to me. Just doing your dailies more than pays for you to raid/pvp or what have you.
    This. I understand people wanting to play casually and not spend a ton of time doing things, but a round of dailies plus selling items would easily pay for this stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post

Playing the Auction House has always been a game-within-a-game throughout MMO history. Some players, for whatever reason, love the idea of making virtual currency for no other reason than to make virtual currency. The best way to describe it is that they see their character's bank account number of a scoreboard. While I get my kicks by taking down players in PvP or by being enthralled in Story/Lore, these individuals get their rocks off when they see a critically underlisted item that they can scoop up and resell for more. Their time is spent scanning the GTN for deals and taking advantage.

But yes, money is easy to come by in this game. I didn't sent my Guardian any credits, only some Cartel Adaptive Gear Shells, yet by the time I hit 50 I had over 1.5million credits after doing all my training. That was on Saturday. As of last night, after selling off various gear, gifts, and liquidating remaining Commendations into Mods to list on the GTN, I had nearly 3 million.

Yep.. I'm that guy. I did it in WoW for years. Retired in 2011 w/ over 7m in gold. Doing the same in this game. I'm well over 300m on PoF.

I have nothing to spend it on.. But wrecking markets and having people cry about the prices makes me laugh. Best pvp in game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deetron View Post
    Yep.. I'm that guy. I did it in WoW for years. Retired in 2011 w/ over 7m in gold. Doing the same in this game. I'm well over 300m on PoF.

I have nothing to spend it on.. But wrecking markets and having people cry about the prices makes me laugh. Best pvp in game.
    Ever thought about making a toon on Red Eclipse server?

Deleted
    Ever thought about making a toon on Red Eclipse server?
    You want an artifact authorisation for 350k mate lemme know. I'm sure I have a few left.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2013-01-29 at 04:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    You want an artifact authorisation for 350k mate lemme know. I'm sure I have a few left.
    You can have my unborn babies, my future house, car and anything else you wish if it's true! *runs back to the game to get the cash today*

I picked up an Artifact Authorization for 500 credits on the GTN the other day. Someone forgot a couple 0's!

Deleted
    You can have my unborn babies, my future house, car and anything else you wish if it's true! *runs back to the game to get the cash today*
    No worries mate. PM'ing you shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post

But yes, money is easy to come by in this game. I didn't sent my Guardian any credits, only some Cartel Adaptive Gear Shells, yet by the time I hit 50 I had over 1.5million credits after doing all my training. That was on Saturday. As of last night, after selling off various gear, gifts, and liquidating remaining Commendations into Mods to list on the GTN, I had nearly 3 million.
    I seriously don't understand how people do that. On my level 50 it is rare for me to have over 2 million. I do all the dailes on all planets on average 3-4 times a week. I've kept a record and after doing all dailies I'm lucky if I get over 350k-450k. I do spend it on things like legacy races (from AH now) and other perks so i never acumulate a lot at any one time but still getting that money takes forever.

My toons never buy anything from vendors. i don't die every 5 minutes (barely ever actually) so i'm not spending it all on repairs or anything. Cybertech can make nothing that sells over 30K it seems (unless i somehow get those magical mods over 22 grade, even then the supplies cost a rediculous amount). The most expensive thing either of my 50s can make is Advanced rasolve augment 22 which sells for a little under 50k. The mats take days to get from max affection companions and cost ridiculous amounts in thhe AH.

Anyways back to the point of the thread. If hes making things cheaper in the AH hes a hero, hes taking from the greedy and giving to the needy. People who sell over the credit caps are jerks.

I wish there was 1000 more guys like this, maybe they are trying to knock some sense into people who sell things for way too much in this game (and there are a lot of them).

I think he is a flipper.
    He stays away from the most profitable cartel coin market - major experience boost.

If he really wants to transfer real money to credit, he can use the major experience boost.
    It sells like hot cake.