Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Macs and PCs do exactly the same thing. Profession is irrelevant. The only difference is a smaller (albeit MUCH larger than it used to be) library of compatible software for the Mac.
    This is true, unfortunately artists are not techies (not hardcore anyhow) and may not realize that Mac stopped using Power PC hardware quite a long time ago. Inside a Mac is the same hardware inside a PC. No difference.

But hey, I will give them this much, OSX is as simple and reliable as an OS can get. If you have no need for modifications to your system, then a Mac is the way to go.

so long as you do not mind paying $1000 more for a really easy to use facebook/youtube machnine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    The grind in GW2 is even more monotonous.

After 100% World completion and all events/jump puzzles, seen all story/explorable dungeons (you get to this point quite quickly even playing casually), the game becomes nothing but a grind. Grinding Tokens/Karma, Grinding DE's, Grinding WvW and Grinding Dailies.
    did you even read his argument "you can choose for grind, but it won't make you stronger" and thats treu only thing you can grind for is cosmetics you get all content there is not really gated content beside HIGH level (insert new dungeon name here..) i forgot the name..

Macs used to be the end-all for graphic and photo manipulation. That was when Adobe developed their products for Mac and then ported them to PC. They don't do that anymore. PCs used to be the end-all for video games because developers would develop for their saturated market and not bother with Macs due to the costs of porting the game over. Many of them don't do that anymore.

Say hello to 2013 oh you forum goers spouting misconceptions over a decade old.

As far as good games well ... the first challenge is to figure out a good MMO that meets your needs. Based on your description of choice and freedom your wants sound less MMO and more solo RPG like Fable or Skyrim. MMOs by design restrict your choices because the focus is playing with other people. So they want to push you in that direction.

Do you require your games to be fully Mac compatible, or are you willing to run the games in a virtualized windows like Parallels or Bootcamp? If so you're choices will be infinitely more expanded, but of course the games may not run as smoothly as you'd like (or they could run just fine). Skyrim is currently PC only but some people have had great luck with a mac port

If exploration and absolute freedom are what you want though... I really think you should look outside the MMO genre because that sounds like you want a sandbox.

Deleted
    I recommend Guild Wars 2.

Guild Wars 2 pretty much allows you to explore the world and you gain loads of experience doing so. The game is really chill, you can go at the speed you want to, but I recommend not trying to rush yourself to max level which is 80.

There is grind in Guild Wars 2, but not forced grind, it's up to you if you want to grind or not, otherwise you can enjoy the game without it.

All these people saying there is no forced grind in Guild Wars 2... That is true in the same sense that dailies are not forced grinds in WoW. I am not biased either way. I think GW2 is a good game and I am not a daily hater. But this is not really a valid argument. I mean sure it isn't forced. Sure you can get the best gear easily. But then what are you doing at 80? If you aren't trying to get a legendary or getting armor skins from dungeons (which take about 70 runs of the same dungeon) or farming Karma, then what are you doing? If you don't like to PvP, in my experience, there really isn't too much else to do. So yeah, it isn't forced but you will be standing around doing nothing.

But GW2 does have some unique classes, a pretty fun leveling experience, decent story, and crafting is okay. So it is not a bad game but I can't stand when people say it has no grind. It is a lie.

The reason ppl look down on a grind is because content can be gated (you cannot do this content because you need X) And this is what WoW does. It puts barriers up so that it takes longer for you to do and see certain things. GW2 however doesnt have these gates or barriers but it still has the grind. In WoW you grind dailies to open up new dalies so you can get stronger gear so u can progress in dungeons or you grind BG's for honor so u can get stronger to make arena's and RBG's easier.

In GW2 you grind to get gear but that gear is not required to progress in dungeons or in world events. Its jsut cosmetic so its up to you on how you want to look and what stats you want to go for.

Anyone who has called wow a grind obviously have no clue what a grind really is and should go play ffxi so they know what a grind really is. Its like people who call other people of a different political party Nazi's or terrorists, they obviously have no clue what a real one is like.

Quote Originally Posted by isuridedes View Post
    Macs used to be the end-all for graphic and photo manipulation. That was when Adobe developed their products for Mac and then ported them to PC. They don't do that anymore. PCs used to be the end-all for video games because developers would develop for their saturated market and not bother with Macs due to the costs of porting the game over. Many of them don't do that anymore.

Say hello to 2013 oh you forum goers spouting misconceptions over a decade old.

As far as good games well ... the first challenge is to figure out a good MMO that meets your needs. Based on your description of choice and freedom your wants sound less MMO and more solo RPG like Fable or Skyrim. MMOs by design restrict your choices because the focus is playing with other people. So they want to push you in that direction.

Do you require your games to be fully Mac compatible, or are you willing to run the games in a virtualized windows like Parallels or Bootcamp? If so you're choices will be infinitely more expanded, but of course the games may not run as smoothly as you'd like (or they could run just fine). Skyrim is currently PC only but some people have had great luck with a mac port

If exploration and absolute freedom are what you want though... I really think you should look outside the MMO genre because that sounds like you want a sandbox.
    I got Skyrim at PS3 and I love it, but I kinda can't live without competition, and there is no competition @ sky rim

But.. I am a rogue.