Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ...
    I loved seeing the new mouseover for metamorphosis last night, it made me think of this bloated and ridiculously biased forum thread. /flutters eyelashes (if I had eyes)

Metamorphosis (H) - Cast by a warlock pretending to be a demon hunter.
    For some reason I'm not seeing it in the ability list anymore from the post last night.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post30432175

That's kind of weird. It was an official tool tip with official user interface integration, and now it's gone. Or I'm crazier than usual.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    In light of the recent chatter surrounding EoA, I thought it a good idea to ressurect this thread to remind everyone that it's highly unlikely that you'll ever see a DH class in WoW.

Hope springs eternal though.
    And all you have are arguments that would have totally ruled out both Deathknights and Monks had you tried using them before they were implemented in the game.

This post just further indicates your entire concern with this issue is one of psychological nourishment. I charge that you don't care about logical discourse, you care about self assertion.

- - - Updated - - -

LoL! This has nothing to do with Tinkers. It has everything to do with DHs not working with WoW's class design.
    Not working within your rigid and limited interpretations, I think you mean. Your bloated army of strawmen is all you have beyond the obvious question at hand here which you insist on dishonestly portraying as definitive. Namely, are demon hunters redundant?

You refuse to acknowledge or entertain any hypotheticals to the contrary as if the issue is intrinsically self evident. This thread is just a podium for you to reinforce your own convictions ad nauseum. It serves an educational example, at least.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-11-07 at 07:05 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Still exists on WoWhead, though not sure if it's going to be the official description when the game goes live

http://wod.wowhead.com/garrisonabili...rphosis#guides

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Still exists on WoWhead, though not sure if it's going to be the official description when the game goes live

http://wod.wowhead.com/garrisonabili...rphosis#guides
    Going live or not, it certainly is suggestive to an impressionable strapping young lad like myself.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...7.jpg~original
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard would find a way to make the class work.

They could also have every Demon Hunter come with Glaives that scale with level, or perhaps class quests where they upgrade their weapon periodically.

They don't have to wear leather. They could use int mail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Funny, people feeding the Troll, so Props to Teriz for pulling off a Necro-crit-troll post.

As to the Subject which should be dead and buried, as we all know that WoD will not have any new classes. And frankly if they ever add a new class it will fit the lore and the direction of the game. Also it'll be a highly requested Class.

Because we all know

1: Blizzard is in business to make money.
    2: You make money by making the largest portion of the population happy.

So with those two ideas, Demon Hunter will one day become a class, sadly because of the 3-4 year troll campaign by Teriz, we might actually see something like a Tinker Class.

And if we are very unlucky and Blizzard tosses lore out the door, which they do often they could merge the ideas together. Granted if they did that it would actually be an artificer class, but called Demon Hunter, ie Diablo 3 Demon Hunters.

The next class will be mail user, so no, not demon hunters. Battle Mage is my bet.

1. Let's be frank here, the DH 'lore' is shit. Demon hunters are essentially a lore ass-pull for the Hero unit in an RTS designed for a specific storyline character. This is, however, easy solved by making a 'reformed' DH faction that does not want to associate with half-crazy half-naked outcasts. Compared to Death Knights being suddenly good and being allowed in major cities it won't be even that big of an asspull.

As for abilities, if we would like some continuity, there is no problem in making another evasion-like ability and shipping a 'clone' of Immo Aura, calling it 'Arcane Immolation' or whatnot.

2. Yeah, huge problem, just like with the monk class. Since the Brewmaster only had those specific four abilities, there is NO WAY the class could've had a healing spec or even a DPS spec that does not breath fire/smash kegs. So Blizzard shipped the tank-only monk class... oh wait, that didn't happen, they actually created a whole new set of abilities and lore. Well, same will happen with DH who would've imagined. So, not a problem at all.

3. See p1, not an issue. The moment your DH stop being an Illidan clone is the moment they can start sensibly wear mail. After all, hunters jump around in mail all the time, can't be that heavy.

4. Bullshit.

5. Also bullshit, but with more baseless declarative statements that you wish were true. Tinker is Engineering profession, few people want it as a class; I understand you do but stop plugging it everywhere. Rangers are Hunters. Spellbreakers are magic immune 'ranged melee' non-hero unit with little to no class potential. The only thing they have going for them is the iconic look. Either explain how these classes would 'offere more to the playerbase' and 'be a better fit for modern wow' or stop saying it like it's the objective truth.

In conclusion, stop imagining that everyone wants tinkers and that DHs are somehow cannot be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Funny, people feeding the Troll, so Props to Teriz for pulling off a Necro-crit-troll post.
    Yeah mad props bro. Now let's go pull the fire alarm at the mall and watch all those idiots react to it. Totally genius.

/airguitar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Oh lord, it's that tinker guy.

*walks out*
    <snip>
    Infracted.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2014-11-07 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    And all you have are arguments that would have totally ruled out both Deathknights and Monks had you tried using them before they were implemented in the game.
    I love how you simply ignore evidence and ramble irrelevant points into the discussion. I actually said that WoW would have a Monk class before MoP was announced.

Let's take a look at Monks and Death Knights; Both come from large archetypes that can easily be split into three specializations. Both had none of their abilities from WC3 within the classes before their release (and no, Death Coil Warlock was not the same as Death Coil DK). Both were very different than any existing class at the time.

Now let's look at Demon Hunters; Doesn't come from a large archetype, so creating three unique specializations is a problem. All of its abilities from WC3 exist in other classes. Is very similar to Warlocks and Rogues because its concept was used in the creation of both of those classes.

Let's also not forget that part of the DH's appeal is its appearance and weapons. Both of which cannot be replicated in the WoW class system. A system that requires a class to be able to use a variety of weapons, and to be fully armored. The only way Blizzard could implement the DH into WoW would be to create something that isn't the DH that fans want. So in the end, you'll have a mail-wearing melee class that looks and plays no different than a Rogue with demonic abilities;

You really excited about that?
    Last edited by Teriz; 2014-11-07 at 11:40 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    LoL! This has nothing to do with Tinkers. It has everything to do with DHs not working with WoW's class design.
    Not at this time, no.

However....with the suspicion that Blizzard will change the class formula from L100 somehow, they may still very well end up a separate class.

Right now...it's a case of Blizzard COULD do it - but their design system right now wouldn't support that as it would simply cross over into design space already held by other classes. It's almost inconceivable that a DH won't be able to turn into a Demon, for example - but Warlocks have that and Blizzard won't take it away or copy it. Would Blizzard breaks the DHs lore link to demons they share with Warlocks? Highly unlikely. And so on.

I'm half surprised noone has leapt on the new postcards from Blizzard as a hint for of a new Tinker class

Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    Why do you say Demon hunter does what rogue and warlock does but better when they are not even in the game...
    Because right now....DHs are Warlocks but have a "cool" factor existing classes do not.

just makes you look stupid because you dont know what blizzard would want them to do if they did want to add them.

We know what Blizzard would want them to do....be the DH we already see in game, because THAT is what players would expect and want. The exact playstyle, spell lists and so on would be debateable but the DH Blizzrad woudl add is by and large what we see in game.

The big question is whether there is enough free space in the classes design space to allow them to have their own standalone class.

DHs in the game - as they are right now - are those who use demon power and magics for their own goals. What differentiates them gameplaywise from Warlocks is HOW they use that power. Melee fighters vs Ranged casters. Nothing else. That's a big enough difference to justify a new spec...not a new class.

wc3 blademaster had stealth even though they are warriors... but warriors dont in WoW and rogues do.
    Problem isn't individual abilities, but the entire design space.

btw Priest uses holy magic paladin uses holy magic but you still have holy priest and holy paladin that play different
    School of magic does little except determine the color of your spells.

so why couldnt there be another class based on demonic magic that doesnt play like a warlock?
    Because the overlap goes FAR FAR beyond the school of magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    As a first timer to this convo I must say the OP puts forward a extremely convincing case, however!, if Blizz really wanted to they could quite easily adapt, and or change storylines and upcoming lore to introduce DH's as a playable hero class much like DKs were.

Its possible. They have alot of community backing for it. I for one would love to run around as an blind glaive wielding orc
    They could...but to get around the issues, you'd end up with a totally different class. At which point, why call it a Demon Hunter? Why tie in the class to the existing expectations and then not fill them?

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Both of those classes had existing design space and themes into which they could be migrated and designed around. Undeath and Unarmed Combat respectively.

The Demon Hunter does not. Right now, there is only one major gameplay difference between a Warlock and a Demon Hunter - the Warlock can't dual wield.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2014-11-07 at 12:59 PM.

Deleted
    It's really easy to think of three specs for a DH - Magic focused, stealth focused, combat focused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellerain View Post
    1. Let's be frank here, the DH 'lore' is shit. Demon hunters are essentially a lore ass-pull for the Hero unit in an RTS designed for a specific storyline character. This is, however, easy solved by making a 'reformed' DH faction that does not want to associate with half-crazy half-naked outcasts. Compared to Death Knights being suddenly good and being allowed in major cities it won't be even that big of an asspull.
    Its actually a larger asspull because unlike Death Knights, Demon Hunters chose to become DHs.

As for abilities, if we would like some continuity, there is no problem in making another evasion-like ability and shipping a 'clone' of Immo Aura, calling it 'Arcane Immolation' or whatnot.
    Yes.. there's NO problem in creating another evasion-based agility class that purposely copies abilities from two existing classes.

2. Yeah, huge problem, just like with the monk class. Since the Brewmaster only had those specific four abilities, there is NO WAY the class could've had a healing spec or even a DPS spec that does not breath fire/smash kegs. So Blizzard shipped the tank-only monk class... oh wait, that didn't happen, they actually created a whole new set of abilities and lore. Well, same will happen with DH who would've imagined. So, not a problem at all.
    The Monk archetype has long had elements of tanking and healing within it. Hence why the class is called Monk and not Brewmaster.

3. See p1, not an issue. The moment your DH stop being an Illidan clone is the moment they can start sensibly wear mail. After all, hunters jump around in mail all the time, can't be that heavy.
    Except the very reason this concept is popular is because of the Illidan clone aspect. People want to play as the Illidan version of Demon Hunters period.

5. Also bullshit, but with more baseless declarative statements that you wish were true. Tinker is Engineering profession, few people want it as a class; I understand you do but stop plugging it everywhere. Rangers are Hunters. Spellbreakers are magic immune 'ranged melee' non-hero unit with little to no class potential. The only thing they have going for them is the iconic look. Either explain how these classes would 'offere more to the playerbase' and 'be a better fit for modern wow' or stop saying it like it's the objective truth.

In conclusion, stop imagining that everyone wants tinkers and that DHs are somehow cannot be made.
    Tinkers would offer more to the playerbase because its distinct from existing classes, translate easily into the class system, play any role, wear full armor and use a variety of weapons, easily fills the weapon (physical ranged) and armor (mail) gaps, could start from level 1 or be a hero class, don't conflict with the lore of various races, etc.

Additionally, Tinkers wouldn't purposely make one or more existing classes obsolete.

Deleted
    Referring to that 4th reason. "People want to play demon hunters because they want to look like Illidan". Same argument can be made that DK's have no place in WoW cause people just wanna be Arthas. Yet here we are among the plethora of Xxarthusdkx players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    It's really easy to think of three specs for a DH - Magic focused, stealth focused, combat focused.
    Not when they're so close thematically to Rogues and Warlocks. We've had examples of Demon Hunters using demonic pets, Warlock abilities, and metamorphosis. We've also had Demon Hunters utilizing Stealth, cloak, DWing, and teleporting behind targets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Waiting for the "5 reasons why Demon Hunters will be a class in WoW" lol
    I would def play one.

Give the devs 2-3 weeks and I am sure they will overcome any point you made in your 1-5. Seriously theres so much you could make anew with imagination
    Last edited by Anium; 2014-11-07 at 12:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Necroing a thread this old just to continue a fight is not the right reason to ressurect a thread. After this long a new thread is generally a better idea, though I suggest people start a thread on the subject of Demon Hunters to have constructive discussion next time, and not to have a fight about them.

CLOSED.