View Poll Results: do you enjoy plunderstorm?

Voters
128. This poll is closed
  • i hate plunderstorm, i play it just for the rewards

69 53.91%
  • i really love plunderstorm its so fun

59 46.09%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    The subcost is 13 Eur a month if you play the game a year you can buy more than 3 games for that money. We should at least get 3 major patches every year. not some waste of time boring mini game.
    This mini game shouldn't even require a sub tbf.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm surprised it is hated more than beloved, but i think this comment summarize why best
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    The biggest mistake they made was giving it rewards that carry over into the real game.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Good news for the people that dislike it in the 10.6.2 patch notes released today:

PLUNDERSTORM, THE SEQUEL
    Coming very soon, we’re releasing a completely non-PvP sequel to Plunderstorm. This event has no PvP whatsoever, and it’s super easy to pick up all the rewards, as they’re just laying on the ground in the relative safety of the starting zones! Look for this relaxing in-game activity on your calendar under the name “Noblegarden”.
    "WoW's storytelling has become increasingly less interesting due to the writers trying to hamfist western-centric liberal ideas into every storyline. They are erasing the interesting and unique warcraft cultures with liberal and western values, rendering them boring and unimaginative." - Floot

As someone who has never played a battle royale plunderstorm was a new and exciting type of video game for me, that I didn't need to log out of WoW to experience.

I would say it's a total win. Like pet battles just a game within a game.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    i'm surprised it is hated more than beloved, but i think this comment summarize why best
    Just that it was not a "mistake" it was an intentional decision to lure people that would normally not care to play any of the PvP game modes in and thus create easy victims for the 5% PvP playerbase the game has.

If they hadn't done this, their metrics would have given disastrous numbers for participation and then they'd get smacked by their shareholders for wasting hundreds of hours of dev time on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Just that it was not a "mistake" it was an intentional decision to lure people that would normally not care to play any of the PvP game modes in and thus create easy victims for the 5% PvP playerbase the game has.

If they hadn't done this, their metrics would have given disastrous numbers for participation and then they'd get smacked by their shareholders for wasting hundreds of hours of dev time on this.
    PvE Mount collectors rage as if there aren't already over 50 mounts available just through pvp.

There is NO incenstive to win

If you just finish the quest, clear one or two elite camps and then die, you get 800 rep in less than 5 minutes

if you stick around until you're in the last 5 players, you waste about 15minutes, and as a reward you get about 1200 rep

I like the gamemode, but they managed to make winning feel much less rewarding than dieing as the first player.

Where is the middle option - "I like the mode, but play only for the rewards" - that would be me.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Not really; attaching rewards was fine. If there were no rewards I would never even try a PvP mode. The problem is that it's way, way too grindy, even after all the adjustments. Should be 1 hour just to check it out, but if you hate it, suck at PvP, and just want to grind the rewards, it takes ~30.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    There is NO incenstive to win

If you just finish the quest, clear one or two elite camps and then die, you get 800 rep in less than 5 minutes

if you stick around until you're in the last 5 players, you waste about 15minutes, and as a reward you get about 1200 rep

I like the gamemode, but they managed to make winning feel much less rewarding than dieing as the first player.
    Uh there is absolutely an incentive to win? Firstly you get the extra 500 plunder from coming 1st but if you are winning you should have gotten a few kills at least and that is where you can get massive amounts of blunder. Winning now is an entire renown level worth of plunder if you're doing it right. If you're in the top 5 and you only have 1200 plunder you're doing it wrong.

Right now it's tuned such that engaging with the content and being competitive is rewarded by more rep per minute spent than doing the WQ and noping out, yes. That was a HUGE problem on initial release but they fixed it. Great change for people that enjoy Plunderstorm, no impact for those who don't.

The one thing I can't stand about this is the level system. I know how much of a difference it makes. My first win was against a guy who was 3 level below me. He outplayed me, the only reason I won the game was because of the level difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    PvE Mount collectors rage as if there aren't already over 50 mounts available just through pvp.
    Who cares about mounts? The Captain mog and the two-handed sword are some of the best in the game currently...

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    Uh there is absolutely an incentive to win? Firstly you get the extra 500 plunder from coming 1st but if you are winning you should have gotten a few kills at least and that is where you can get massive amounts of blunder. Winning now is an entire renown level worth of plunder if you're doing it right. If you're in the top 5 and you only have 1200 plunder you're doing it wrong.
    I might be, but killing a player in the latter stage of the game (less than 20 remaining) never gives more than about 200 rep, it feels very unrewarding.
    And first place gets measly 500 rep? winning is not only hard, but also very time consuming. From the time it takes you to get a victory roayale (for those sweet 500 tendies), you could probably que about 5 new matches, finish the quest, kill two elites and leave with 500 tenders each.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floot View Post
    Good news for the people that dislike it in the 10.6.2 patch notes released today:
    Blizzard is funny.

You are not.