Deleted

Question [Returned after 7 month break] Genuinely need advice on which class to level : )

Hey Everyone,

First off, let me just apologize for the username, I have no idea why I chose it when I made this account

Anyway...

I haven't played World of Warcraft for around 7 months. I stopped playing near the end of Cataclysm as university came along and I just got a teeeeeny bit bored. I thoroughly enjoy PvP, i'm actually pretty skilled at it and it is what I plan to do once I hit 90 in MoP. But a few issues have arisen from my very brief time playing the 10 day trial of MoP; ALOT seems to have changed.

- I have no idea what the talents are going on about, I understand Blizzard seem to want to make people to make choices between two very appealing talents but what was wrong with the old talent system? I guess I am still a little stuck in my old ways! (I'm 20, not that old, just chucking it out there!)

- I watched a video about Balance druids apparently being quite a strong opponent in PvP, versus many different classes.... what seemed to really confuse me was that alot of the videos have the balance druid fighting in cat form & bear form :S Then once the opponent hits 20% they go into moonkin and pop every CD. I don't understand why this is, why not just roll Feral? :S

- Stats are all crazy, I don't understand the market anymore, the chats are all loco. (This is just me qq'ing, time will heal this )

PART 2:

I only tend to level one class to the level cap. I cannot do what some people do and level their 4 toons straight after one another to hit the cap and then PvP, the leveling bores me far too much. So I would like advice from you all, who have tonnes more insight and experience in MoP than me, in which of the following toons / classes you would recommend I level to 90 for endgame PvP.

- Druid (Was my main in Cata, played as Feral. Played Resto during WotLK)
    - Mage (Literally another main, played as Frost in Cata, and then preferred Fire near the end)
    - Rogue (I PvP'd for a month on the rogue in Cata at 85 before I stopped playing)
    - DK (Played UH during WotLK, I wasn't too bad at playing this toon, just found it a little boring and very squishy in arena. Rune management would tick me off now and then)

So, those are the four classes I have, and I want to level one of them to 90 and get back into arena If you could post a little explanation as-to why that class and why not the others I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to reading your replies

prolly rogue as they are gettin buffed in 5.2 and will be good again.
    do what you feel.

Okay;

Resto Druid - Very similar to how it was in WotLK. You revolve a lot of your healing around letting your Lifeblooms 'bloom' though, and you generally cant outheal the damage a lot of cleaves do. Kind of frustrating, but their output is being buffed slightly in 5.2. Cyclone is being put on the same DR as Poly, but if you have a Warlock or Shadow Priest friend, then that'll be the way to go.

Feral Druid - Extremely bursty, and nearly all of its CC is being taken away. I played Feral in Wotlk and Cata (4 seasons in total), and I hate the playstyle it has now. It's basically become a slightly less in-your-face Warrior type class. I don't think Feral will be viable next patch purely because it brings nothing to the table other than brute force.

Mage - Frost is very strong. Fire is very strong. Both are pretty much reliant on being able to rotate your damage properly making use of a new spell called 'Alter Time'. You try and get all your procs up, press alter time (It basically 'saves' all your buffs, health, mana, position etc), you use all your procs for damage, press alter time again (Puts you back to the 'save' you made) and do it again. It basically adds up to huge burst, but Mages are losing blanket CS next patch and I don't think they will be as good as they are right now.

DK - Unholy is very different to how it was in WotLK. Rune recharge is also a lot slower, and the whole playstyle of DK is very slow-moving but extremely diverse. I'm not sure I can explain it well, but you basically won't know what you'll be doing in a couple of globals (whereas other classes you can pretty much figure out a gameplan for the next 10 seconds). Still lacking in the being-trained department but are getting some neat changes next patch. They'll become more popular, but I wouldn't recommend the playstyle.

Rogue - Their damage is pretty good but their survivability is dog. They are a lot different to how they were in Cata and I personally don't prefer the new playstyle, but a couple of people do. They are getting some buffs and tweaks and I've got a pretty good feeling that their burst is going to be disgusting next patch.

Monk - The new class, they are pretty interesting. Blizzard are packing them full of juicy goodness to try and get their representation up and there's a pretty good chance they'll be one of the best classes next patch. Their playstyle is very unique, as a DPS you rely on movement and 'bursts' of damage and speed. Mobility is key and you are pretty good at shutting down 1-2 people (like a more in-your-face rogue). The healing spec I dont know much about, but it's pretty unique too.

Judging by your previous specs, I'd say you'll either enjoy Druid or Monk most. Resto is much like it was in WotLK (Balance is fun too!) and Monks are the new class on the block, so you'll be starting fresh the same as everyone else for that class.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-01-24 at 04:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Okay;

Resto Druid - Very similar to how it was in WotLK. You revolve a lot of your healing around letting your Lifeblooms 'bloom' though, and you generally cant outheal the damage a lot of cleaves do. Kind of frustrating, but their output is being buffed slightly in 5.2. Cyclone is being put on the same DR as Poly, but if you have a Warlock or Shadow Priest friend, then that'll be the way to go.

Feral Druid - Extremely bursty, and nearly all of its CC is being taken away. I played Feral in Wotlk and Cata (4 seasons in total), and I hate the playstyle it has now. It's basically become a slightly less in-your-face Warrior type class. I don't think Feral will be viable next patch purely because it brings nothing to the table other than brute force.

Mage - Frost is very strong. Fire is very strong. Both are pretty much reliant on being able to rotate your damage properly making use of a new spell called 'Alter Time'. You try and get all your procs up, press alter time (It basically 'saves' all your buffs, health, mana, position etc), you use all your procs for damage, press alter time again (Puts you back to the 'save' you made) and do it again. It basically adds up to huge burst, but Mages are losing blanket CS next patch and I don't think they will be as good as they are right now.

DK - Unholy is very different to how it was in WotLK. Rune recharge is also a lot slower, and the whole playstyle of DK is very slow-moving but extremely diverse. I'm not sure I can explain it well, but you basically won't know what you'll be doing in a couple of globals (whereas other classes you can pretty much figure out a gameplan for the next 10 seconds). Still lacking in the being-trained department but are getting some neat changes next patch. They'll become more popular, but I wouldn't recommend the playstyle.

Rogue - Their damage is pretty good but their survivability is dog. They are a lot different to how they were in Cata and I personally don't prefer the new playstyle, but a couple of people do. They are getting some buffs and tweaks and I've got a pretty good feeling that their burst is going to be disgusting next patch.

Monk - The new class, they are pretty interesting. Blizzard are packing them full of juicy goodness to try and get their representation up and there's a pretty good chance they'll be one of the best classes next patch. Their playstyle is very unique, as a DPS you rely on movement and 'bursts' of damage and speed. Mobility is key and you are pretty good at shutting down 1-2 people (like a more in-your-face rogue). The healing spec I dont know much about, but it's pretty unique too.

Judging by your previous specs, I'd say you'll either enjoy Druid or Monk most. Resto is much like it was in WotLK (Balance is fun too!) and Monks are the new class on the block, so you'll be starting fresh the same as everyone else for that class.
    Hey

Very interesting read, thanks for taking the time to type that! Monk does sound interesting, I might watch a few YouTube videos of them in action and see their abilities etc I remember Resto Druids being almost god-like in WotLK, but I do miss playing a healing role in PvP, I might consider going resto in MoP; Warlock&Resto Druid always seem to go hand-in-hand.

Thanks for the reply!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Okay;

Hmmm, I replied to this in the morning but it didn't go through :s

Thank you very much for the informative break-down in your reply I think RestoDruid&Lock will be strong yet again, if resto druids are like how they were during WotLK they must be hard to take down but vulnerable to switches in 3's I guess. Not so keen on the mage idea, I preferred Mage gameplay back in Cata, found it very fun, and I could control extremely well and pull out buckets of damage when needed. I shall stay clear of the DK, never really appealed to me, no idea why I endured leveling one to 85 :| I will watch some Monk videos on YouTube, see what they look like I've read a few thread on here and the EU forums but the general consensus on them is very mixed :/

Thanks again! Any more opinions welcome!