Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Everytime NK does their "we have nukes" thing I think of Sid Meire's civilization where the leader appears to says "we have nuclear weapons".
    Haha, yeah, in Civ 2: "Tremble before our might, for you are now speaking to a NUCLEAR ARMED NATION!"
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

All I can say is I never knew mmo champers HATED americans this much.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    ESPECIALLY if you consider the high number of casualties in a invasion scenario was also caused by "probable opposition by fanatically hostile population"..
    We are talking about a country that viewed their leader as the son of GOD who was to take over the world. They were to take over the world by first taking over China and wiping out their race and using their rich land as a base to take over the rest of the world. Their Emperor was basically Jesus! It was a fanatical country back then. Japan killed many of their own people who went against this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    It also spooked the Soviet union into not taking ALL of Europe, if the Soviets had control of all of Europe the cold war may have ended differently.
    And someone would have dropped the bomb somewhere at some point. If it hadn't been us, it would have been the Soviets. Or maybe we would have nuked Russia instead of Japan when they started to expand.

I don't see the point of starting a war...? Anyone...? Stupid Kim Jong Un.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Surely you cant be living in NK right now? I would imagine you would be sent to jail for conspiring against the government with that kind of post.

Also please stop talking about the nukes in Japan like they were just and right. Its bloody sickening.
    What? I'm speaking against the SOUTH government...

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Haha, yeah, in Civ 2: "Tremble before our might, for you are now speaking to a NUCLEAR ARMED NATION!"
    Hehe... man civ 1 and 2 I actually lost track of entire days playing.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The military professionals at the time BOTH JAPANESE AND AMERICAN said the numbers of deaths will be in the millions if it gets to a land battle. It doesn't matter what some other people say lol. The bombs were quick and they scared the country into surrender. A country that likely wouldn't have
    Pretty much every expert I heared from this days agree, that Japan didn't surrender due to bombing. Japan emperor wrote later that japan military used super weapon to excuse their fail.

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    I know, but as the USA is the only nation to ever use such weapons, and for dubious political reasons at that
    Your understanding and knowledge of WWII is very poor.

Let's not forget that those weapons were used against the country responsible for the greatest round of genocide in modern history.
    Last edited by Skarssen; 2013-01-24 at 04:38 PM.

Deleted
    We are talking about a country that viewed their leader as the son of GOD who was to take over the world. They were to take over the world by first taking over China and wiping out their race and using their rich land as a base to take over the rest of the world. Their Emperor was basically Jesus! It was a fanatical country back then. Japan killed many of their own people who went against this.
    Sounds familiar.......

15+ Year Old Account
    Chance was what happening was low? The Japanese had been fighting even though they were the only country left. I don't get why people get up in arms about the nukes when Japan themselves went around killing tens of thousands of non-devout Japanese.
    Chances these projections were right, whatever way it happened (Downfall or bombings or any other way), most were long terms projections (with high chance of war ending in few months), or crazy suicide operations like Downfall.

And a very easy explanation on why: no one says Japan killings were "right", or "saved lives".

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really not sure why people bother reporting on what North Korea says/does. Their neighbors don't pay much attention to them either. They have plans for if NK acts up, but they don't worry about it much. Visiting SK as a westerner is a pretty crazy experience, a lot of westerners worry a lot more about NK than the South Koreans do. You almost wouldn't even know that they have a crazy neighbor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardblack View Post
    Now I've seen everything.

I don't get it. You can see that the south is so much better of than the north it's not even funny, yet you defend the north?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Hehe... man civ 1 and 2 I actually lost track of entire days playing.
    I still do that with Civ V. I think Civ 2 was my favorite, though it wasn't as shiny and amazing as when I first started playing the Civ 1 demo that I'd downloaded from I think Prodigy Online. I memorized the entire Civilopedia before I even bought the game. Civ 1 was the first computer game I bought with my own money, for $70.

Deleted
    And someone would have dropped the bomb somewhere at some point. If it hadn't been us, it would have been the Soviets. Or maybe we would have nuked Russia instead of Japan when they started to expand.
    I agree that it would have been used at some stage, and better it was an enemy we were at war with at the time, but people need to stop quoting biased history books and look a little deeper into the real reason they were used.

Japan was ready to surrender, but wanted conditions, that was a fact. The USA wanted unconditional so used nukes to get it, I would have done exactly the same thing at the time, if only to stop the Soviets in their tracks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Sounds familiar.......
    Are you talking about the Mongolians?

Deleted
    Are you talking about the Mongolians?
    They are trying to knock south South Koreas city wall!

Deleted
    Yeh this is our idea of Japan and its warriors.
    Then we have the real story. A nation crippled, with serious economic problems, people in trouble and already on the verge of surrendering.

I don't really understand what's so hard to accept.
    It was a different era. Things were done differently back then. Some other country would have done the same. It isn an accusation to the USA man.
    Why would people defend the bombings in Japan, or germany even, is beyond me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zox2 View Post
    I don't get it. You can see that the south is so much better of than the north it's not even funny, yet you defend the north?
    So much better? In what exactly? I love my country, I love the people, I love the party and I love Heaven Lake. Because of this, I think it's better. Have you ever been to NK? How can you say something else is better?

Deleted
    So much better? In what exactly? I love my country, I love the people, I love the party and I love Heaven Lake. Because of this, I think it's better. Have you ever been to NK? How can you say something else is better?
    Do you also enjoy having to rely on outside aid so much?