Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    I'm skeptical there is even such a thing as love. I've never seen it. What I see is that people respond positively to positive stimuli. If a person suddenly starts getting negative stimuli from that source, that start responding negatively. True love is unconditional, but I have never seen that in my entire life. There are always selfish conditions in any display of affection. People are out to get what they want, and if they don't get that, they move on.
    That's depressing. I've seen many instances of unconditional love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just be yourself. Not all women are the same.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Women are like cats. If you constantly show it affection, it will avoid you. If you ignore it, it wants your attention.

of course people are different. Ive known some women that have to be around me all the time. Others not so much.
    What lol. My cat won't leave me alone ever if I start playing with him.

Don't be clingy but also don't ignore or flake off. Don't be selfish.

Most importantly, don't constantly tell her you love her 10 times a day. Never, ever make "love you" just another word apart of your vocabulary. Keep it special but don't act like you don't. Simply responding back to her text message, talking to her like if she was your best friend, and even chilling on the couch watching her favorite tv show is enough to show you care.

Yeah, but Houston, we have another problem. She is away on a trip until Monday and she is with her co-workers. She won't stop texting me - I told her to ENJOY HERSELF AND HAVE A GOOD TIME but she is too focused on me.

How do I handle this situation? I know this may seem like a nobrainer to most of you but this is very new to me.. so please be careful in our responses, as I would genuinely like to know how to keep in touch.. just enough.. to prevent her from feeling neglected.

Whatever happened to "be yourself" as the best policy?
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Deleted
    It's good advice. I was in a relationship with a very clingy/needy girl for around 3 years and I gave it my all from day one since it was my first real relationship. It got to the point where she wanted more than I could give and I just couldn't do it anymore and it ended up making me really unhappy in that relationship because she took it that I didn't care for her anymore.

Never play all your cards at once, in anything in life. Words I'm choosing to live by from now on.