Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Games are meant to be fun/relieve stress. If neither are happening then find a different game. Try something new that doesn't leech $15 a month. I realize that you have put time and effort into your WoW character but it's simply not worth the trouble if you're more stressed after playing than before.

No new games will fix this.. you know why? Because of all the friggin CHILDREN on the internet and I don't only mean those below the age of 18 (even tho they are the worst). During the start of WoW internet wasn't as easily accesible, the cost was higher and the subscription itself made WoW inaccesible for kids in most cases. Of course there are exceptions to everything, but most of the jerks I meet online admit to be 15-17 and they think THAT'S A LOT. That's what it all has come to - internet is forever infected with emotionally undeveloped and unstable teenagers.

I've given up on the social aspect of online gaming - unless you're into 12 years old wanna-be-trolls you should do the same.
    I'm glad we can't put numbers into our character's name in WoW, because everything we'd see would be xXxarthaz0r98 or LEG0LASXXX97.

Deleted
    next time it happens, Vote kick the offender saying " The mage is a Jerk and needs to Learn to play"
    Why ? Because 99% of the time people look at the message and class of the offender, and not the name meaning in this case the priest would be gone

Deleted
    Wow should have an admittance test. After you level up to 75-80, which should be plenty of time to get accustomed to the game, you have to finish the occulus. If you can't do that out of your first try you get an unremovable title, " Insertname the Useless" for two weeks, so people know to avoid you. If you rage quit the group before its done, perma ban from wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    Assuming you are telling the whole truth (the mechanics are right at least), the trick to getting rid of a jerk healer is to put the vote on them and insult yourself INCLUDING the word "mage", something like "terribad mage can't CC".

I'm probably going to catch crap for this post, but it works and gets rid of problem people, espicially when it's 3 matched up with 2 so that no one can kick anything. I'll admit, I get an evil glee out of watching/making a dps kick their guild healer.
    I always do that when im in an arguement with 3 people from 1 guild for whatever reason.

Nobody bothers to read who they kick, and it's hilarious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Gaming isn't broken the community is just rotten, always has been always will be.
    The community has gotten worse over time, you only have to look at some of the trolling comments in this thread to see how bad its getting.

With regards to bad LFD groups, I'd rather leave and suffer Deserter than put up with drama of votekicks. But then I do LFD as a tank for the fast queue times so it hurts them more.

Nope, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the "community". As in real life, there can be nasty people around, that's all. I have yet to see a "bad person" this expansion, as far as the random grouping goes. Sure people are not talking in random groups, but for fuck's sake we are all there for the daily valor or for some gear, not to chat. It's obvious why people aren't chatty: you won't see them again, so why bother?

you're not responsible for what other people do, you are responsible for what you do, so behave well and don't let them bring you down, don't even in a game situation.
    my grandma used to tell me "if someone behave bad with you that's not an excuse for you to behave bad in response"

sometimes people need to vent at the idiocy in wow.

I too never stay in a group in they're treating someone else like crap for no justified reason. or if its one person i get them kicked. if they refuse to do so, i leave. whether i know the person being treated awful or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    I started playing WoW.

Hopefully Titan is released sooner than later and we can all have an epic gaming experience once again.

Peace.

sidenote: i am eager to see what sorts of replies i get to this post, i'm sure some might be a good example of what i'm referring to.
    why would you want to anticipate another blizzard game. jerks from wow will just migrate to titan, just like they are in D3. face it. blizzards games bring the worst out of a community.

u new to wow? never speak to anyone , it will never end well.

Deleted
    So all the other people saw was your seamingly unprovoked vote kick? Yeah, wonder why they sided with the healer..

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    TLDR: I tried to Vote kick someone, failed and ended up being Vote kicked myself - QQ!

People online act like morons, get used to it, it wont change :/
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    Assuming you are telling the whole truth (the mechanics are right at least), the trick to getting rid of a jerk healer is to put the vote on them and insult yourself INCLUDING the word "mage", something like "terribad mage can't CC".

I'm probably going to catch crap for this post, but it works and gets rid of problem people, espicially when it's 3 matched up with 2 so that no one can kick anything. I'll admit, I get an evil glee out of watching/making a dps kick their guild healer.
    I must try this at some point. Not just for the fun of it, of course!
    RETH

has the enrage on it which means it cannot be cc'd for a certain amount of time
    While it can't be sheeped hes crying at me and telling me to sheep it and counterspell it.
    I get a pst from him after the boss is killed that reads "learn to play mage"
    Why didn't you just tell the priest this? It would have made him feel stupid.

I figured the group would either not care or they would actually see I was doing my bit and would vote to kick him.
    Shouldn't expect something like this in a random group.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Deleted
    Tbh I don't talk to ppl at all in inis unless we wipe, then i tell them what to do if i see what the reason for the wipe was. Sometimes ppl listen sometimes they don't. It's been a long time since i was kicked the last time and it was pretty much the same thing as with your story. The tank was screwing up i saved the healer by pulling aggro off of him since the tank didn't manage to handle it and got kicked afterwards because "i pulled aggro" >.<
    Nothing to do in such a case as to move on knowing that the problem with stupid people is, that they are always fucking sure they know what they are doing, even though they don't in 99% of the cases
    Best thing to do is ignore everyone else, if he flames you put him on ignore and smile knowing that he is very very mad at you for doing that

It's stuff like this why I quit wow, I like to come on here every now and then and read what people have to say XD

Deleted
    Im way more annoying at people that votekick when a dungeon run is going great just because one of the people runs his mouth than at the person running his mouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsnstuff View Post
    Why didn't you just tell the priest this? It would have made him feel stupid.
    This. So much.
    Just explain the situation in a calm matter after the boss fight instead of initiating a totally random vote kick against the healer. Explain in party chat that you gladly CCed as often as possible while explaining the limitting factor for CC in this fight.

Instead you went ahead and provoked the group by attacking the healer without anything said in party chat besides the fact that the healer asked you to CC to which you didn't reply in public. So of course the group had to think that you didn't take the advice and thus are being nasty because you don't want to be told how to play.

This was a completely harmless situation which only escalated because you didn't handle it properly. This kick and this thread could've been easily prevented by yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fear that Titan will be filled with retards just like wow is now.
    I also notice that my gameplay experience is constantly spoilt by idiots, no matter what game it is.
    Those who spoil it are idiots who don't care about the game at all and just came for lulz, OR those who care too much and never accept those who don't.
    Those who are in the middle are sort of rare species nowadays. Maybe i just did not notice that several years ago.
    I fear i'll never again realy enjoy a game in such circumstances.